Bulgarian chit-chat off topic discussions (split)

Thread: Bulgarian chit-chat off topic discussions (split)

Tags: None

panselinos said:

Нормално. В нашенските молове е по-скъпо.

Всякакви има, дори филипинско малцинство. Шарен град сме.
    It's funnier in Enochian
  2. pierr said:

Default Имен Ден

Please tell me about Имен Ден in Bulgaria.

- 1. Is Имен Ден only celebrated by people whose names are associated with saints?
    - 2. Is it an important celebration?
    - 3. How do you celebrate it?
    - 4. What do you say to the honoree on that day to give him/her your wishes?
    - 5. Do you give presents? If so, what are the kind of presents you give to a man or a woman?

lopatka said:

1. It's mostly celebrated by people who have saints' names, but there are some exceptions: there are people who have a flower's, a plant's or a tree's name (Ясен, Явор, Малина, Калина ...) who celebrate their name days on "Цветница". I think most Bulgarians have a name day. Except the ones who have more western names like Jennifer, Robert, etc.
    2. It is as important as your birthday
    3. The same way as you would celebrate your b-day, only without the cake. You invite people over or go out together and you drink, eat, dance and sing for your health.
    4. You say: "Честит имен ден" (Happy name day) and then you add something like: "Да ти е живо и здраво името. Много здраве, щастие и успехи" (somewhat literally translated: Let your name be healthy and alive. I wish you health, happiness and success) I know it sounds silly in English, but that's what we wish each-other :P .
    5. If it's for a small kid, you usually give toy presents and some chocolate treats. If it's for an adult .. you either bring some kind of alcohol when you go to their house or you give them something small & meaningful. Flowers usually work for women and for men ... I don't know .. a perfume maybe? It also depends on the person, their character and the replationship between you too. If you're close friends, you can make a joke present .. something creative and funny, just for the laughs :P
    Ungir kallar, kátir kallar, gangiđ upp á gólv dansiđ lystilig!
  4. pierr said:

Thanks a lot, lopatka.

Quote Originally Posted by lopatka View Post
    4. You say: "Честит имен ден" (Happy name day) and then you add something like: "Да ти е живо и здраво името. Много здраве, щастие и успехи" (somewhat literally translated: Let your name be healthy and alive. I wish you health, happiness and success) ...
    Is there any particular moment during the party/celebration when you say those wishes? Or can you say it anytime during the day even if the party has not started yet?

5. Flowers usually work for women and for men ... I don't know .. a perfume maybe? It also depends on the person, their character and the replationship between you too. If you're close friends, you can make a joke present .. something creative and funny, just for the laughs :P
    Would flowers be appropriate for a young woman whom you don't know personally but you have been invited through a friend of yours to come for her имен ден party?

smile_bg said:

Quote Originally Posted by pierr View Post
    Is there any particular moment during the party/celebration when you say those wishes? Or can you say it anytime during the day even if the party has not started yet?
    It is usually said at the beginning, when you meet the person who celebrates (именик) or when you give the present, if you have one.

Would flowers be appropriate for a young woman whom you don't know personally but you have been invited through a friend of yours to come for her имен ден party?
    Yes, totally. Flowers are always appropriate. Sometimes, even for men.
  6. pierr said:

Thanks smile_bg

What's the English word for именик ? You use the same word for a man and a woman ?

smile_bg said:

Thanks smile_bg

What's the English word for именик ? You use the same word for a man and a woman ?
    Именик is for a man, именица - for a woman. They do not have an equivalent in English - just a person who has a name day.

NyLoN_BoY said:

Зарави, че на именния ден ритуално се полива именника с малко вода... поне на моя имен ден такъв е обичая...

btw... Hi! I`m back. I quited the phylology! I`m now learning psychology in Veliko Tarnovo... Is anybody here?
    Всичко е лъжа, заблуда и лъжа, заблуда, всичко е лъжа...

lopatka said:

hah Вярно .. имениците се поливаха с вода, а на рождениците им се дърпаха ушите :]]

And what's with VT university .. so many of my friends applied for there and my best friend's even moving there soon :] I though Sofia Uni was the furore of undergraduate education ... :]
    Ungir kallar, kátir kallar, gangiđ upp á gólv dansiđ lystilig!

tedinkyyy said:

Ооохохо, тази година има толкова свободни места в СУ,че за другите не ми се мисли... лично аз намирам ВТУ за много по-добър вариант от ПУ евентуално,макар че и за ВТУ не вървят много приятни слухове последните 2-3 години.
    Аз бих казала,че най-масово са атакувани Икономическия във Варна ( половината от бившия ми клас са там лол), УНСС и СУ за Право най-вече.
    Иначе тази година в СУ традиционно не мръднаха надолу баловете и за Скандинавистика Друго много желано е Психология.А свободните места тази година естествено са най-вече в Химическия,Биологическия,Физическия,педагогическит е специалности...
    Руската и Немската помня също бяха трагедия, с по повече от 20 свободни места... иначе се учудвам,че за моята филология нямаше ;лол
    За ПУ представям си какво е,там единственото,което се запълва веднага,са икономиките и психологията,останалото е тотално празно ;лол
    Ако те интересува още нещо, питай
    Eins.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Zwei..hier kommt die Sonne
    Drei.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

NyLoN_BoY said:

hah Вярно .. имениците се поливаха с вода, а на рождениците им се дърпаха ушите :]]

And what's with VT university .. so many of my friends applied for there and my best friend's even moving there soon :] I though Sofia Uni was the furore of undergraduate education ... :]

Лопатка, просто в Търново семестриалните такси са по-малки и живота там е по-евтин от колкото в София... Това беше главната причина да избера Търново, а иначе така или иначе нищо няма да науча в университета... отдавна университетите в България не са учебни заведения...

А иначе във ВТУ специалността с най-много незапълнени места е... Българска филология... чудя се защо ли...
  12. b'lgarin_ot_ohrid said:

Да, Велико Търново е много приятен за живеене град, особено за студентите. А какво е равинщето на обучението - не го знам, вие кажете

tedinkyyy said:

По-ниско в сравнение с това в София и по-високо в сравнение с това в Пловдив
    Eins.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Zwei..hier kommt die Sonne
    Drei.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

NyLoN_BoY said:

Quote Originally Posted by b'lgarin_ot_ohrid View Post
    Да, Велико Търново е много приятен за живеене град, особено за студентите. А какво е равинщето на обучението - не го знам, вие кажете
    Ако става дума за филология ВТУ is the best ... друг е въпроса че ти съдират задника от учене...

Иначе останалото е колкото да имаш диплома...
  15. macorules94 said:

Здравейтеееее

Много време нямам пишано :П
  16. I'm unstoppable said:

Quote Originally Posted by macorules94 View Post
    Здравейтеееее

Много време нямам пишано :П
    Ami napishi ti neshto ta da ima
    C'est la vie!