Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Tags: None

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by .:BiLLiE:. View Post
    Would you please translate these phrases? Thanks!
    "How could you hurt me so much when all I ever did was love you?"
    ¿Cómo pudiste hacerme tanto daño cuando todo lo que hacía era amarte?

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring which you have not; but remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for."
    No eches a perder (or No arruines) lo que tienes por desear lo que no tienes, pero recuerda que lo que ahora tienes estaba entre las cosas que sólo esperabas

I hope you have fun.
    Espero que te diviertas
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!
  2. aromafresco said:

could you help me please? thank you for your help!

"DEFINIENDO EL AMOR

Es hielo abrasador, es fuego helado

es herida que duele y no se siente,

es un soñado bien, un mal presente,

es un breve descanso muy cansado.

Es un descuido que nos da cuidado,

un cobarde con nombre de valiente,

un andar solitario entre la gente,

un amor solamente ser amado.

Es una libertad encarcelada,

que dura hasta el prosterno paraíso,

enfermedad que crece al ser curada.

Este es el niño Amor, este es tu abismo:

mirad cual amistad tendrá con nada,

el que en todo es contrario de sí mismo."
  3. MaresLejanos said:

"DEFINIENDO EL AMOR
    Defining love

Es hielo abrasador, es fuego helado
    The scorching ice, is cold fire
    es herida que duele y no se siente,
    It's a wound that hurts, but it's not felt
    es un soñado bien, un mal presente,
    it's a dreamed good, a bad present,
    es un breve descanso muy cansado.
    it's a very tired short rest .

Es un descuido que nos da cuidado,
    It's a carelessness that provide us care,
    un cobarde con nombre de valiente,
    A coward with a name of a brave one,
    un andar solitario entre la gente,
    a lonely walking among the people,
    un amor solamente ser amado.
    only one love, be beloved (not sure about this one...)

Es una libertad encarcelada,
    It's a imprisoned/jailed freedom,
    que dura hasta el prosterno paraíso,
    That last until the prostrated paradise ,
    enfermedad que crece al ser curada.
    it's a disease that grows when it's healed.

Este es el niño Amor, este es tu abismo:
    This is the child "Love", this is your abism:
    mirad cual amistad tendrá con nada,
    Look which friendship he'll have got with nothing
    el que en todo es contrario de sí mismo."
    the one wich is contrary to itself in everything.

Anubisu said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    it can be both... i.e.

when you have time, we can chat = cuando tengas tiempo, podemos platicar/chatear

when you have time to chat? = ¿cuando tienes tiempo para platicar? //only when its a question
    I think it doesn't need to be in a question... You can say "when you have time you can do anything", meaning "cuando tienes tiempo puedes hacer cualquier cosa". And for the other case, i think you have to put de second verb in future, so that "when you have time you'll be able to do anything" translates to "cuando tengas tiempo podrás hacer cualquier cosa", because "cuando tengas" is aiming to the future and "cuando tienes" to the present.

I hope you understand my point =)
    ~Ichi to sen toki boku ga okite iru yume mita shizuka ni naiteta~
  5. aromafresco said:

Thank you so much!

and again i need help. what does it mean?

"creo que te retrata estupendamente

te quiero ver yo bailar, flamenca "

thanks again
    Last edited by aromafresco; 08-31-2009 at 09:18 AM.

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by aromafresco View Post
    Thank you so much!

and again i need help. what does it mean?

thanks again
    "creo que te retrata estupendamente
    I think beautifully portrays you
    te quiero ver yo bailar, flamenca "
    I want to see you dance, flamenca*

*Flamenco, spanish dance ... so I guess he calls you like that coz you know how to dance it...
  7. nenalindaa said:

Could someone please translate this for me?

"I'm so tired of fighting, this is hurting me so much. I love you, and I don't want to lose you - but I don't know what I can do anymore. I just can't take this."

Thanks[[:

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by nenalindaa View Post
    Could someone please translate this for me?

"I'm so tired of fighting, this is hurting me so much. I love you, and I don't want to lose you - but I don't know what I can do anymore. I just can't take this."

Thanks[[:
    Estoy tan cansado (cansada=female) de luchar, esto me daña/lastima tanto. Te quiero, y no quiero perderte - pero no sé que más puedo hacer. Ya no aguanto más

.:BiLLiE:. said:

Exclamation Please help!

Could someone translate this letter for me? Thank you so much for all your help!

"I really do understand why you don't want a relationship right now. You said to me "*no debes de quierer me" but I have to tell you that I can't change how I feel. If you leave now, I will be just as sad as when you leave in December. I don't want you to feel like I'm trying to force you to do something you don't want to do. I just love spending time with you, talking to you and being in your arms. You have been my friend for a long time and now you're my lover too. I won't ask you to stop doing things you like to do, like going to Marion on weekends. I have my family here so that's where I like to be when I'm not with you. I'm not searching for a boyfriend. I'll be honest, guys do ask me out on dates and ask for my number but I only have one person in my life that I'm intimate with and that's you. I'm not asking that you stop your life for me, all I want is to spend as much time with you as possible before you have to leave. Please tell me if that's what you want too. I just want to know if we want the same things from each other."

*Does "no debes de quierer me" mean "you shouldn't want/love me"?
    .:BiLLiEhDz:.

Zahra2008 said:

Could someone translate this letter for me? Thank you so much for all your help!

"I really do understand why you don't want a relationship right now. You said to me "*no debes de quierer me" but I have to tell you that I can't change how I feel. If you leave now, I will be just as sad as when you leave in December. I don't want you to feel like I'm trying to force you to do something you don't want to do. I just love spending time with you, talking to you and being in your arms. You have been my friend for a long time and now you're my lover too. I won't ask you to stop doing things you like to do, like going to Marion on weekends. I have my family here so that's where I like to be when I'm not with you. I'm not searching for a boyfriend. I'll be honest, guys do ask me out on dates and ask for my number but I only have one person in my life that I'm intimate with and that's you. I'm not asking that you stop your life for me, all I want is to spend as much time with you as possible before you have to leave. Please tell me if that's what you want too. I just want to know if we want the same things from each other."

Yo realmente no entiendo por qué no quieres una relación en este momento. Me dices: No debes de quererme, pero tengo que decirte que no puedo cambiar cómo me siento. Si te vas ahora, voy a estar tan triste como cuando te fuiste en Diciembre. No quiero que sientas como que estoy tratando de obligarte a hacer algo que no quieres. Me encanta pasar tiempo contigo, hablar contigo y estar en tus brazos. Has sido mi amigo durante mucho tiempo y ahora eres mi amor. No voy a pedirte que dejes de hacer cosas que te gusta hacer, como ir a Marion los fines de semana. Tengo a mi familia aquí, que es donde me gusta estar cuando no estoy contigo. Yo no estoy buscando un novio. Voy a ser honesta, los chicos me invitan a salir a citas y piden mi número telefónico, pero sólo tengo una persona en mi vida y ese eres tú. No te estoy pidiendo que detengas tu vida por mí, todo lo que quiero es pasar tanto tiempo contigo como sea posible antes de tengas que irte. Por favor, dime si eso es lo que también quieres. Sólo quiero saber si queremos las mismas cosas uno del otro

(I added and deleted some words in order to make it more understandable in Spanish.. but don't worry it's the same meaning)

*Does "no debes de quierer me" mean "you shouldn't want/love me"?
    no debes de quererme = you must not love/want me
    no deberías de quererme = you should not love/want me
  11. aromafresco said:

could you help me please?

" what a nice place
    i like this
    a very nice song.
    you're great
    Spain in my soul
    my soul is spanish"

kmmy said:

what a nice place = que bonito lugar
    i like this = me gusta esto
    a very nice song = una muy buena cancion
    you're great = eres magnifico/a
    Spain in my soul = Espana es en mi alma
    my soul is spanish" = mi alma es espanol

.:BiLLiE:. said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    (I added and deleted some words in order to make it more understandable in Spanish.. but don't worry it's the same meaning)

no debes de quererme = you must not love/want me
    no deberías de quererme = you should not love/want me

Zahra, thank you so very much; you are such a great help to me! And very talented with languages!
    .:BiLLiEhDz:.
  14. aromafresco said:

thank you friend!

and i need help again.

"Mi psicoanalista me advirtió que no saliera contigo, pero eres tan guapa que cambié de psicoanalista"

and

" you make me blush. your sister's good taste too. I hope you have had a good holiday. woow Cordoba is very nice. I love andalucia ( culture, music, food, people) I love Andalucia and everything about it.
    i'm sick today. I want to know you more and if you want i write something about me. good evening. "

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by kmmy View Post
    what a nice place = que bonito lugar
    i like this = me gusta esto
    a very nice song = una muy buena cancion
    you're great = eres magnifico/a
    Spain in my soul = España es en mi alma
    my soul is spanish" = mi alma es española
    well done kmmy, just a tiny thing ...

Zahra2008 said:

Zahra, thank you so very much; you are such a great help to me! And very talented with languages!
    ahh you made me blush .. .. you're welcome!

Zahra2008 said:

thank you friend!

and i need help again.

"Mi psicoanalista me advirtió que no saliera contigo, pero eres tan guapa que cambié de psicoanalista"
    My analyst warned me not go out with you, but you are so beautiful that I changed my psychoanalyst

" you make me blush. your sister's good taste too. I hope you have had a good holiday. woow Cordoba is very nice. I love andalucia ( culture, music, food, people) I love Andalucia and everything about it.
    i'm sick today. I want to know you more and if you want i write something about me. good evening. "
    Me hiciste sonrojar. Tu hermana también tiene buen gusto. Espero que hayas tenido unas buenas vacaciones. Woow Córdoba es muy bonito. Me encanta Andalucía (cultura, música, comida, la gente) me encanta Andalucía y todo sobre ella.
    Estoy enfermo (a=female) hoy. Quiero saber/conocer más de ti y si quieres puedo escribir algo sobre mí. Buenas tardes.
  18. aromafresco said:

muchas gracias Zahra

Zahra2008 said:

muchas gracias Zahra
    de nada ...

kmmy said:

ayy gracias por la coreccion :*

lo de n thing... lo q pasa es q no tengo el teclado selectado para q pueda escribir en espanol.. ya se q es solo un codigo por n pero se m olvida pero no es understandable?