Do you remember? I remember I will never forget

Thread: Do you remember? I remember I will never forget

Tags: None

Bunnymenfan said:

Default Do you remember? I remember I will never forget

I've tried to google this but there are like a million songs with those sentences so I was hoping you could help me.

I've heard the end of this song a couple of times on a radio station where they only play music, no words at all, no one ever says what they're playing. They play music from the nineties and 2000's so it could be old.

There's a powerful black female voice and background vocals reapeating all the time those words I wrote in the title (not necessarily in that order) and there's also a guy rapping at the same time (not sure what he says, it's just a few words here and there over the main and background vocals) and I seem to detect some sampling from classic funky songs (some familiar bassline even if the song doesn't sound 80's) but as I said it's too much going on at the same time to hear clearly if it's some sampling or if it just sounds similar.

Anyone has any suggestions?
    Whole at last with a golden view

atmaestro said:

Try "I Will Never Forget" by Kimya Dawson
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

Bunnymenfan said:

Thank you but I'm afraid it's not even close.

Especially the voice maybe not as powerful as Aretha Franklin's or Loleeta Adams but somethign along that style. And the song has an old school funky feeling about it. It's a bit like the end of Shola Ama's Still Believe In Love, but faster with a powerful bass line and a with more intense instrumental background, chorus, rap...

As I said it was the end of the song, maybe the beginning is not as intense.

Thanks for trying anyway!!!

Bunnymenfan said:

No one?

atmaestro said:

Next wild guess is "I'll Always Remember" by Yolanda Adams

You shook me and you made me all over and I'll never forget
    I'll remember I'll never forget I will never forget
    I'llllll rememberrrr I'll never forget I'llll remember what you did for me Lord.

Bunnymenfan said:

Thanks! It could be, I don't remember the Lord part but maybe... So far I've been unable to find this song, so I'll come back when I have found it to let you know, just wanted to say thanks.

atmaestro said:

The attached link will allow you to listen to a 30-second sample of the song, "I'll Always Remember" by Yolanda Adams.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...3:3xfexxu0ld0e

Bunnymenfan said:

Thanks so much. I had managed to find the song (well also just a few seconds as well) and unless there's a funky version of it, I don't think it is the one. I can't really tell if it' the same voice or not, but it's something like that a beautiful, deep, black female voice. Which doesn't necessarily mean it's a black artist, of course.

The only part I heard on the radio was the end so I don't know what it is like in other parts of the song, I'm afraid I can't provide any lyrics except the final chorus (chorus, rap, those words being repeated over and over).

DJ Maxx said:

Worth a try.......

Not female but could be mistaken as one vocally.

Jermaine Jackson - "Do You Remember Me"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2TJrUxrxvA

Bunnymenfan said:

Thanks DJ Maxx! No, I'm afraid not but thanks for trying. I didn't remember that song! (no pun intended) I probably went to school last time I heard it.

The one I'm looking for doesn't sound so 80's as this one and even if it could be an older song, this radio station normally plays music from the 90's and 2000's.

Please keep your suggestions coming!

atmaestro said:

Yeah, the Yolanda Adams song is a gospel/slow jazz song.

Next wild guesses are:
    "We Will Always Remember - The Columbine Song" by Rachael Lampa
    "Cradle Days" by Bette Midler

Bunnymenfan said:

Hi there. Thanks for trying!! I haven't been around for ages so I had missed your suggestions. I will have a look and let you know.