Unsure of what is the language to TERE BIN by Atif Aslam

Thread: Unsure of what is the language to TERE BIN by Atif Aslam

Tags: None
  1. curliz said:

Default Unsure of what is the language to TERE BIN by Atif Aslam

Hi.... Anyone out there can figure out what is the language this song is sang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLeb5EvAMOs

and if you do know, can i get a translation to the lyrics... please

thanks.

citlalli said:

It's punjabi (I think), and u can see a translation here:

http://www.bollywoodlyrics.com/cs/fo...824.aspx#18824

Thanx to Steena for that Bollywood link
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

Lyssa said:

It's rather hindi than punjabi I guess ^^

4. curliz said:

Citlalli, thanks for the translated page. The words to the song are just plain AMAZING!!! Atif does have a great tone of voice singing this piece.
    Your location description is sweet... Hopefully you can get all of them in one place

Cheers.

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssa View Post
    It's rather hindi than punjabi I guess ^^
    Mmhhh... well, to be quite honest I'm not very familiar at all with the languages of that part of the world or with Bollywood films, so I reckon you may be right. I read that Atif is from Pakistan and sings in both punjabi and urdu, and found the lyrics of this song in the punjabi section... but who knows, it may really be hindi

Anyway, whichever language it is, it's a lovely tune with even lovelier lyrics
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by curliz View Post
    Citlalli, thanks for the translated page. The words to the song are just plain AMAZING!!! Atif does have a great tone of voice singing this piece.
    Your location description is sweet... Hopefully you can get all of them in one place

Cheers.
    You're welcome, I'm glad to have put a smile on your face and thanks for your nice wishes!

Cheers

Lyssa said:

Ah in bollywood films they usually mix up hindi with urdu ^^ So could be urdu too.. Just thought of hindi because I understood it lol

citlalli said:

You can understand hindi?!!! Wow I can't understand any of it, not even distinguish it from urdu or punjabi, as u can see

Lyssa said:

Well I understand bollywood films mixed up language XD Not everything but quite a lot^^ Usually the most parts are hindi & I learned devanagari alphabet But I just checked up and realise I'm very unsure to tell if some words are hindi or punjabi actually XD

To distinguish hindi from urdu it's easy when it's written, they don't use the same alphabet!

10. curliz said:

Girls, my roommate is from New Dehli, India and her mom who listened to the song understood it all the way it is Hindi.

Lyssa said:

Ah cool so I was right Thanks to clear the language question^^

citlalli said:

Hey! Great thnxs for the info!

You Lyssa... gut gemacht XD

Lyssa said:

LOL!! Danke Ich bin Gut haha =)

14. yasir said:

Its Urdu , very close to Hindi.