Learning Spanish language

Thread: Learning Spanish language

Tags: None
  1. momper said:

The correct one is "Tú eres muy tímido", but you could say "Usted es muy tímido" (usted is a polite form of second person singular, like आप).

"Lo" is the direct object pronoun. It's like "it", but it can also be a personal pronoun.

Take it: cógelo
    Take him: cógelo

I hope someone improves the explanation.

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by momper View Post
    The correct one is "Tú eres muy tímido", but you could say "Usted es muy tímido" (usted is a polite form of second person singular, like आप).

"Lo" is the direct object pronoun. It's like "it", but it can also be a personal pronoun.

Take it: cógelo
    Take him: cógelo

I hope someone improves the explanation.
    mmmm in México coger has quite different meaning... ... so I'd change it for:

Take it: tomalo
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

songlover26 said:

Thanks guys
    Tum takalluf ko hii iKhlaas samajhate ho 'Faraz'
    dost hotaa nahii.n har haath milaane vaalaa - [Ahmed Faraz]

velvet_sky said:

heey, glad that I am not the only one who is always asking for help here, hehe btw Zahra, what's the meaning of Coger in Maxico?

btw I have a question again soo in the following sentence why the subjunctive is used?

¿Quires que compre algo? I thought that the construction querer que, always requires after "que" the use of a verb in its infinive form??? sooo isn't it supposed to be ¿Qué quires que comprar?
    Tose Proeski - The Hardest Thing --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKRrADJ7j3E
    * Agapi mou gurna pisw, Mou Leipeis... :[

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by velvet_sky View Post
    heey, glad that I am not the only one who is always asking for help here, hehe btw Zahra, what's the meaning of Coger in México?
    well, coger=to take in some states, but in others... more commonly used to say ¨to f*ck¨

velvet_sky said:

ahaa, got it well, should be more careful with this word then

btw can you help me with the question I posted above

plus I have one more

I was reading some article about the subjunctivo imperfecto, 'Tiene dos terminaciones:
    -ra, -ras, -ra, -ramos, -rais, -ran
    -se, -ses, -se, -semos, -seis, -sen
    Se le agregan a la forma de la tercera persona del plural del pretérito una vez que se le quita el -ron'
    and I got a little bit stuck in the part se le agregan , and just wanted a clarification is this 'se' refering to 'los' (they - meaning the endings - ra, ras, ra .... etc) and 'le' - referring to 'to it'?
    Last edited by velvet_sky; 10-26-2011 at 02:57 PM.

7. momper said:

«En la lengua española, entre los usos más comunes del subjuntivo se encuentran:

—la expresión de un deseo: Mi madre quiere que estudie medicina
    —la expresión de la duda: No creo que llegue a tiempo
    —la aparición en expresiones más o menos fijas como: es probable que, cuando, es interesante que, etc.
    —la expresión de una orden negativa: No tires el papel».
    Wikipedia

Tus frases serían: ¿Quieres que compre algo? ¿Qué quieres comprar?

On the other hand:

«En las oraciones de pasiva refleja la forma "se" precede a un verbo en forma activa en tercera persona (singular o plural), junto al que aparece un elemento nominal, normalmente pospuesto, que funciona como su sujeto gramatical: Se hacen fotocopias (Las fotocopias se hacen); Se necesitan secretarias bilingües (Las secretarias bilingües se necesitan)».
    RAE

In «se le agregan», «le» refers to «la forma de la tercera persona del plural del pretérito una vez que se le quita el -ron».

For example: Se le da un premio (a Juan). Un premio se da a Juan.

velvet_sky said:

Aha, well it's a bit more clear now about the subjunctive. However, I still need to practice on that
    Is it anyway also right to say "quieres que comprar algo" ??? I am just curious

Furthermore, I've got an other question: I often have seen the following expression and am not sure what exactly is its meaning, so if somebody can help on that, would be great!

Que te pasa? Yo siempre te hago caso

Zahra2008 said:

Aha, well it's a bit more clear now about the subjunctive. However, I still need to practice on that
    Is it anyway also right to say "quieres que comprar algo" ??? I am just curious

Furthermore, I've got an other question: I often have seen the following expression and am not sure what exactly is its meaning, so if somebody can help on that, would be great!

whats wrong with you? I always pay attention to you or I always listen to you

about ur other line, it is wrong, the correct one would be:

quieres que compre algo?

Zahra2008 said:

ahaa, got it well, should be more careful with this word then
    yeah very careful using that word with latinos guys, specially MEXICANS!! ahehehe

11. momper said:

¿(Tú) Quieres comprar algo?: Do you want to buy something?
    ¿Quieres que (yo) compre algo?: Do you want me to buy something?

velvet_sky said:

mmm much more clear now gracias
    Zahra, thanks for the help btw is this expression "hacerse caso" means pay attention? or it's just now translated like that because of the context?
    and this 'que te pasa' does it also mean: what's up with you; or somethig like how are you?

Momper, thanks for the help in regard to my previous question with the se, lo
    However, could you (or maybe Zahra) please explain the meaning of the example I gave, coz after examing what you wrote and what I read on internet, I find it that I quiet got what is it's meaning, but I am not sure... that's why I would like to know the meaning of the exact example I gave, to know if I was right???

''' se le agregan''' , a clarification is this 'se' refering to 'los' (they - meaning the endings - ra, ras, ra .... etc) and 'le' - referring to 'to it' - to be atteched to the verb ?

Thanks in advance besos

Zahra2008 said:

mmm much more clear now gracias
    Zahra, thanks for the help btw is this expression "hacerse caso" means pay attention? or it's just now translated like that because of the context?
    and this 'que te pasa' does it also mean: what's up with you; or somethig like how are you?
    que pasa ? would be: whats up?

que te pasa ? would be: whats up with you ?

que onda ? would be: whats up ?

hacer caso it is to pay attention or to listen

velvet_sky said:

Thanks once again, Zahra! You're a treasure!

Zahra2008 said:

Thanks once again, Zahra! You're a treasure!

I am not good with explanations as Momper, but I can help you with translations

velvet_sky said:

hehe yep you both are always so helpful, you've been answering to every my question, for which I am really grateful! do you both have skype btw?

Zahra2008 said:

hehe yep you both are always so helpful, you've been answering to every my question, for which I am really grateful! do you both have skype btw?
    yes I do, I will PM you

velvet_sky said:

Ok, great

19. momper said:

I'm not sure about your question (my English is very limited). Maybe Zahra2008 can also help you in that query.

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by momper View Post
    I'm not sure about your question (my English is very limited). Maybe Zahra2008 can also help you in that query.
    ella pregunta si tienes Skype, es un programa por el cual quiere platicar con nosotros para practicar Español...