Is masturbation sin

Thread: Is masturbation sin

Tags: None
  1. judd said:

Default Is masturbation sin

It borders me so much. just feel like knowing..."Is masturbation sin?
  2. evadzelarayan said:

Default is masturbation sin?

Hi I'm new to this website and i viewed your question and decided to give you my honest opinion.

I would say that masturbation is in fact sin. Yes indeed it is. From the Bible we can infer that even thinking naughty and sinful things is wrong and considered sin. It even says in the Bible that you are committing adultery if you lust upon a women even without actually commiting adultery, God will see you as a person who did. Therefore, don't you agree that if you masturbate you are already either commiting adultery to whoever your with or comiiting fornication if you are not yet married?

I hope you understand my point and opinion.

Koukla said:

No, it's not sin cuz it is a need like drinking and eating. So, keep up the good work

istanbulgal said:

The morality of masturbation is NOT found in the Bible and no, this act is not a sin; sexual urges in humans is as natural as experiencing hunger, thirst, tiredness, etc. and it starts as early as age 2 or even earlier.

Masturbation is NOT the same as fornication, adultery, immoral addiction, etc. The reality is that 99.9% of humans masturbate, this statistic ought to say something.

Also, imagine what the rape statistic would be if masturbation was not possible?
  5. judd said:

Quote Originally Posted by evadzelarayan View Post
    Hi I'm new to this website and i viewed your question and decided to give you my honest opinion.

I would say that masturbation is in fact sin. Yes indeed it is. From the Bible we can infer that even thinking naughty and sinful things is wrong and considered sin. It even says in the Bible that you are committing adultery if you lust upon a women even without actually commiting adultery, God will see you as a person who did. Therefore, don't you agree that if you masturbate you are already either commiting adultery to whoever your with or comiiting fornication if you are not yet married?

yeah i understand.yeah the bible says about lust but even in my own opinion, i consider it as sin and feel guilty. Most people i have asked says it's not sin and even some books say same thing.Also,the Bible says much about fornication,adultry and so on but did not talk about masturbation or maybe i have not read the verse in the Bible.
    I am not trying to cause confusion but rather am trying to get various opinions from diff people.

Koukla said:

Bible was rewritten some billion times, in the original one, I dont think it occurred to them to talk about it. It's clergy's job.
  7. ylgdsire said:

It is a sin in Galatians 5:16-26

Where it says the acts of the sinful nature are obvious inpurity, sexual immorality, licentiousness, and debauchery & etc.

licentiousness - the quality of being lewd and lascivious
    wantonness
    immorality - the quality of not being in accord with standards of right or good conduct; "the immorality of basing the defense of the West on the threat of mutual assured destruction"
    2. licentiousness - dissolute indulgence in sensual pleasure
    dissipation, profligacy, dissolution, looseness
    intemperateness, self-indulgence, intemperance - excess in action and immoderate indulgence of bodily appetites, especially in passion or indulgence; "the intemperance of their language"

So yes it is a sin, what is he need of it GOD says do everything for him, to serve him so is that serving him, Paul said if you can be by yourself and serve GOD than do it but if you fall into temptation than get married.
    I hope answered your question, Im not judging who am I to judge only the Maker can do that.
  8. mikebeatz1 said:

yes it is becasue it gives impure thoughts or something along those lines

Koukla said:

Everything that is a human need is a sin in holy books.

bebestylee said:

The Act itself is not a sin......

But the thought process that goes behind it is....

if you can masturbate with a clear mind.......Aside from being extremely talented and strong willed...you would not be sinning.
    Dime cosas dulces para que cuando te las tengas que tragar, no te sepan tan amargas!!!

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Quote Originally Posted by evadzelarayan View Post

I understand your belief in a brainwashing doctrene made up of stories designed to scare with no proof they existed.

Just because you're told sokmething's bad, it is not always so.
    for starters the people who say masturbation's bad are usually horny old bast*rds who's never done it in their miserable lives.
    * Difference of opinion is not argument, only difference.
    * Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it sh*t
    * You are all individual, just like everyone else.
  12. Alinka said:

Brew..... Masturbation is not a sin, unless like some have said...impure thoughts,

"Wrong thoughts, are just as bad as wrong deeds" Jesus Christ
  13. LASINGER said:

Well In My Opinion U Could Say That Masturbation Is Probably A Sin Because U R Followig Your Desires Your Following Your Flesh Instead Of Your Spirit ....if U Know What I Mean... I Could Get All Spiritual In This So Yeh ....... But Hey I Guess One Day We Will All Find Out Right?
    ANGEL_GURL ALL THE WAY!!
  14. judd said:

Thanks
    www.audiosparx.com/judd Let my sound effects inspire you to great productivity. For your personal or commercial Production of home videos,halloween,radio works,ringtones,fashion shows and more.

Benryk said:

Male masturbation is forbidden. This law is derived from the story of Onan (Gen. 38:8-10), who practiced coitus interruptus as a means of birth control to avoid fathering a child for his deceased brother. G-d killed Onan for this sin. Although Onan's act was not truly masturbation, Bible takes a very broad view of the acts prohibited by this passage, and forbids any act of destruction of the seed, that is, ejaculation outside of the vagina.

Im not a Christian but hope this helps.

eternalemo said:

Angry Noo

what the heck is so bad about making yourself feel good? at least ur not having sex at a young age.
  17. elromios said:

Pleasure should not be confused with need. Many pleasures are not only unnecessary but they can be destructive; whereas all needs are constructive and promote our wellbeing.
    Consequently we should avoid classifying something as not sinful only on the basis of the pleasure we may derive from it.

On the other hand something is sinful when it removes us from the kingdom of God to that of Satan. Sin, in Greek “αμαρτία” amartia, simply means to lose one’s aim, as in archery. This in Christianity means to miss the “door”. In the event of a fire if one were to miss the exit door it might mean death.

One of the basic principles of Christianity is TRUTH. When we sin, we lose our aim, and we reconcile with God through the revelation, confession, of the sin. This is what God in Paradise tried to bring man to do. Eve redirected the blame to the serpent and Adam to God by blaming Him in His choice to give him an unworthy woman …

All of us have been given an internal criterion to guide us in our way away from the kingdom of Satan - to which we have fallen in by default, when we refused to reconcile with God – and our return to our loving King and Father, God. When we do something and we “feel” uneasy about it we should perhaps reexamine this something.

DJ Maxx said:

Enjoy your life. Relax. Look around you. This is hardly something to worry about.
    Last edited by DJ Maxx; 12-19-2008 at 11:40 AM.
  19. judd said:

Quote Originally Posted by elromios View Post
    Pleasure should not be confused with need. Many pleasures are not only unnecessary but they can be destructive; whereas all needs are constructive and promote our wellbeing.
    Consequently we should avoid classifying something as not sinful only on the basis of the pleasure we may derive from it.

On the other hand something is sinful when it removes us from the kingdom of God to that of Satan. Sin, in Greek “αμαρτία” amartia, simply means to lose one’s aim, as in archery. This in Christianity means to miss the “door”. In the event of a fire if one were to miss the exit door it might mean death.

One of the basic principles of Christianity is TRUTH. When we sin, we lose our aim, and we reconcile with God through the revelation, confession, of the sin. This is what God in Paradise tried to bring man to do. Eve redirected the blame to the serpent and Adam to God by blaming Him in His choice to give him an unworthy woman …

All of us have been given an internal criterion to guide us in our way away from the kingdom of Satan - to which we have fallen in by default, when we refused to reconcile with God – and our return to our loving King and Father, God. When we do something and we “feel” uneasy about it we should perhaps reexamine this something.
    nice reading it.
    www.audiosparx.com/judd Let my sound effects inspire you to great productivity. For your personal or commercial Production of home videos,halloween,radio works,ringtones,fashion shows and more.

eternalemo said:

i still think its stupid. y do we have to live how some one tells us to. dont u guys ever question......whered god friggen come from?......what is he a friggen alien?
    theres no science behind all ur theory!