Viva La Vida (Coldplay)

Thread: Viva La Vida (Coldplay)

Tags: None
  1. lewis said:

Angry

and what does the tilte of the song has to do with the lyrics anyways.

I love the damn song but I just see it as a meaningless song with a good rhythm.
    I mean I hate every time they borrow wordz from other languages, specially words that they can't even pronounce themselves. I mean I saw 'em in an interview and when they were asked for the name of the song they couldn't even pronounce it right

great song, meaningless lyrics
    Last edited by lewis; 11-10-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Yunii said:

It's about the French Revolution. =')
    France was one of the most powerful kingdoms of the world, ("I used to rule the world...") when the Revolution broke out ("But now in the morning I sleep alone" and "Revolutionairies wait"). The king was murdered, and blahblah, yadayada, you get the point. =')

That's also the reason of the paintings in the vid, the paintings are about the Revolution. ^^

I think the lyrics are a bit shallow and vague, but cool though. ^^ It gives an unausual view on the Revolution. =)
  3. Ultimate DJ said:

its actully just spanish for Live The Life or kinda Long Live The Life. its becaus when they wer touring in Latin Amer they really liked it there thus named their album for it. i really lyk the sng! so glad its not just anothr love sng!

puravida
    DJ
  4. halloyellow said:

the first time I heard this it seemed obvious that it was
    a song from the perspective of lucifer....no? I
    can explain if anyone is interested.
  5. Ultimate DJ said:

Quote Originally Posted by halloyellow View Post
    the first time I heard this it seemed obvious that it was
    a song from the perspective of lucifer....no? I
    can explain if anyone is interested.

yeah that's what I thought as well. Except he still does rule the world.
    But it definitely could be. And that it mentions so much about music "Choirs are sing, Bells are ringing" and that's what Lucifer hears, that would be what would bother him cause he was the chief musician.

puravida
    DJ
  6. halloyellow said:

ooooh yeeeeeah, I forgot about that, nice one.
  7. halloyellow said:

also....what's with the red V on Chris's white t-shirt, it seems a bit
    like "code" to me , unless it's some brand, I mean, a "V" is not very subtle.

I've heard they are being sued for ripping this song. Does
    anyone know what original song this could be from?
    It did seem to be a bit of a departure from their previous
    work.
    Last edited by halloyellow; 12-22-2008 at 10:11 PM.
  8. xwhatxmattersx said:

this song is one of my favorite songs right now, it puts me in such a good mood, i love everything about this song!