Help with a Classic rock song

Thread: Help with a Classic rock song

Tags: None
  1. Maj said:

if i listed all the songs i know my hands would be dead :S

Music, just think what songs match the lyrics and description I first gave. Since I've only heard it once it must not be that well known or I think I would know it better.

2. walshmalsh said:

Pato Banto- Gotta Be a Change

The first few lyrics are:
    "Man! The situation in the ghetto's getting from bad to worse
    seems like my people are under some kind of curse.
    Time to rearrange, gotta be a change.

There's gotta be a change!
    (In the gettho got a be a change)
    Gotta be a change!
    (In the gettho got a be a change)
    We got to rearrange!
    (In the gettho got to rearrange)
    There's got to be a change!
    (In the gettho)"

3. Musicismyfirstlove said:

Yes , well , in that case , make a list of the songs you DON'T know
    The mind is a wonderful thing...

4. Maj said:

walshmalsh, thanks for trying but thats a rap song, the song I'm after his a rock song.

lol music xD
    Technically that's what I am doing, as I scan through, I'm searching every song I dont know that is possibly it, so all you would achieve by that is suggesting songs I've already heard ^^;

I mean there can only be so many songs that match this description.

And it threw me off majorly, because this song had a very distorted lead guitar along with a distorted bass, over powering the vocalist, even when I turned the volume up higher, the vocals were hard to make out, not the kind of song Id expect to find on there but its clear its a older song, Im guessing early 70's. Now, the song progressed on just with the singer singing, this same riff which was very fast and catchy and the bass was very fast until a solo, which was a bit of a silence if I recall right with a keyboard playing a very soft sound, then finally a short guitar solo kicks in and back to the regular song it goes.

The vocalist voice wasnt that deep and sounded mostly clear, the only lyrics I could pickup was something along the lines of "time for a change (we gotta or you gotta) rearrange"

Edit:
    Also, if its anything of meaning, im wanting to say I remember the voice seemed kinda Ozzy-ish, so, any Black Sabbath or Ozzy Osbourne songs, suggest them, but I know Crazy Train, Paranoid, War Pigs, Shot in the Dark, No More Tears, Iron Man, Flying High Again.

Sorrry lol, but I was just listening to Chicago - 25 or 6 to 4, and the song could easily be a early Chicago song, if that helps either :S
    Last edited by Maj; 08-14-2008 at 08:37 AM.

5. Musicismyfirstlove said:

Steppenwolf -Magic carpet ride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwDa5dMmfZ4

6. Maj said:

ahh sadly thats not it either Music,
    I can tell you the difference though, the vocals are not as powering as that song, they are more calm and the guitar is over powering them.
    The guitar also was alot heavier than that, and the riff wasnt chords but a melodic figure.

Hope that gives a bit more help.

7. Musicismyfirstlove said:

Afraid not..believe me when I tell you I did the whole list ....twice , I know almost all the songs , and those I didn't , I youtubed.
    Zilch!
    I think the song you are after is simply not on this list....
    Unless I'm very mistaken and then I stand corrected , but there it is.
    I give up ..

8. Maj said:

Its alright music, it may not be, the radio host just told me if it played on the station, it most likely was on the list.

But that list oculd change who knows lol
    Ill still keep trying, if i have to search it over 50 times lol

Any other help would be appreciated, thanks

9. lunette said:

Default Maybe Boston

I listened to the Helix clip and between that and your song description, I'm thinking it's a Boston song. Go to Amazon and start with their greatest hits and see if that rings any bells...

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Led Zeppelin only used a small amount of distortion

AC/DC's lyrics were pretty straightforward and not at all thrown by the music.

Tahira said:

Just a wild guess: Mayby the SCORPIONS ?

It´s a german rock band but I they are very very popular in the USA and they are performing classical rockmusic and are famous since the early eighties.

They have a very popular song WIND OF CHANGE; but this one is from the
    90ies and is a ballade.
    But when you search in youtube with their name, maybe you can find out more.

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Scorpions are huge in England too... More so than in the US

They have had many albums and a great track called Rock You Like A Hurricane.

Oh and Ballad has no 'e' on it.

Tahira said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate_Worrier View Post
    Oh and Ballad has no 'e' on it.

UUUPS Sorry, my fingers are quicker than my mind.

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Sorry dude, didn't mean to sound pedantic... Just jesting with ya

15. Maj said:

Lunette - I doubt it was a Boston song, way different styles.
    The song im after, the style was, more, prog. rock/ early heavy metal

Tahira - I dont think its a Scorpions song. i checked several besides what I knew and none of them sounded like it.

If it helps anymore the sound of this band, if I had to choose similar bands.
    It would come down to Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Yes, Uriah Heep.

I searched over that playlist and the songs that I didnt know and I still havent found, gaaaaah so Im back to no leads :\

16. ZeppelinRulezU said:

I'm not sure if buddy is still active but checkout Trooper - Raise a Little Hell

17. Janehuebner said:

How about Jethro Tull?

18. JaneStarship said:

Default Answer!!!!

JANE by Starship. Thats your song, I guarantee it.