Learning Spanish language

Thread: Learning Spanish language

Tags: None

Nene said:

Muchas gracias Xiurell!
    Creo que tengo mucha suerte, porque en Irlanda hay mucha gente que habla espanol y puedo aprender. Tambien tengo amigos de Cuba y Argentina.
    Mivel mindig az okos enged, már rég a hülyék uralkodnak...

2. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by xiurell View Post
    aquí encontrarás gente estupenda
    when i first read that i thought you said "gente estupida" and started to laugh out loud jaja

can anyone tell me what "casi por suceder" means?

Adrienne said:

^ ahhaha lol

casi por suceder - almost to happen
    Aconteceu
    Estava escrito assim
    Eu em vocę, vocę em mim
    Eu te encontrei
    Meu grande amor..

Da li cu ikad moci da sklopim oci a da tebe nema..?

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam!
    בועז, תתחתן איתי!

xiurell said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    when i first read that i thought you said "gente estupida" and started to laugh out loud jaja
    Me too when I read your misunderstanding

5. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne View Post
    ^ ahhaha lol

casi por suceder - almost to happen
    thanks

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Nene View Post
    Muchas gracias Xiurell!
    Creo que tengo mucha suerte, porque en Irlanda hay mucha gente que habla espanol y puedo aprender. Tambien tengo amigos de Cuba y Argentina.
    Hey Nene, tu espańol es muy bueno... me da mucho gusto
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

Nene said:

Gracias Zahra!

Amigos, sabeis que yo hago si quiero hablar mucho espanol con algien?
    *Vengo a salsa!!! Claro! Porque aqui la majoridad habla esa lengua...

My friends, do you know what I do if I want to speak "a lot of" spanish with someone?
    *I go for salsa!!! Of course! Because here the majority speaks this language...

------
    Note: I'm posting bilingual in case someone has only started learning spanish.

I ask everyone here, please always correct my mistakes! Cheers!

8. dmoney101 said:

Gracias Zahra!

My friends, do you know what I do if I want to speak "a lot of" spanish with someone?

------

you mean salsa the food or the dance?

Nene said:

Hihi! I mean the dance, of course!

damarys said:

Smile

Gracias Zahra!

------

Hi Nene! Since you opened your self for correction... here is one: Majority in Spanish is mayoría. There is no such word as "majoridad" that I know of.

Peace!

Nene said:

Oh, I see. Thanks mill for the correction! Appriciated!

damarys said:

Gracias Zahra!

------

Nena, thanks for the rep. Since you are looking to learn Spanish, here is another suggestion. I understood as you stated above that you like to go dancing. When you say that you go in Spanish, you would say "voy". "Vengo" means to come. So you may want to say "Voy a bailar salsa". That is better understood and a more correct way of expressing your meaning.

It's exciting to see people who are not afraid of learning another language. I need to do the same!!!! You inspire me.
    Last edited by damarys; 09-16-2008 at 08:53 PM.

13. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by damarys View Post
    Nena, thanks for the rep. Since you are looking to learn Spanish, here is another suggestion. I understood as you stated above that you like to go dancing. When you say that you go in Spanish, you would say "voy". "Vengo" means to come. So you may want to say "Voy a bailar salsa". That is better understood and a more correct way of expressing your meaning.

It's exiting to see people who are not afraid of learning another language. I need to do the same!!!! You inspire me.
    i can't believe i didn't notice that he used vengo. shame on me, i usually catch stuff like that jaja

Nene said:

Thank you both for "teaching me".
    One of my friends also noticed that when I speak I mostly use "venir" instead of "ir", but the problem is that most of the people don't correct me, because they think "I understand what she ment..." Then I learn with mistakes and my mistakes become my bad habits!

Hm, can I also say: Me voy a salsa...? What is the difference if I say: Voy a salsa...?

I was thinking, (for instance) if I have a friend working in that salsa club and he will be there by the time I arrive, can I use "Vengo a salsa..." (when talking to that person)?

15. dmoney101 said:

Thank you both for "teaching me".
    One of my friends also noticed that when I speak I mostly use "venir" instead of "ir", but the problem is that most of the people don't correct me, because they think "I understand what she ment..." Then I learn with mistakes and my mistakes become my bad habits!

Hm, can I also say: Me voy a salsa...? What is the difference if I say: Voy a salsa...?

I was thinking, (for instance) if I have a friend working in that salsa club and he will be there by the time I arrive, can I use "Vengo a salsa..." (when talking to that person)?
    well if you're saying "i come to dance salsa" i think it would be "vengo para (then whatever the verb is for salsa)". Basically, if you put me in front of "voy a" then you're saying that what you're going to do is being directed at yourself. "Me voy a Mexico" would be "I'm going to Mexico". Honestly, you could say it either way and i don't think it would make much of a difference.

xiurell said:

In some cases, putting a verb in the reflexive form can make it more intense, as you do sometimes in English by adding a particle. For example, ir means "to go," but irse is usually translated "to go away." Similarly, comer means "to eat," but comerse might be translated as "to eat up," as in se comió cinco naranjas, he ate up five oranges.

Saludos

Nene said:

dmoney101 / xiurell, muchas gracias!!!

damarys said:

I do have a problem with the phrase "Voy a salsa". That does not really make sense. You woudn't really go to salsa... because "salsa" is a noun... the name of a dance. Woudln't you say that you are going to dance the salsa? Wouln't you say that you are going to "salar" Ha, ha! "Salsa" is not a verb in Spanish that I know of. It's something you dip your chips in and it's the NAME of a dance. So you can't say that you are GOING to a tango. You would say that your are going TO tango. You would say "Voy a bailar el tango".

Now, "disco" is a dance AND a place. So you could say, "I'm going to the disco". "Voy al disco".

Now, if there is a club name Salsa, then you could say, "Voy a Salsa".

Jump in.... you linguistic experts!

xiurell said:

Voy a la disco (it's a short femenine word for discoteca)

damarys said:

Quote Originally Posted by xiurell View Post
    Voy a la disco (it's a short femenine word for discoteca)
    Thank you... It sounds funny to say "a la disco" if you don't know that it is short for "discoteca".
    What do you think about "voy a salsa"? Is that ever said like that in Spanish speaking countries that you know of? I've never heard it but... what do I know?