Lyrics: Albanian to English

Thread: Lyrics: Albanian to English

Tags: None

cortom said:

Thank you very much. Touching lyrics, especially the first and second. I was a bit disappointed in Adem Ramadani's song, because I had expected some poetic song about spring, and nature, and it turns out to be something completely different. I still think it is a very good song, and I have to admire how Adem R. catches your attention even without musical instruments.

Could you elaborate on the meaning of some words? Wat means 'te vekut'? I found 'drrase'='(wooden) board'. Does 'jaran'='friend'? I'm thinking of Sinan V's song 'Une me jarana' (thought it was a name).

In Edona's song, is it possible that the lines have been truncated in the wrong way? I'm guessing:

iku nata e vjen dita
    plot me halle shtatin rita

(it would rhyme better). And then the second line could mean something like: I grew up in misery. Is that possible? Or am I just inventing things?

I found another version of the same song bij Shkurte Fejza. It seems as if the lyrics contain several additional verses. If it is not too much trouble: could you check it out? Here's a YouTube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9zm92ZiHis

You did a wonderful job, if I may say so. You have reason to be proud.
  2. Balkaneuro said:

Quote Originally Posted by RrushiiTushii View Post
    usually in kosove Jaran means a friend like a close friend, and in this case Jaranesha means like a close female friend and hes upset because his jaranesha, close female friend, got married and he probably wanted to marry her.
    RushiiTushii said jaran means close friend so i figure it's just a term used in Kosova : )
  3. Balkaneuro said:

Quote Originally Posted by cortom View Post
    Could you elaborate on the meaning of some words? Wat means 'te vekut'? I found 'drrase'='(wooden) board'. Does 'jaran'='friend'? I'm thinking of Sinan V's song 'Une me jarana' (thought it was a name).
    I am not sure what "te vekut" means. And yes "drrase" does mean wooden floor. I am not sure what Sinan Vllasaliu means exactly i guess he is saying "une me jarana" me with these friends or something like that!
  4. Balkaneuro said:

About the Edona lyrics. Your version would would make sense also, depends how you interpret it really. Overall it's just that day after day there was misery. And they wanted to escape to a better life, because of hard times in the area where they lived. So that is why the song goes, "they call me the immigrant but my name is the Kosovar."
  5. Balkaneuro said:

I found another version of the same song bij Shkurte Fejza. It seems as if the lyrics contain several additional verses. If it is not too much trouble: could you check it out? Here's a YouTube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9zm92ZiHis
    Its the same lyrics, maybe it sounds different because of her accent and if you read the lyrics to her version they are written differently but they have the same meaning.
  6. RrushiiTushii said:

Quote Originally Posted by Balkaneuro View Post
    RushiiTushii said jaran means close friend so i figure it's just a term used in Kosova : )
    yea its a term usually used in Kosove, i hear my grandfather and his generation use it all the time, its supposed to mean friend, its another word for mik or shoke (friend)
    Ti nuk gjen dot forcen tme shohesh ne sy ndihem i lenduar kur jemi te dy.

cortom said:

Quote Originally Posted by Balkaneuro View Post
    Its the same lyrics, maybe it sounds different because of her accent and if you read the lyrics to her version they are written differently but they have the same meaning.
    I listened again to Shkurte Fejza's version of the song, and I'm positive now: she has three different stanza's, each time followed by the same refrain ('por sa shoh shqiptare ...' , or is it 'kur sa shoh...'?), while Edona sings only the first one. I can clearly understand the words when I have them written out, but I cannot make out the other stanza's. I hear 'bore' (snow?), 'diel' (sun?) and that's about it.

I know that the people on 'Teksteshqip' put more or less the same lyrics for both songs, but it wouldn't be the first time the lyrics there were in error.
  8. siarkg said:

Hi to everyone I hope someone can help me. Does anybody knows to translate the song below? Thank you.

ermira babaliu - harroje dashurine

E di s'kam te drejte
    Ta thur une k'te kenge
    Se ty vajz' e dashur
    Te shoh vec ne enderr
    Dhe bashk' kur u ndame
    Nuk thame nat'n e mire
    Por thame lamtumire

Te lutem ti falma gabimin e rende
    Se sot zemra ime kendon vec k'te kenge
    Por vuan e jotja dhe dhimbja s'durohet
    Por prape nuk bashkohet

Harroje, harroje
    Ti dashurine tone
    Largoji ti brengat
    E lumtur jeto

Se ti e di mire tani
    se c'esht' dashuria
    Nje mall ndjenj' e zjarrte
    qe prap' gjithkush e do

Harroje, harroje
    Ti dashurine tone
    Largoji ti brengat
    e lumtur jeto...
  9. Balkaneuro said:

I listened again to Shkurte Fejza's version of the song, and I'm positive now: she has three different stanza's, each time followed by the same refrain ('por sa shoh shqiptare ...' , or is it 'kur sa shoh...'?), while Edona sings only the first one. I can clearly understand the words when I have them written out, but I cannot make out the other stanza's. I hear 'bore' (snow?), 'diel' (sun?) and that's about it.

I know that the people on 'Teksteshqip' put more or less the same lyrics for both songs, but it wouldn't be the first time the lyrics there were in error.
    I listened again Cortom and there is different lines i didn't listen to the whole song the first time i guess, good job by the way with hearing that Here are the lines and their translations:

tan kosova eshte aty
    kosova is right thre
    mu me therrasin gurbetqar por kam emrin kosovar
    they call me "the immigrant" but my name is the kosovar

aty qelin lule bore*
    there the (type of flower) blossom
    e me sjellin arome kosove
    they bring me the aroma of Kosova

aty qel o mi be zhur**
    they blossom there, it makes me obsessed
    kuq e zi por si flamur
    red and black like the flag

*lule bore literally means snow flower, but i can't remember what the English name for this flower is.

**"mi be zhur" or "jam zhur" is a difficult term to translate. For example when you really like a type of flower for example, you would 'absolutely love it' or something like that. I can't translate this well! Sorry, but hope i helped somewhat.
  10. Balkaneuro said:

Here is the translation Siarkg

ermira babaliu - harroje dashurine - forget our love

E di s'kam te drejte
    i know i have no right
    Ta thur une k'te kenge
    to sing this song
    Se ty vajz' e dashur
    'cause you my dear girl
    Te shoh vec ne enderr
    i only see in my dreams
    Dhe bashk' kur u ndame
    and when we split
    Nuk thame nat'n e mire
    we never said "good night"
    Por thame lamtumire
    but we said "good bye"

Te lutem ti falma gabimin e rende
    please forgive my great mistake
    Se sot zemra ime kendon vec k'te kenge
    'cause today my heart only sings this song
    Por vuan e jotja dhe dhimbja s'durohet
    but yours (your heart) suffers and the pain is unbearable
    Por prape nuk bashkohet
    but it doesn't come back (join back to the others heart)

Harroje, harroje
    forget, forget
    Ti dashurine tone
    you, forget our love
    Largoji ti brengat
    leave the sorrows
    E lumtur jeto
    and live happily

Se ti e di mire tani
    'cause you now know well
    se c'esht' dashuria
    what love is
    Nje mall ndjenj' e zjarrte
    a longing, a burning feeling
    qe prap' gjithkush e do
    that still everyone wants/likes

cortom said:

hope i helped somewhat.
    Yes, you sure did! I love that 'kuqe e zi' part! I can't decide which one (Edona L. or Shkurte F.) I prefer. Thanks!
  12. siarkg said:

balkaneuro, thank you!!! I have been looking for this song for a long time.... thank you again!
  13. Balkaneuro said:

You're Welcome
  14. karolina1986 said:

Default please translate me this song:)

NRG Band- Drenush

Sa her me shikon moj drenush
    bukuria jote me vret si pushk
    e degjon ket qifteli
    e kam nis nje keng per ty
    e jam vesh me hijeshi
    ndoshta ta kthej mendjen ty

e hajde dalim mo
    moj shqipe e malit o
    e hajde dalim mo
    tja thjom se beashku oo

se une te dua sa teuten
    ty te dua sa lahuten
    sa Drenicen sa Rugoven
    Podujeven krejt Kosoven
    heeeeeeeeeeeej
    une te dua sa teuten
    une te dua sa lahuten
    sa Prishtinen e Gjakoven
    Ferizajin krejt Kosoven
    heeeeeeeeeeeeeeej

Besa bes moj besen ta kom dhon
    per folen qe kem jeten dojm me dhan
    ruges tate ti kur shkoje
    vetlla jote krah shqiponje

hasmit tand mortaja i ra
    syni keq kurr mos me t'pa
  15. Balkaneuro said:

Quote Originally Posted by karolina1986 View Post
    NRG Band- Drenush
    I have already translated this song: http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ly...english-6.html
  16. poiseyla said:

Smile

Hey!! Would it be possible to put the lyrics for Bleona Qereti's song 'e le le lejm' ( i think that's how it's spelt lol).. would it be possible for an english translation as well??
    Thnxxxxxxx
  17. Balkaneuro said:

Javen e kaluar te dy ishim bashk gjasht ditet me te mira diten e shtate u ndam,
    last week we were together, the seven best days ever, the seventh day we broke up,
    dolem ne nga dhoma derisa ti me the emrin e nje vajze qe as ti nuk e nje si,
    we came out of the room, until you told me the name of a girl that you don't even know,
    pardje si dje si sot dit e mia ikin kot le ta nisim ku e lam une e di e jotja jam.
    the day before yesterday like yesterday, like today my dads go by aimlessly, let us start where we left off, i know i am yours.

ref:e le le le shum her e le e nuk e gjen kur ka fajjj 2x
    you leave him many times and don't find out when it's his fault

"lere" or "lej" means leave it/him/her etc., but she says le le le, which means like "oh no" to exaggerate the fact that it's a problem

cortom said:

Default Ēaj Shukarije

I got to know this song more than a year ago, but only recently I discovered that it is a classic, known all over the Balkan. Who can tell me more about it? I have here the lyrics of the Albanian version by Sinan Hoxha and Soni Malaj. (Hot video, by the way.) A translation would be appreciated.

Does anyone know about the Bulgarian version? Does it tell the same story? Does the name of Zdravko Colic ring a bell? His version of the song is really terrific!! What country is he from?

That's a lot of questions, I know. But if nothing else, I'll settle for the lyrics.

Sinan Hoxha & Soni Malaj - Shukrije

Luj me ty o djal oh se ma ka ėnda

Mos mė thuaj se s'mė do bukuroshe vogėl oh

Ēaj Jurie Shukarije
    Kur ma lun syrin e zi e
    Kur ma lun syrin e zi e ti

Keq pėr mua
    Por s'tė dua
    Fjalt e ėmbla kot i thua
    Fjalt e ėmbla kot i thua ti

Se mu doq xhani
    faj ka fustani
    Se mu doq zemra
    Mos luaj me femra
    Bukuroshe moj
    Se mu doq xhani
    faj ka fustani
    Se mu doq zemra
    Mos luaj me femra
    Bukuroshe moj
    aaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaa
    Ēaj Jurie Shukarije
    Nuk tė ndrroj as me florie
    Nuk tė ndrroj as me florie jo

As florije as oaza
    Djalo s'mė duhet unaza
    Djalo s'mė duhet unaza jo

Se mu doq xhani
    faj ka fustani
    Se mu doq zemra
    Mos luaj me femra
    Bukuroshe moj
    Se mu doq zani
    faj ka fustani
    Se mu doq zemra
    Mos luaj me femra

Bukuroshe moj
    Luj me ty o djal oh se ma ka ėnda
    Mos mė thuaj se smė do bukuroshe vogėl oh
    Shum e mirė djalo jam, po pėr ty asgjė nuk kam
    Se mu doq xhani
    faj ka fustani
    Se mu doq zemra

Mos luaj me femra
    Bukuroshe moj
    Se mu doq xhani
    faj ka fustani
    Se mu doq zemra
    Mos luaj me femra
    Bukuroshe moj

aaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaa
  19. Balkaneuro said:

I have already translated that song it is post #39

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ly...english-2.html

Also this song is really old from a famous Romani Macedonian singer named Esma Redzepova, the title of the song is "Čaje Šukarije." If you want to know more information about her she has a website i think, just google it and there's also information on wikipedia. There is also other versions of her famous song in other Slavic languages and then an Albanian version was also created.

I am not sure if it has the same meaning, but Sukarije is a woman's name i think.

cortom said:

Whoa, do I feel silly! It had already occurred to me that I should have consulted Wikipedia on the subject of Zdravko Colic before bothering people here. (I did, in the meantime, and he is Serbian, and associated with Goran Bregovic, another hero of mine.). But not consulting my very own list is unforgivable. I was sure I would have known if the song was in the list: I love both Sinan H. and Soni M. NOT, apparently. Thanks for pointing me out to Esma Redzepova, and for the (old) translation.