Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Tags: None

citlalli said:

la peregrina the (female) pilgrim

el indígena the indigenous (person)

el pastel the cake

las papas the potatoes

Una fiesta popular en los Estados Unidos es el dia de acción de gracías y acción de gracías dura un día. El día celebra un festín de los Pilgrims, que era una secta religiosa inconformista con la iglesia anglicana de la época. Ellos abandonaron Inglaterra en busca de un lugar donde poder practicar su religión en libertad. Llegarona América a bordo del Mayflower y, en 1620, fundaron la primera colonia permanete en el Nuevo Mundo, en Plymouth. Los Pilgrims llegaron a Plymouth Rock en diciembre 1620. El invierno era terrible era muy frío y no había comida suficiente. Muchas personas se murieron. Pero la cosecha de 1621 fue abundante. Por eso, los colonos decidieron de celebrar con una fiesta, y invitaron a 91 indígenes que les ayudaron durante el invierno terrible. Una comida típica de Acción de gracías sería un pavo con jugo, puré de papas, salsa de arándanos, succotash (maíz y alubías), y pastel de calabaza.
    A popular festivity in the United States is Thanksgiving Day, and Thanksgiving Day lasts one day. This day is to celebrate a feast of the Pilgrims, which was a religious sect dissatisfied with the Anglican Church of those days. They left England searching for a place where they could practice their religion freely. They arrived in America on board of the Mayflower, and in 1620 they founded the first permanent colony in the New World, in Plymouth. The Pilgrims arrived in Plymouth Rock in december 1620. The winter was terrible, it was very cold and there was not enough food. Many people died. But the harvest in 1621 was plentiful. That is why the colonists decided to celebrate with a feast, and they invited 91 indigenous people who had helped them during the terrible winter. The typical meal of Thanksgiving Day consists of turkey au jus, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, succotash (maize and beans) and pumpkin tart.
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

x0babiigirlx0 said:

ben hehca paka paa ronpete ese toto

dile k le kiero mucho y k no puedo olvidarme de ella

yo tambien te extraño mucho pero sé k lo de nosotros no podemos ser y es mejor resignarce

la verdad no te voy a negar si te kise odiar por todo lo k me hiciste pero despues sé me paso xq me di cuanta k yo nunca he sido nada para ti ni tu para mi y ademas no sabia nada de ti nunca te avia visto y por eso no te pude odiarte pero aveces me haces mucha falta

pues la verdad eso tu tienes k ver xq a mi no me importa si estas o no con alguien xq tu puedes estar con el k tu kieres asi como yo puedo estar con la kiera
    x3.:EsCaRliN:.x3
  3. potatoes said:

translations please

im sorry... you ever knew me, for hurting you, for falling for you..
    but thank you... for pushing me away, for killing my heart, for making me not care about anyone or anything ever again

citlalli said:

@Potatoes:

im sorry... you ever knew me, for hurting you, for falling for you..
    but thank you... for pushing me away, for killing my heart, for making me not care about anyone or anything ever again
    Lamento... que me hayas conocido, haberte lastimado y haberme enamorado de ti.
    Pero te agradezco... por alejarme de ti, por haber matado mi corazón, por hacer que no vuelva a preocuparme nunca por nada ni nadie.
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

citlalli said:

@x0babiigirlx0:

ben hehca paka paa ronpete ese toto Come, come here so I can break that "toto" (dunno what that is )

dile k le kiero mucho y k no puedo olvidarme de ella Tell her I love her very much and I can't forget her

yo tambien te extraño mucho pero sé k lo de nosotros no podemos ser y es mejor resignarce I miss you a lot too, but I know that our relationship can't be and it's better to resign ourselves.

la verdad no te voy a negar si te kise odiar por todo lo k me hiciste pero despues sé me paso xq me di cuanta k yo nunca he sido nada para ti ni tu para mi y ademas no sabia nada de ti nunca te avia visto y por eso no te pude odiarte pero aveces me haces mucha falta
    To be honest, I'm not going to deny I wanted to hate you for all the things you did to me, but after a while I forgot about it coz I saw I never meant anything to you and you didn't mean anything to me, besides I knew nothing about you, I had never seen you, and that's why I couldn't hate you, although sometimes I need you a lot.

pues la verdad eso tu tienes k ver xq a mi no me importa si estas o no con alguien xq tu puedes estar con el k tu kieres asi como yo puedo estar con la kiera
    To be honest, that's your business, as I don't care if you're with someone else or not, you are free to be with any guy you want as much as I'm free to be with any girl I want.
  6. rizzymunchy said:

hello all long time now speak , hope ur all ok
    can you possible help with translation of this sentence
    uhi dos bebos y una princesa voy hacer tia jeje k sea pronto

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Cool translation !

translation english 2 spanish !!

My love when i am with you i am going to show you everything that i feel for you because you don't know the urges i have to fight to be with you right now because i have big feelings for you and i want to demonstrate my love for you when you hold me in your arms and i kiss you very romantically and never stopping because i won't want to leave your side and you won't want to leave my side because i want you to hold me so we can do beautiful things and very romantically

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by rizzymunchy View Post
    hello all long time now speak , hope ur all ok
    can you possible help with translation of this sentence
    uhi dos bebos y una princesa voy hacer tia jeje k sea pronto
    wow two baby boys and one princess, I'm gonna be an aunt, I want it to be soon
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by x0babiigirlx0 View Post
    translation english 2 spanish !!

My love when i am with you i am going to show you everything that i feel for you because you don't know the urges i have to fight to be with you right now because i have big feelings for you and i want to demonstrate my love for you when you hold me in your arms and i kiss you very romantically and never stopping because i won't want to leave your side and you won't want to leave my side because i want you to hold me so we can do beautiful things and very romantically
    Mi amor, cuando estoy contigo voy a mostrarte todo lo que siento por ti, porque tú no sabes las ganas que tengo que luchar para estar contigo en este momento porque tengo grandes sentimientos por ti y quiero demostrarte mi amor cuando tú me sostienes en tus brazos y te beso muy románticamente y sin parar, porque no querre alejarme de tu lado y no querrás alejarte de mi lado porque quiero que me abraces para que podamos hacer cosas bellas y muy románticas
  10. potatoes said:

male to female please.
    you wanted to know why...
    well i couldnt tell you right than and there because of my bad spanish.
    these are some things that i always thought about.

you never let me take a picture of you..yet you always let your friends take pictures of you,
    why couldnt I? wasnt i ever your friend?

you were the first to touch me,hold me. but when i tried to hold your hand you always showed you
    didnt want to or you would always let go, walk away, or get mad... why?.

you'd always call me or send a message to meet you so you could talk to me about family, friends, problems..
    i always showed to support you. but when i talk to you, you would always
    avoid the questions, change subjects.... why?

you wanted many things, i didnt say no, i didnt hesitate to get them for you,i asked "you think im a rich person?"
    you said "yes", i asked "you my friend because u think im rich?" again you said "yes". this made me feel bad.

you always told me to call you when i did... you never answered..why? why did i bother to call?
    you didnt want to talk to me when you got home? you just lost interest? ashamed to talk to me in front of your family?

but i still fell for you, why?

i told you everyday you were beautiful, i gave you many sweet notes and compliments, yet you never returned one.
    i told you i missed you, i love you... all you ever said was thanks, what? you didnt care?
    i told you good night,hermosa...or good morning, hermosa, every day.

i tried to learn spanish just to talk to you, and only you.
    i tried to give you a surprise every day, especially when you were feeling bad.
    i tried so hard to make you happy when things didnt work out for you.
    i tried so hard to do things for your family and friends....just for you.

i stopped smoking cigarettes, because i know you didnt like them.

I've thought long and hard and I want you to know that like any other man I've made my mistakes ...
    I looked back at some things I shouldn't have said.
    I didn't mean all the hurtful things I've said, im very sorry for hurting you.
    But through this thinking I have come to see you are not meant for me
    You made it very clear that you dont care for me, you dont love me.
    And it hurts me to know that you don't want me, not even as a friend
    And sometimes I feel that life has no meaning
    i suppose wasted my time, friendship, and love...for nothing....
    But I'll keep on living, my broken heart and me.

but look on the bright side, you wont ever have to deal with me again.

good bye... forever
  11. MaresLejanos said:

you wanted to know why...
    well i couldnt tell you right than and there because of my bad spanish.
    these are some things that i always thought about.

Querías saber por qué...
    Bien, yo no pude decirte entonces y en ese lugar debido a que mi español es malo.
    Estas son algunas de las cosas de las que he estado pensando.

you never let me take a picture of you..yet you always let your friends take pictures of you,
    why couldnt I? wasnt i ever your friend?

Tú nunca me dejas tomarte/sacarte fotos, pero sí dejas que tus amigos lo hagan.
    ¿Por qué yo no puedo ? ¿No fui siempre tu amigo?

you were the first to touch me,hold me. but when i tried to hold your hand you always showed you

didnt want to or you would always let go, walk away, or get mad... why?.
    Fuiste la primera en tocarme, sosterme/apretarme, pero cuando yo traté de agarrar tu mano siempre "te mostraste(???)"/te soltaste.
    ¿No querías que lo hiciera o tú siempre te vas, caminas lejos o te enfadas?... ¿Por qué?

you'd always call me or send a message to meet you so you could talk to me about family, friends, problems..
    i always showed to support you. but when i talk to you, you would always
    avoid the questions, change subjects.... why?

Tú siempre pudiste llamarme o mandarme mensajes de texto para encontrarnos, así tú podías hablarme de la familia, amigos, problemas...
    Siempre te apoyé, pero cuando yo te hablo, siempre evades las preguntas, cambias de tema... ¿Por qué?

you wanted many things, i didnt say no, i didnt hesitate to get them for you,i asked "you think im a rich person?"
    you said "yes", i asked "you my friend because u think im rich?" again you said "yes". this made me feel bad.

Querías muchas cosas, no dije que no, no dudé en obtenerlas para tí, pregunté: "¿Piensas que soy una persona rica?"
    Tú dijiste "sí", pregunté "¿Tú eres mi amiga porque piensas que soy rico?"
    Otra vez dijiste "sí". Eso me hizo sentir mal.

you always told me to call you when i did... you never answered..why? why did i bother to call?
    you didnt want to talk to me when you got home? you just lost interest? ashamed to talk to me in front of your family?

Siempre me dijiste que te llame, pero cuando lo hice nunca contestaste... ¿Por qué?. ¿Por qué me molesté en llamar?
    ¿No quieres hablarme cuando llegas a casa? ¿Tú sólo perdiste el interés?
    ¿Tienes vergüenza de hablar conmigo en frente de tu familia?

but i still fell for you, why?
    Pero todavía estoy enamorado de tí/todavía me siento atraído (I'm not sure about this expression)

i told you everyday you were beautiful, i gave you many sweet notes and compliments, yet you never returned one.
    i told you i missed you, i love you... all you ever said was thanks, what? you didnt care?
    i told you good night,hermosa...or good morning, hermosa, every day.

Te dije todos los días que eras hermosa, te dejé muchas notitas dulces y cumplidos, sin embargo tú nunca me diste uno.
    Te dije que te extrañaba, que te amo... Todo lo que has dicho fue "gracias", ¿Qué? ¿No te interesaba?
    Te dije buenas noches, hermosa... O buen día, hermosa, todos los días.

i tried to learn spanish just to talk to you, and only you.
    i tried to give you a surprise every day, especially when you were feeling bad.
    i tried so hard to make you happy when things didnt work out for you.
    i tried so hard to do things for your family and friends....just for you.

Traté de aprender español sólo para hablar contigo, y sólo contigo.
    Traté de darte una sorpresa cada día, especialmente cuando te sentías mal.
    Traté tanto de hacerte feliz cuando las cosas no andaban bien para ti.
    Traté tan duro de hacer esas cosas por tu familia y amigos... sólo por ti.

i stopped smoking cigarettes, because i know you didnt like them.

Dejé de fumar cigarrilos, porque a tí no te gustaban.

I've thought long and hard and I want you to know that like any other man I've made my mistakes ...
    I looked back at some things I shouldn't have said.
    I didn't mean all the hurtful things I've said, im very sorry for hurting you.
    But through this thinking I have come to see you are not meant for me
    You made it very clear that you dont care for me, you dont love me.
    And it hurts me to know that you don't want me, not even as a friend
    And sometimes I feel that life has no meaning
    i suppose wasted my time, friendship, and love...for nothing....
    But I'll keep on living, my broken heart and me.

He estado pensando mucho ypor mucho tiempo, y quiero que sepas que como cualquier otro hombre he cometido errores...
    He visto hacia atrás cosas que no debí decir(te).
    Realmente no sentí todas las cosas horribles que he dicho, lo siento mucho por herirte.
    Pero a través de estos pensamientos me he dado cuenta de que tú no eres para mí,
    Tú lo haces claro cada día, que a tí no te intereso, que tú no me amas.
    Y me duele saber que tú no me quieres, ni siquiera como amigo.
    Y a veces siento que la vida no tiene sentido
    Supongo que perdí mi tiempo, amistad y amor ... para nada....
    Pero seguiré viviendo, mi corazón roto y yo.

but look on the bright side, you wont ever have to deal with me again.

Pero mira el lado positivo, ni siquiera tendrás que tratarme nuevamente.

good bye... forever

Adios... para siempre.
    Last edited by MaresLejanos; 11-27-2009 at 03:31 PM.
    "La tolerancia de los ideales ajenos es virtud suprema en los que piensan." - José Ingenieros

LoOlya said:

Hey !
    How to say : Happy Eid in spanish, please ?!
    Syria ♥
    لّا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    Suriyeli damarımda Türk kanı akıyor.

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by LoOlya View Post
    Hey !
    How to say : Happy Eid in spanish, please ?!
    Happy Eid = Feliz Eid

and as Eid means festivity you can also say: Feliz Festividad / Celebración

LoOlya said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    Happy Eid = Feliz Eid

and as Eid means festivity you can also say: Feliz Festividad / Celebración
    Shokraan Zahra !
    Syria ♥
    لّا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    Suriyeli damarımda Türk kanı akıyor.

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by LoOlya View Post
    Shokraan Zahra !
    afwan ya habibty ...

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Post translation english 2 spanish !!

you deserve better then me and that's comming from my heart but i tell you i hope to last forever

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by x0babiigirlx0 View Post
    you deserve better then me and that's comming from my heart but i tell you i hope to last forever
    te mereces algo mejor que yo y eso viene desde mi corazón, pero te digo que espero que dure para siempre
  18. potatoes said:

another translation please.
    male to female

You are probably wondering why i dont talk at all, well you deserve to know why..

it made me feel bad, but most of the time i just shrugged it off
    and forgot about it. i gave many chances, thinking you would come around and
    relize what happened. this last one i couldnt shake off, because you would
    just walk off with out saying anything. you know how bad i felt, because i also didnt say a word when i walked away from you, when i asked gently for you to come to me... you got mad and said no.

I had forgotten how to smile, how to see bit further, beyond this misery.
    I had forgotten how to be happy, how to trust anyone
    no matter how many times you say you "te quiero" or "te Extrano",i always have a little doubt.
    My heart I admit still misses you, It is best for us both that I let go, abondaned hope.
    It was my fault if i have changed and If I will not have done what I did
    The only thing I can do Is to remember, And learn from the mistakes so I never do that
    to anyone ever again

Thank you for revealing my flaws, errors, or mistakes.
    Thank you for taking it all away,
    making me hide myself again, to trust no one.
    Thank you for telling me, and making me nothing to anyone ever again.

after everything i done for you i've only hope for one thing from you...
    even if it meant something to me, and nothing to you...i guess i wasnt worth it.. guess i didnt deserve it..

you dont have to read this.
    just toss in the trash
    thank you so much for your help, im also learning how to use certain words for different feelings
    Last edited by potatoes; 11-29-2009 at 09:28 PM.

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Post translation !

look i can't go on without you and i don't know how to control my self without you but all i know is that i don't know what to think or say anymore but i loved you

Zahra2008 said:

To potatoes:

You are probably wondering why i dont talk at all, well you deserve to know why..

Probablemente te preguntes ¿por qué no hablo (para nada) / (en lo absoluto), bueno, mereces saber por qué ..

it made me feel bad, but most of the time i just shrugged it off
    and forgot about it. i gave many chances, thinking you would come around and
    relize what happened. this last one i couldnt shake off, because you would
    just walk off with out saying anything. you know how bad i felt, because i also didnt say a word when i walked away from you, when i asked gently for you to come to me... you got mad and said no.

me hizo sentir mal, pero la mayor parte del tiempo sólo encogi los hombros
    y me olvide de eso. Te di muchas oportunidades, pensando que regresarias y
    te darias cuenta de lo que pasó. Esta última no la pude olvidar, porque
    simplemente te alejarias sin decir nada. Sabes lo mal que me sentía, porque yo también no dije ni una palabra cuando me alejé de ti, cuando preguntó con suavidad para que vengas a mí ... te enojas y dices que no.

I had forgotten how to smile, how to see bit further, beyond this misery.
    I had forgotten how to be happy, how to trust anyone
    no matter how many times you say you "te quiero" or "te Extrano",i always have a little doubt.
    My heart I admit still misses you, It is best for us both that I let go, abondaned hope.
    It was my fault if i have changed and If I will not have done what I did
    The only thing I can do Is to remember, And learn from the mistakes so I never do that to anyone ever again

Se me había olvidado cómo sonreír, a ver poco más allá, más allá de esta miseria.
    Se me había olvidado cómo ser feliz, ¿cómo confiar en nadie no importa cuántas veces digas "Te quiero" o "Te Extraño", siempre tengo una pequeña duda.
    Admito que mi corazón aún te extraña, es mejor para los dos que lo deje ir, la esperanza abandonada.
    Fue mi culpa si he cambiado y si no tendré que hacer lo que hice.
    Lo único que puedo hacer es recordar, y aprender de los errores para que así nunca hacerlo a nadie nunca más

Thank you for revealing my flaws, errors, or mistakes.
    Thank you for taking it all away,
    making me hide myself again, to trust no one.
    Thank you for telling me, and making me nothing to anyone ever again.

Gracias por revelar mis defectos, errores o equivocaciones.
    Gracias por tomar todo / llevarte todo,
    hacerme esconderme de nuevo, a confiar en nadie.
    Gracias por decírmelo, y hacerme nada a nadie nunca más

after everything i done for you i've only hope for one thing from you...
    even if it meant something to me, and nothing to you...i guess i wasnt worth it.. guess i didnt deserve it..

después de todo lo hecho por ti sólo he espero para una cosa de ti ...
    incluso si eso significa algo para mí, y nada para ti ... Supongo/Creo que yo no valía la pena .. Supongo que no lo merezco

you dont have to read this.
    just toss in the trash

No tienes que leer esto.
    solo tiralo en la basura