Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Tags: None

razvy2 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    well, if you want some Romanian ~ Spanish speakers? you can pm Kmmy, she is from your country and she speak good Spanish...
    thanks Zahra, you are so helpful...
    I know Kmmy, I'll speak with her, this is perfect for me, I'll remove English from this circuit Romanian->English->Spanish and this it will be better for me... muchas gracias y besos

razvy2 said:

another question: does anyone know how do the Puertoriquenos speak Spanish? any major differences to take into consideration?

Last edited by razvy2; 09-21-2009 at 05:15 AM.

razvy2 said:

hey, can someone translate this for me please?

Nunca dejes que un hombre preocupe tu mente, encuéntralo, engáñalo y olvídalo…

Persiana said:

Quote Originally Posted by razvy2 View Post

Never let a man get in your mind, just meet him, cheat on him and forget him ;P

razvy2 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Persiana View Post
    Never let a man get in your mind, just meet him, cheat on him and forget him ;P
    so is not a nice thought...

Zahra2008 said:

another question: does anyone know how do the Puertoriquenos speak Spanish? any major differences to take into consideration?
    well, puertoriqueños and mexicans can understand each other very well, but when each one starts to use slangs .. that can be a problem .. lol lol differents meanings on same words ...

anyone here can help you to translate anything but if you want some help with the slang you may have to contact Bebestyle, he is from the island!!
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

Zahra2008 said:

Never let a man worry/get in your mind, find him, cheat on him and forget him
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

gitana said:

de todas formas eso no me quita la angustia por saber que hice mal

help with this phrase??
    what does this phrase mean?
    Thanks!!!

for context, the line is said at 6:51 of this video
    thanks!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1sndjimj44

I understand Spanish, but I am NOT understanding this phrase for some reason!

Thanks again in advance
  9. dmoney101 said:

well, puertoriqueños and mexicans can understand each other very well, but when each one starts to use slangs .. that can be a problem .. lol lol differents meanings on same words ...

anyone here can help you to translate anything but if you want some help with the slang you may have to contact Bebestyle, he is from the island!!
    puerto ricans can understand most accents, but when the puerto rican accent is really strong, it's hard for everybody else to understand them unless they're used to it. basic spanish is the same, but a lot of words have different meanings
  10. MaresLejanos said:

Quote Originally Posted by gitana View Post
    de todas formas eso no me quita la angustia por saber que hice mal

help with this phrase??
    what does this phrase mean?
    Thanks!!!

for context, the line is said at 6:51 of this video
    thanks!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1sndjimj44

I understand Spanish, but I am NOT understanding this phrase for some reason!

Thanks again in advance
    I'm trying to hear it, give just few minutes =D
  11. MaresLejanos said:

"de todas formas eso no me quita la angustia por saber qué hice malm dónde me equivoqué."

La idea (it's not a literal translation):

Anyway, it doesn't relief the pain for knowing what did I do wrong, where did I made a mistake..

gitana said:

thanks so much, so he's not relieved because he doesn't know what he did wrong??
  13. MaresLejanos said:

You're welcome!

Exactly, he has not idea what did he do wrong

razvy2 said:

muchas gracias Zahra, you are awesome!!

razvy2 said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    puerto ricans can understand most accents, but when the puerto rican accent is really strong, it's hard for everybody else to understand them unless they're used to it. basic spanish is the same, but a lot of words have different meanings
    thanks, you're really helpful...
    basic spanish is the same... you mean the thing about the accent?
  16. aromafresco said:

Hello friends. Good morning. Could you help me please? It's long i know but i need your help.

"Hola cariño, how are you? hope you are better now. Get well soon and please be careful!
    I really want to see you on the msn, really do. Hope to see you soon. I'm feeling something for you and I know we are far from each other and it's so hard. But we like each other, you´re different, you have a distinctive aura and we have the same feelings, same tastes and we like poetry.

you make me excited and I really like reading your messages. I am curiuos about you and I want to know you better. And I don't know what we'll do but everything will happen with time. I know what I want now. I want to know you better. We like each other and it's not your platonic love because I feel the same thing. Earthquakes occur in me whenever I think about you. hope I learn spanish better because I want to talk to you spanish. And as you know I love your language

I'm thinking of you and i like this

if everything goes very well between us, I'll kiss you in real many times, if you want...
    "
    Last edited by aromafresco; 09-22-2009 at 04:43 AM.

Persiana said:

Quote Originally Posted by aromafresco View Post
    Hello friends. Good morning. Could you help me please? It's long i know but i need your help.

"Hola cariño, how are you? hope you are better now. Get well soon and please be careful!
    I really want to see you on the msn, really do. Hope to see you soon. I'm feeling something for you and I know we are far from each other and it's so hard. But we like each other, you´re different, you have a distinctive aura and we have the same feelings, same tastes and we like poetry.

you make me excited and I really like reading your messages. I am curiuos about you and I want to know you better. And I don't know what we'll do but everything will happen with time. I know what I want now. I want to know you better. We like each other and it's not your platonic love because I feel the same thing. Earthquakes occur in me whenever I think about you. hope I learn spanish better because I want to talk to you spanish. And as you know I love your language

I'm thinking of you and i like this

if everything goes very well between us, I'll kiss you in real many times, if you want...
    "

Hola, cariño ! Cómo estás ? Espero que estes mejor. Qué te sientas mejor pronto y por favor ten cuidado !
    De verdad quiero verte en el msn. Espero verte pronto. Siento algo por ti y sé que estamos lejos y es difícil. Pero nos queremos, tu eres diferente, tienes una aura distintiva y tenemos los mismos sentimientos, mismos gustos y nos gusta la poesía.
    Me haces emocionada, y de verdad a mi me gusta mucho leer tus mensajes. Estoy curiosa por tí y queiro conocerte mas. No se que vamos a hacer pero todo va a llegar a tiempo. Sé lo que quiero ahora. Quiero conocerte mas. Nos gustamos y no es tu amor platonico, por que siento lo mismo. Me occuren los terremotos cada vez que pienso en ti. Espero aprender el español mejor, por que quiero hablar contigo en español. Y sabes que amo tu idioma.
    Pienso en tí y lo me gusta.
    Sí todo va bien, voy a besarte en realidad muchas veces, sí quieres...
  18. dmoney101 said:

thanks, you're really helpful...
    basic spanish is the same... you mean the thing about the accent?
    yea the accents are so different it can cause problems. i know i had a hard time understanding mexicans (and still do sometimes) when i first started learning spanish because the way i learned it was from dominicans. i had to learn to change my accent when i talk to people who arent from the islands so people can understand me
  19. ginayc said:

I'm trying to improve my Spanish so could you guys tell me if what I've translated is correct? Thank you =D

Like the wind avoids the rain, I am watching you from my shelter
    Even though my love for you overflows
    Can I love you? Can I hold you?
    Im about to drown in my worries. I cant forgive myself for hesitating.
    I want to know why, I want to know why

Como el viento que evita la lluvia,
    Estoy mirandote de mi refugio,
    Aun si mi amor se desaborda,
    Puedo amarte? Puedo embrazarte?
    Estoy a punto de ahogar en mis preocupaciones,
    No puedo perdonarme para vacilar,
    Quiero saber porque, quiero saber porque

When we met my girl, I knew it would be like this
    Do you feel me? The only one Ive been looking for
    I cant breathe my word. My words turn into tears
    Do you feel me? The sound of the rain that wets my heart
    I always want to keep you smiling. Im sorry that I made you sad
    But please keep waiting
    Dont give up your love, stay by my side
    I need your love, I need your love

Cuando nos econtramos nina,
    Supe que seria como este,
    Me sientas? Lo solo que he buscado
    No puedo respirar mis palabras; mis palabras transforma en lagrimas,
    Me sientas? El sonido de la lluvia que moja mi corazon,
    Quiero hacerte reir para siempre; lo siento que te hago triste,
    Pero espera para mi, por favor,
    Necesito tu amor, necesito tu amor

If I reach out my hand, my girl, I believe that youll be able to understand
    Do you feel me? Even if there are wounds left
    The place you are is my world. If you open the doors again
    Do you feel me? I want to feel your sound

Si yo doy a el mano nina, creo que podras entenderme,
    Me sientas? Aun si hay las heridas,
    El lugar donde tu estas es mi mundo;
    Si tu abras las puertas de nuevo,
    Me sientas? Quiero sentir tu sonido

GRACIAS (: it's some lyrics i love from a song!

razvy2 said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    yea the accents are so different it can cause problems. i know i had a hard time understanding mexicans (and still do sometimes) when i first started learning spanish because the way i learned it was from dominicans. i had to learn to change my accent when i talk to people who arent from the islands so people can understand me
    so you're saying that, generally speaking, there are three categories of accents, Espana, America Latina and Islands? :-?