finn 2 eng, PLZ!

Thread: finn 2 eng, PLZ!

Tags: None

gotterdamerung said:

Default finn 2 eng, PLZ!

Just a translation of Korpiklaani's instrumental song - title - Juokse Sinä Humma. What does that mean?

Kiitos

2. Eepeepee said:

Juokse = Run, Sinä = You and Humma = Horsey so ehh that's that =D

gotterdamerung said:

Actually, sounds a bit like that

Could you also translate these names:
    Pellonpekko
    Hengettömiltä Hengiltä
    Vakirauta
    Tuli Kokko
    Kirki
    Ryyppäjäiset
    Kädet Siipinä

Thanks again!

4. Eepeepee said:

Ghh well I won't get too fancy with 'em

Pellonpekko
    This one shouldn't even be translated. Pellonpekko is the god of agriculture and fields in the Finnish mythology. Also the god of beer. =)

Hengettömiltä Hengiltä
    From spiritless spirits

Vakirauta
    Actually it should be Väkirauta. =) And ehh I don't know how this should be translated, it might be a word for something in something but I really have no idea and didn't find it anywhere, but maybe someone smarter than me knows what it means. Rauta = iron anyways, väkirauta could be something like "forced iron" but I really have no idea.

Tuli Kokko
    "Came bonfire", sounds kinda funny right? In English the order of the words should be reversed but even then it doesn't sound too good. By the way, tuli also means fire so it's a bit of a play with words.

Kirki
    Sorry, not a clue about this. It's probably some old Finnish word for something but I can't find it anywhere. Again maybe someone smarter will know.

Ryyppäjäiset
    "A drink fest". =)

Kädet Siipinä
    "Arms as wings"

lollipop said:

that "väkirauta" word...
    As probably that word is asked, because of from Korpikaani's song "Väkirauta", then in that context it is translated as "sword"
    (i found a nice translation here: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=403818326 )

6. Kaosz said:

'Väki' kan mean 'power' or 'strength' or also 'magical power', so literally, 'väkirauta' would be something like powerful or magical iron.

7. Kaosz said:

It really bummed me out that I couldn't find that kirki-word anywhere, so I searched and searched and searched and finally found out that 'kirki' is a synonym for 'kiimaa' which can mean 'rut', as in 'rutting season', or 'horniness'.
    Phew. ;-)

gotterdamerung said:

Thanks for your thorough investigation, considering "kirki" and "väkirauta". Cheers!

9. Kaosz said:

No prob, you're welcome!