Quote Originally Posted by Tulin View Post
    How to say:

"I don't know if I love you or not, but I know that I will miss you"
    No sé si te amo o no, pero sé que te voy a extrañar

Tulin said:

Quote Originally Posted by Berna View Post
    No sé si te amo o no, pero sé que te voy a extrañar
    Gracias Berna
    Do you live in Spain or? Because I didn't know that you could talk Spanish, I actually thought that you lived in Turkey
    ღ لا تحزن إن الله معنا ღ

» «

"Bil ki, her kıştan sonra yine bahar gelecek, yine çiçekler açacak.."

Zahra2008 said:

@Anna: yes your sentences are correct

@Tulin: indeed, Bernita is from Turkey, but she is learning Spanish
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

Berna said:

Quote Originally Posted by Tulin View Post
    Gracias Berna
    Do you live in Spain or? Because I didn't know that you could talk Spanish, I actually thought that you lived in Turkey
    De nada Tülinciğim yes like Karla said i'm from Turkey and i've already learned Spanish

Tulin said:

Quote Originally Posted by Berna View Post
    De nada Tülinciğim yes like Karla said i'm from Turkey and i've already learned Spanish
    Wow, that was great, İnşallah I will learn it too, in High school
    ღ لا تحزن إن الله معنا ღ

» «

"Bil ki, her kıştan sonra yine bahar gelecek, yine çiçekler açacak.."
  7. Angelbuns said:

Hola!

La casa es enfrente de la escuela.
    La casa está enfrente de la escuela.

Which is correct? I would think it's 'es' since a building's location would be part of it's characteristics being that you can't move a building once it's built.
  8. Erito said:

La casa está enfrente de la escuela. it's the correct

in some cases you can use the first one but it's more common the second, in my country for example if you ask ¿dónde es? the answer will be es and if you ask ¿Dónde está? the aswer will be está

I have a theory that "es"is used by younger people/teenagers and Está is more for adults plus the teenagers uses Está when they speak with adults and uses "es" with the crew and this only apply when you speak about addresses

Note: This is in my country dunno if it's the same in all the countries

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Translation english to spanish

who is this crazy person talking in the backround ?
    Last edited by x0babiigirlx0; 06-15-2010 at 04:16 PM.
    x3.:EsCaRliN:.x3

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by x0babiigirlx0 View Post
    Translation english to spanish

who is this crazy person talking in the backround ?
    "¿Quién es ese loco que está hablando en el fondo?" or "¿Quién es ese loco que se oye?" (Who's the crazy person that can be heard (talking)?)
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

VivaPalestina said:

Hola! Im a bit confused with the verbs, everyone keeps mentioning something called to be estar and ser verbs What are they? And whats the difference?

Also, if we have a verb that ends with er (comer) do we substitute it with iendo to make it into an adjective (comiendo) And with verbs that end with ar we substitute with ando?

Gracias

citlalli said:

Hola I'm not an expert in grammar but I'll try & answer briefly (for more details ask Xiurell he's very good at this sort of thing )

Yes, both estar and ser translate as 'to be'. We use 'ser' when we talk about a (semi) permanent feature of the subject: Soy mujer, soy casada, soy mexicana, soy maestra, etc. (I'm a woman, I'm married, I'm Mexican, I'm a teacher).

And estar is used to designate temporary characteristics: Estoy cansada, mi hermano está enfermo, estamos de vacaciones, etc. (I'm tired, my brother's sick, we're on holidays).

However, note there are some exceptions -but never mind about them now

Also, for the progressive tenses we always use estar: estoy comiendo (I'm eating), mi hija está viendo televisión (my daughter's watching telly), ellos están jugando (they're playing), etc.

----------------------------

Regarding the verbs, yes, you've got it right:

*habl-ar (habl-ando), mir-ar (mir-ando), camin-ar (camin-ando), soñ-ar (soñ-ando), cocin-ar (cocin-ando) etc.
    *corr-er (corr-iendo), sab-er (sab-iendo), cos-er (cos-iendo), mol-er (mol-iendo), le-er (leyendo), etc.

“If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

.:BiLLiE:. said:

Question Please help!

Could someone please translate this letter for me? Thank you so very much!

You told me you're leaving in December. You know that I love you papi, and it hurts to think of being without you. You are important to me and I care about you, so most of all I want you to be happy. Sometimes I feel like you want me to tell you that when you leave I'll find someone else and try to be happy. I can't tell you that because it doesn't work that way. You have given me more happiness and wonderful memories than anyone ever has. We have been through good times and hard times together, we are a team. I can wait for you; it doesn't matter if it's 6 months or 2 years. I have a very deep commitment in my heart to you papi. I've gone 3 years without being intimate with anyone, so you don't ever have to worry about infiedelity. Do you want my blessing for you to go? Do you want me to tell you that it's ok if you leave and make a life with someone else? If that's what you need for happiness in your life, tell me. More than anything I want happiness for you and joy and love. I love you, we have been happy together. I still am.. Are you? Are you going to come back to me papi? I need you to.
    .:BiLLiEhDz:.

bedroomeyes said:

Quote Originally Posted by .:BiLLiE:. View Post
    Could someone please translate this letter for me? Thank you so very much!

You told me you're leaving in December. You know that I love you papi, and it hurts to think of being without you. You are important to me and I care about you, so most of all I want you to be happy. Sometimes I feel like you want me to tell you that when you leave I'll find someone else and try to be happy. I can't tell you that because it doesn't work that way. You have given me more happiness and wonderful memories than anyone ever has. We have been through good times and hard times together, we are a team. I can wait for you; it doesn't matter if it's 6 months or 2 years. I have a very deep commitment in my heart to you papi. I've gone 3 years without being intimate with anyone, so you don't ever have to worry about infiedelity. Do you want my blessing for you to go? Do you want me to tell you that it's ok if you leave and make a life with someone else? If that's what you need for happiness in your life, tell me. More than anything I want happiness for you and joy and love. I love you, we have been happy together. I still am.. Are you? Are you going to come back to me papi? I need you to.
    Me dijiste que te ibas en diciembre. Tú sabes que te quiero papi y duele pensar en estar sin ti. Me importas y te tengo cariño así que lo que más quiero es que estés feliz. A veces siento que quieres que te diga que cuando te vayas voy a buscarme a alguien más y tratar de ser feliz. Eso no te lo puedo decir porque no funciona así. Me has dado más felicidad y maravillosas memorias que cualquier otra persona. Hemos pasado por las buenas y las malas; hacemos buen equipo. Puedo esperarte; no importa si son 6 meses o 2 años. Siento un profundo compromiso en el corazón por ti papi. He durado 3 años sin intimidad con alguien, así que nunca tendrás que preocuparte por que te sea infiel. ¿Quieres que te diga que estoy de acuerdo con que te vayas? ¿Quieres que te diga que está bien si te vas y haces tu vida con alguien más? Si eso es lo que necesitas para estar feliz en la vida, dímelo. Sobre todas las cosas te deseo felicidad, alegría y amor. Te quiero; juntos hemos sido felices. Yo todavía lo soy. ¿Lo eres tú? ¿Vas a regresar a mí papi? Necesito que lo hagas.
    The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
    -Albert Einstein

.:BiLLiE:. said:

Thank you so much bedroomeyes! May I ask where you're from?
    .:BiLLiEhDz:.

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Translation!!

would you like to come to a hookie party with me it's not going to be in a club this party is going to be at my friends house she has a really big house she told me to invite alot of people she wants alot of guys to come so everyone has a dancing partner and it will be fun because everyone can meet new people
    x3.:EsCaRliN:.x3

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by x0babiigirlx0 View Post
    Translation!!

would you like to come to a hookie party with me it's not going to be in a club this party is going to be at my friends house she has a really big house she told me to invite alot of people she wants alot of guys to come so everyone has a dancing partner and it will be fun because everyone can meet new people
    ¿Te gustaría venir a una fiesta hookie conmigo? No va a ser en un club/ una disco, sino en casa de mi amiga. Tiene una casa muy grande y me pidio que invitara a mucha gente. Quiere que vengan muchos chicos para que todos tengan pareja de baile, y se va a poner bien porque todos podrán conocer gente nueva.

VivaPalestina said:

Hola! Can someone translate these verbs for me please?

To sit
    To eat
    To draw
    To play
    To sing
    To dress
    To type
    To listen
    To talk

Gracias

baby_girl_ said:

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    Hola! Can someone translate these verbs for me please?

To sit / Sentarse
    To eat / Comer
    To draw / Dibujar
    To play / Jugar
    To sing / Cantar
    To dress / Vestir
    To type / Escribir a máquina
    To listen / Escuchar
    To talk / Hablar

Gracias
    Here you are

bedroomeyes said:

Quote Originally Posted by .:BiLLiE:. View Post
    Thank you so much bedroomeyes! May I ask where you're from?
    You're very welcome! I guess I'm first generation American and my parents are Colombian.
    The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
    -Albert Einstein