Greek Pop(?) song heard in Naoussa Paros

Thread: Greek Pop(?) song heard in Naoussa Paros

Tags: None
  1. CTM said:

Default Greek Pop(?) song heard in Naoussa Paros

My wife and I honeymooned in Greece last week and while we were staying in the Kanales Apartments in Naoussa on Paros, we often had nightcaps at the hotel bar. The bartender there had a mixed CD of greek music and one of her favorite songs which we came to very much enjoy was a hauntingly beautiful song with a very catchy hook which she said translated to "I miss you, I love you". It repeated the words over and over again in the hook. I don't speak much greek (really just pleasantries) but I did catch the words "Kiria", "mou", and "musica" in the song. I know it's not much to go on, but any help would be much appreciated. The song was sung by a male voice.

If there is any other information that I can remember and give to help identify the song, just let me know.

Thanks!

2. garster71 said:

Hey that is not much to go on so I will give u the name of the only greek band that I know of but their songs are played on the radio here in the US so who knows. The bands called Mikro maybe its one of their songs u never know. If not u still learned about a good band. Good luck.

3. oneira said:

hmm... do you remember any other words? or what kind of song it was (dancy, slow, pop, greek)

btw hope you enjoyed paros! its one of my favorite places i usually stay in parikia though..

in the meantime you might like nino-fovame, its one of my all time favorites and 'haunting' is a way id describe it

4. CTM said:

Default A little more info, for what it's worth

Thanks for the replies!

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a band... It sounded like a single solo male voice, though there was instrumental music behind it. More of a slower ballad type song, very reminiscent of the kind of "love found then lost" type of soulful songs we get occasionally on the pop charts in the states. I'd probably characterize the singer as a modern "crooner" more than a pop idol type.

I really can't help much with the lyrics as I only speak "tourist greek" so beyond "yasas" , "kalimera", "ephairisto" and the like, I don't have much to work with. The lady who played the song spoke greek, but her english wasn't terribly strong, so she had difficulty translating it for us beyond the "I miss you, I love you" bit, which probably wasn't word for word. She did indicate that it was a song about lost love/love on the rocks, as it were.

It did sound like the chorus was repeating a couple of phrases over and over, something along the lines of "kalimou kiria, ________mou musica, _______mou ______, _________ ________ _______...."

I know that's not much help, as it's just phonetically what it sounded like to me, and I'm probably very far off.

The tempo was slow, like I said kind of haunting, and the emotion that came through from the music and the singer's voice was one of regret and loss, the kind of thing that epitomizes a "breakup" song... Funny that we (on our honeymoon) should have latched on to that song, but it was just terribly beautiful and the bartender at the hotel played it at least once a night while we were there.

Oh, and yes, Paros was wonderful. We really enjoyed our stay there!

Thanks again, and let me know if you have any more suggestions for me to lookup/listen to so I can find this song!