Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Tags: None

.:BiLLiE:. said:

Quote Originally Posted by MaresLejanos View Post
    This is it
    Thank you Mares! Wow, I'm surprised I did such a good job! It's because of all the help I get from all the wonderful people here! Thanks so much and hopefully you'll continue to see my progress!
    .:BiLLiEhDz:.

Could someone please translate this for me?

"I feel like I don't belong anywhere. Like there's no place for me here or there. I just want to feel welcome somewhere and I don't want to be abandoned. This is a hard time for me, I'm sick alot and I need someone to care about me; and I just want to come home."

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by .:BiLLiE:. View Post
    Could someone please translate this for me?

"I feel like I don't belong anywhere. Like there's no place for me here or there. I just want to feel welcome somewhere and I don't want to be abandoned. This is a hard time for me, I'm sick alot and I need someone to care about me; and I just want to come home."
    (female to male right?)

Me siento como si no perteneciera a ningun lugar. Como si no hubiera lugar para mí aquí o allá. Sólo quiero sentirme bienvenida en algun lugar y no quiero ser abandonada. Este es un momento difícil para mí, estoy muy enferma y necesito a alguien que se preocupe por mí; y sólo quiero volver a casa
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Exclamation help with translating !!!

anyone able to translate these for me please????

ya el sabado boy paya por k victor a ir donde una tio y luego vamos a salir pa donde ti yo victor y peluso

y te alista el sabado como alas 8 pm por luego bamos pala ciudad yo los voy a yebar en carro

orale vicho descuentate kon eso mierda no manches konmigo por k
    ya tu sabes puro 13 todos los dias !!!

ya te digo k no me gusta k me mandes solo esas cosas......te juro k eso me da muchas iras

por k todos siempre se burlan de mi por k lo asen

a verdad no c no c ni k pensar por k me dijieron unas bianas diablos

also i was wondering if anyone that is mexican will be able to help me with something for school because they were discussing a holiday that is celebrated basically by mexicans and i'm not really sure the details about it so if anyone that is from mexico willing to help me with it??? it would be greatly appreciated
    x3.:EsCaRliN:.x3

Zahra2008 said:

ya el sabado boy paya por k victor a ir donde una tio y luego vamos a salir pa donde ti yo victor y peluso = ya el sabado voy para alla por que victor a ir donde un tio y luego vamos a salir para donde tu, yo victor y peluso
    Saturday I'll be there because Victr is going to with a uncle and then we will go to where you, I, Victor and Peluso (nickname)

y te alista el sabado como alas 8 pm por luego bamos pala ciudad yo los voy a yebar en carro = y te alistas el sabado como a las 8 pm por que luego vamos para la ciudad yo los voy a llevar en carro
    and you get ready on Saturday like around 8 pm because then we're going to the city I'm going to take you in car

orale vicho descuentate kon eso mierda no manches konmigo por k
    ya tu sabes puro 13 todos los dias !!! = orale bicho descuentate con eso mierda no manches conmigo por que ya tu sabes puro 13 todos los dias !!!
    hey bicho/bug... take off that sh*t do not mess with me because you know pure 13 every day

ya te digo k no me gusta k me mandes solo esas cosas......te juro k eso me da muchas iras = ya te digo que no me gusta que me mandes solo esas cosas......te juro que eso me da muchas iras
    I tell you I do not like to send me just these things.. I swear those things that gives me lots of anger

por k todos siempre se burlan de mi por k lo asen = por que todos siempre se burlan de mi por que lo hacen
    because everyone always make fun of me because they do

a verdad no c no c ni k pensar por k me dijieron unas bianas diablos = a verdad no se no se ni que pensar por que me dijieron unas bianas diablos
    the true I don't know I don't know what to think because I was told about some things, damn/hell

Quote Originally Posted by x0babiigirlx0 View Post
    also i was wondering if anyone that is mexican will be able to help me with something for school because they were discussing a holiday that is celebrated basically by mexicans and i'm not really sure the details about it so if anyone that is from mexico willing to help me with it??? it would be greatly appreciated
    I'm mexican I can help you ....

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Thanks girl i appreciate it!!!!

Ok i have a paper called día de los muertos !!

There's some questions with it i was wondering if you would be able to answer or tell me about them!! =]

1. Where does the day of the dead come from?

2. How is the mexican view of dead different from people of the united states?

3. How is november 1st different than november 2nd in who is honored?

4. Who celebrates dia de los muertos?

5. How did the spaniards view the celebration??

6. Describe a typical November 2nd day in Mexico

7. What is the bread of the dead?

8. Why is food part of the celebration?

9. Describe the music that is integrated in this ceremony

10. What are some of the offerings provided for the loved ones??

i know these are like so many questions but we are doing research about this holiday and i am trying to learn more lol hopefully you can help me =]

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Also these what are two symbols used in the mexican celebration?

What two events might take place?

What is the role of the altar?

Do all countries celebrate this holiday the same way? What is the difference of how mexican culture celebrate it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    (female to male right?)
    Yes, it's female to male. Thanks Zahra!

Zahra2008 said:

to be honest ... this is more like catolics celebration ... and Im christian, so I do not know all the answers, but I would give it a try...

1. Where does the day of the dead come from?
    Mexico

2. How is the mexican view of dead different from people of the united states?

3. How is november 1st different than november 2nd in who is honored?
    the 1st is for honor the children and the 2nd for adults

4. Who celebrates dia de los muertos?
    It is a Mexican and Central American holiday, is also celebrated in many U.S. communities, mainly by Catholics

5. How did the spaniards view the celebration??
    When the Spanish arrived in America in the sixteenth century brought their own Day of the Dead celebrations and Christian Europe, where the dead are remembered on the Day of All Saints. By converting the natives of the new world led to a syncretism that blended European and pre-Hispanic traditions, matching the Catholic feasts of All Saints Day and All Souls with the similar Mesoamerican festival, creating the current Day of the Dead

6. Describe a typical November 2nd day in Mexico
    On this day, Mexican families go to cemeteries, visiting the graves of their relatives, cleaning and maybe paint the tombstones, placed flowers, especially flowers of the dead (zempasuchil or wonders) and lighting candles. Also at home, Mexican families make special altars dedicated to their deceased relatives.

7. What is the bread of the dead?
    Pan de muerto. It's a sweet bun that is baked in different shapes, from simple round shapes up skulls, decorated with figures and sprinkled with sugar

8. Why is food part of the celebration?
    because it is one more way to honor your relatives, cooking the food that they liked when they were alive

9. Describe the music that is integrated in this ceremony
    as far as I know, the music heard in the cemeteries on this day, is the music that your relatives loves/likes

10. What are some of the offerings provided for the loved ones??
    can be: food, pan de muerto=bread of the dead, water glasses, mezcal, tequila, pulque or gruel, cigarettes and even toys for the souls of children. All this is placed alongside portraits of the deceased surrounded by candles

Zahra2008 said:

Also these what are two symbols used in the mexican celebration?
    two?? there are a lot :
    calaveritas de dulce = skulls of sugar = have written the name of the deceased (or in some cases of living persons, in a joking manner that does not offend modest particularly the aforementioned) in the forehead, are eaten by relatives or friends
    the bread of the dead
    las flores = the flowers= families usually clean and decorate the graves with colorful wreaths of roses, sunflowers, among other
    and more and more...

What two events might take place?

What is the role of the altar?
    is the belief that the departed spirit back from the world of the dead in this, to live with relatives for one day, chatting with them, comforting them and comforting them with their loss

Each material has its meaning:
    Portrait of the person remembered: The portrait of the deceased, suggests the soul that will visit the night of 2 November.
    Twelve candles: While they may be less, must be in pairs, and preferably in purple, with crowns and wax flowers. The candles, especially purple, are a sign of mourning. The four candles on the cross represent the four cardinal points, so that the soul can be oriented to find their way and their own house water and salt
    Marigold flower (or flower of a hundred petals): The color represents the light as the rays of the sun and water it in the form of road souls tells the direction in which guides you home
    The shredded paper is a representation of the joy of the festive day of the dead and wind
    Food Pure dark chocolate is prepared in the main table and put food on the liking of those killed, cooked from days before the traditional dishes such as tamales, mole, rice, pumpkin blemish, and so on. so that the dead could enjoy its essence. The food is not only for the soul visitor, but for the mourners, who partied with her and some visitors ireconosible

Do all countries celebrate this holiday the same way?
    I don't know, if the celebration is in the same way, but look very similar, each country has its own traditions ...

What is the difference of how mexican culture celebrate it ?

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by .:BiLLiE:. View Post
    Yes, it's female to male. Thanks Zahra!
    your welcome girl!!

Zahra2008 said:

hey x0babiigirlx0 .. you know what girl? you should ask Citlalli, she is also mexican and catholic (actually was, now she is muslim) ... but for sure she knows more about this celebration than me ...

Even this celebration is mexican, and Im mexican, I dont know much about it, coz I've never been catholic...

x0babiigirlx0 said:

What are these

los cempasúchiles

las velas

los retratos

los alfeñiques

Los dulces

los juguetes

x0babiigirlx0 said:

lol thanks girl i will ask her when she is on maybe she will be able to tell me more but you've helped me out alot so far and i've been making great progress from you and everyone else =]

Zahra2008 said:

los cempasúchiles = is a flower Marigold (or a hundred flower petals)

las velas = the candles

los retratos = the portrait/pictures

los alfeñiques = the word is of Arab origin and was used to call the "fondant cooked and stretched very thin and twisted bars. Figures floury sugar or icing sugar that are specially made for days of the dead, with several designs according to the celebration. Commonly forms are: Skull, coffins with dead man inside, angels, animals and fruits

Los dulces = the candies

los juguetes = the toys

x0babiigirlx0 said:

hey girl would you be able to help me with making sentences???

how would i say these

1. When does class begin?

2. I follow directions everyday

3. This feeling is stingy

4. I am bilingual

5. The milk is spoiled

6. I am spoiled

7. i spoiled her

8. The race was fun

9. she is my favorite character

10. We are twins

11. I have school spirit

Zahra2008 said:

1. When does class begin? = ¿Cuándo comienza/empieza la clase?

2. I follow directions everyday = Yo sigo las instrucciones diarias

3. This feeling is stingy = Este sentimiento es tacaño

4. I am bilingual = Soy bilingüe

5. The milk is spoiled = La leche se echa a perder

6. I am spoiled = Yo soy consentida

7. i spoiled her = Yo la consiento

8. The race was fun = La carrera fue divertida

9. she is my favorite character = Ella es mi personaje favorito

10. We are twins = Somos gemelos = male / Somos gemelas = female

11. I have school spirit = Tengo espíritu de la escuela / Tengo espíritu escolar

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Post translation please!!!!

What is la raza??

and what is El murcie'lago

what does this mean ?

y solo a hora yo kiero aserla sentir especial toda la vida

Zahra2008 said:

la raza?? = race / colorcast

El murcie'lago = el murcielago = the bat

y solo a hora yo kiero aserla sentir especial toda la vida = y solo ahora yo quiero hacerla sentir especial toda la vida
    and only now I want to make her feel special all life

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Cool translation!!!

what do these mean???

estoy pala k me kiera

sonrie y mucho

mas feniz k cotorra

how do you say

i am mad at her because she was supposed to take me to a party and she didn't tell me she wasn't comming she got drunk and passed out and went off with some of the people
    Last edited by x0babiigirlx0; 11-03-2009 at 10:37 AM.