Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Tags: None
  1. ELIANA14 said:

Default I Need Help

I Am Trying To Learn Spanish But Im Having Lots Of Trouble.

First = Ser Vs Estar= Wen Do I Use Soy Or Estoy Also

Can Someone Help Me Translate In Spanish

I Said/ I Told=

He/she Said=

You Told Me=

Im Confused With Wen 2 Say Dijo, Dije, Diga,dijiste,

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by ELIANA14 View Post

I Said/ I Told=(yo) dije

He/she Said=(él/ella) dijo

You Told Me=(tú me) dijiste

diga is the imperative form of "decir" for the pronoun "usted" (in English: Say!)
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

citlalli said:

“If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

citlalli said:

5. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by ELIANA14 View Post
    I Am Trying To Learn Spanish But Im Having Lots Of Trouble.

First = Ser Vs Estar= Wen Do I Use Soy Or Estoy Also

Can Someone Help Me Translate In Spanish

I Said/ I Told=

He/she Said=

You Told Me=

a little hint for ser vs. estar, i usually just say "if it changes, use estar, if not ser". that's not always right, but it usually is. and for dijo, dije, diga, and dijiste
    dijo= he,she, usted in past tense
    dije= i said
    dijiste= you said
    diga, i'm not really sure
  6. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by damarys View Post
    Your mom sounds like someone I would like. She's going to look out for you. Control your urges and work hard in his class. The only way to fight someone like this, is by beating him at his own game.... ACE the class!!!!
    Unfortunately, he probably has tenure and there may be nothing the adminstration can do about it, other than putting him on an improvement plan. But then, if he knows he is being watched, he may just decide to actually teach!
    today, my mom called and talked to my consular and they told her to go up to the school and she did. He said that everything i told her wasn't true and the translation was a regular assignment. i told her about him saying (yesterday) "No me gusta esta clase nada" and he said that wasn't true, and one time we got in trouble because someone was watching the clock for lunch. she asked him if it was because i hung out with hispanics and he was singling me out and he said that wasn't it at all. then my consular said "well, we don't want him getting side tracked before college because he is up here, and the people he hangs out with are down here." That's pretty messed up. I've always gotten that though because all my friends are black or hispanic, and teachers HATE that. I live in one of the most racist places ever. Oh well, i bet the teacher doesn't try anything stupid again. my mom said she wanted to slap him lol

damarys said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    today, my mom called and talked to my consular and they told her to go up to the school and she did. He said that everything i told her wasn't true and the translation was a regular assignment. i told her about him saying (yesterday) "No me gusta esta clase nada" and he said that wasn't true, and one time we got in trouble because someone was watching the clock for lunch. she asked him if it was because i hung out with hispanics and he was singling me out and he said that wasn't it at all. then my consular said "well, we don't want him getting side tracked before college because he is up here, and the people he hangs out with are down here." That's pretty messed up. I've always gotten that though because all my friends are black or hispanic, and teachers HATE that. I live in one of the most racist places ever. Oh well, i bet the teacher doesn't try anything stupid again. my mom said she wanted to slap him lol
    It's just very sad that in this day in age (in the United States of America) we have this kind of stereotypical thinking. I guess I figured by now there would be more tolerance. I heard the same type of stuff about latinos when I was in school. My counselor did not expect me to go to college because of my ethnic background. Well, I have a master's degree and am now working on my doctoral dissertation.... inspite of them! There were some terrific teachers who encouraged me and I'm grateful for that.

dmoney - I hope you have adult mentors around you who are positive and will encourage you and your friends to be the best you can be and not let anyone put a label on you or limit you just because of who you hang around with or your cultural or ethnic background.

That's great that your mom is such a good advocate for you. I hope your friends have mothers and fathers who feel empowered to do the same for their kids!

Peace!
  8. dmoney101 said:

It's just very sad that in this day in age (in the United States of America) we have this kind of stereotypical thinking. I guess I figured by now there would be more tolerance. I heard the same type of stuff about latinos when I was in school. My counselor did not expect me to go to college because of my ethnic background. Well, I have a master's degree and am now working on my doctoral dissertation.... inspite of them! There were some terrific teachers who encouraged me and I'm grateful for that.

dmoney - I hope you have adult mentors around you who are positive and will encourage you and your friends to be the best you can be and not let anyone put a label on you or limit you just because of who you hang around with or your cultural or ethnic background.

That's great that your mom is such a good advocate for you. I hope your friends have mothers and fathers who feel empowered to do the same for their kids!

Peace!

yea, my parents are really strict about my grades and stuff, but it's worth it to me. i kinda like having people that try to hold me back, because that just gives me more reasons to do better than they could imagine. i just hate being judged because i'm from a neighborhood where it's either blacks or hispanics, no whites, so that's what i hang out with and who i'm comfortable with. they think i'm stupid, yet i have a 4.0 gpa.

damarys said:

dmoney101 - Success is the best revenge! Keep shinning bright!
  10. dmoney101 said:

dmoney101 - Success is the best revenge! Keep shinning bright!
    pa k lo epa

guess.who.bebek said:

:P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQpPe_xvihA
  12. ELIANA14 said:

Angry Translate Sentence To Spanish Please

I Opened My Eyes Now, You Are Not The Man I Thought You Were. The Man I Loved And Adored So Much. You Are The Same As Every Man You Will Never Change

guess.who.bebek said:

Yo abri mis ojos ahora, Tu no eres el hombre you pensaba que eras. El hombre yo amaba y adoraba mucho. Tu eres el mismo hombre como todos los hombres. Tu nunca vas a cambiar

xiurell said:

Better that way

Ya abrí mis ojos. No eres el hombre que pensé que eras. El hombre al que amaba y adoraba tanto. Eres igual que cualquier otro hombre. No cambiarás nunca.

guess.who.bebek said:

YEAH perfect omg bravo! your so good! Wow good job Xirell hahaha
    Si perfecto!!! Ay dios mio Bravo! INCREIBLE tu eres muy buena! Estoy asombrada WOW buen trabajo Xiurell
  16. rizzymunchy said:

Hi was wondering if anyone can help me , i have a sound file which i would like help with translating , its spanish and would like it translated to english , its around 30 seconds long , I would try and put a transcript up but im confused on what im hearing , if anyone can help send me a private message please , would be eternally grateful xx
  17. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by rizzymunchy View Post
    Hi was wondering if anyone can help me , i have a sound file which i would like help with translating , its spanish and would like it translated to english , its around 30 seconds long , I would try and put a transcript up but im confused on what im hearing , if anyone can help send me a private message please , would be eternally grateful xx
    just upload it somewhere that we could easily get the file and someone can help (maybe me, depends on their accents)

xiurell said:

Quote Originally Posted by guess.who.bebek View Post
    YEAH perfect omg bravo! your so good! Wow good job Xirell hahaha
    Si perfecto!!! Ay dios mio Bravo! INCREIBLE tu eres muy buena! Estoy asombrada WOW buen trabajo Xiurell
    Are you kidding?
    Btw I'm a boy

Have a nice weekend

guess.who.bebek said:

Quote Originally Posted by xiurell View Post
    Are you kidding?
    Btw I'm a boy

Have a nice weekend
    ok muy bueno* My bad jajaja
    Thanks and have wonderful weeken too!!!
  20. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by guess.who.bebek View Post
    ok muy bueno* My bad jajaja
    Thanks and have wonderful weeken too!!!
    and just so you know, if you call a girl buena, it's the same as calling her fine, so that's not a good word for a lot of contexts jaja