1. aromafresco said:

mucho gracias Persiana

Persiana said:

Quote Originally Posted by aromafresco View Post
    mucho gracias Persiana
    De nada

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by ginayc View Post
    I'm trying to improve my Spanish so could you guys tell me if what I've translated is correct? Thank you =D

Like the wind avoids the rain, I am watching you from my shelter
    Even though my love for you overflows
    Can I love you? Can I hold you?
    Im about to drown in my worries. I cant forgive myself for hesitating.
    I want to know why, I want to know why

Como el viento que evita la lluvia,
    Estoy mirandote desde mi refugio,
    Aun si mi amor se desborda,
    Puedo amarte? Puedo abrazarte?
    Estoy a punto de ahogarme en mis preocupaciones,
    No puedo perdonarme por dudar/vacilar,
    Quiero saber por que, quiero saber por que

When we met my girl, I knew it would be like this
    Do you feel me? The only one Ive been looking for
    I cant breathe my word. My words turn into tears
    Do you feel me? The sound of the rain that wets my heart
    I always want to keep you smiling. Im sorry that I made you sad
    But please keep waiting
    Dont give up your love, stay by my side
    I need your love, I need your love

Cuando nos econtramos niña,
    Supe que seria así,
    Me sientes? el único que he estado buscando
    No puedo respirar mis palabras; mis palabras se transforman en lagrimas,
    Me sientes? El sonido de la lluvia que moja mi corazón,
    Quiero hacerte reir para siempre; lo siento que te hice sentir triste,
    Pero por favor, sigue esperando,
    No renuncies a tu amor, quédate a mi lado,
    Necesito tu amor, necesito tu amor

If I reach out my hand, my girl, I believe that youll be able to understand
    Do you feel me? Even if there are wounds left
    The place you are is my world. If you open the doors again
    Do you feel me? I want to feel your sound

Si te doy mi mano, mi niña, creo que podras entender,
    Me sientes? Aun si hay heridas,
    El lugar donde tu estas es mi mundo;
    Si tu abres las puertas de nuevo,
    Me sientes? Quiero sentir tu sonido

GRACIAS (: it's some lyrics i love from a song!
    you shouldn't post lyrics here... but since you are newbie here, I will let you pass only this time ....
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!
  4. ginayc said:

thank you & sorry!
    I should have read them more clearly!
    If I posted these lyrics in the lyrics section,
    Would people edit them? Since as you can see, I'm still learning Spanish =D

and thank you for taking the time to correct them!
    gracias!

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by ginayc View Post
    thank you & sorry!
    I should have read them more clearly!
    If I posted these lyrics in the lyrics section,
    Would people edit them? Since as you can see, I'm still learning Spanish =D

and thank you for taking the time to correct them!
    gracias!
    its ok.. dont worry .. but remember it for the next time!!
  6. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by razvy2 View Post
    so you're saying that, generally speaking, there are three categories of accents, Espana, America Latina and Islands? :-?
    every country has a different accent, but it you wanna generalize it you could say that, but to me, there's a huge difference between DR, PR, and Cuba. Mexico and Central American countries are pretty close as well as most South American countries, but Argentina has a very different accent. There's a few S. Americans countries that speak Castellano, but i don't know them off the top of my head

xiurell said:

Quote Originally Posted by razvy2 View Post
    so you're saying that, generally speaking, there are three categories of accents, Espana, America Latina and Islands? :-?
    Each country retains its own accents and has some unique vocabulary. The Spanish spoken in Latin America was the Spanish spoken in Spain in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, and was brought to America by the early colonists.

The Spanish of northern Spain developed characteristics that never reached the New World. These include the pronunciation of "ci" and "ce" as "th." "gracias" (thank you) becomes "gratheas" (as opposed to "gras-see-as" in Latin America.)

Another difference is the use of the word "vosotros" (you all, or you guys) as the informal form of "ustedes" in Spain.

The third major type of Spanish is spoken in the Caribbean, coastal areas of Latin America, and in some cases in southern Spain too. In the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, the accent in Andalucía, in Southern Spain, began to change. Speakers began to drop the final "s" on words.

The settlers and traders of southern Spain took this dialect with them to the Caribbean and other coastal areas.

A fourth type of Spanish has developed in and around Buenos Aires and in parts of Uruguay. with a vocabulary and pronunciation heavily influenced by Italians who settled the area. Its greater characteristic is in the Spanish world "tú" is the singular way of saying "you." In Argentina, however, "vos" is used instead. It is accompanied by a modified Spanish verb form. An of course, the pronunciation of the letter "ll".

If you want to learn more, try this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_language
  8. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by xiurell View Post
    Each country retains its own accents and has some unique vocabulary. The Spanish spoken in Latin America was the Spanish spoken in Spain in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, and was brought to America by the early colonists.

The Spanish of northern Spain developed characteristics that never reached the New World. These include the pronunciation of "ci" and "ce" as "th." "gracias" (thank you) becomes "gratheas" (as opposed to "gras-see-as" in Latin America.)

Another difference is the use of the word "vosotros" (you all, or you guys) as the informal form of "ustedes" in Spain.

The third major type of Spanish is spoken in the Caribbean, coastal areas of Latin America, and in some cases in southern Spain too. In the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, the accent in Andalucía, in Southern Spain, began to change. Speakers began to drop the final "s" on words.

The settlers and traders of southern Spain took this dialect with them to the Caribbean and other coastal areas.

A fourth type of Spanish has developed in and around Buenos Aires and in parts of Uruguay. with a vocabulary and pronunciation heavily influenced by Italians who settled the area. Its greater characteristic is in the Spanish world "tú" is the singular way of saying "you." In Argentina, however, "vos" is used instead. It is accompanied by a modified Spanish verb form. An of course, the pronunciation of the letter "ll".

If you want to learn more, try this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_language
    that's cool. i always wondered how dominicans got their accent. it's obvious that you can hear jamaican/african roots in it when they talk because they sound like black people in america.
    the thing about the italian influence in argentina is cool too. i really like how they talk. sometimes i do the j sound with ll and y too (i say yo like jo sometimes)
  9. aromafresco said:

could you please help me?

"SI MIS MANOS PUDIERAN DESHOJAR

Yo pronuncio tu nombre en las noches oscuras, cuando vienen los astros a beber la luna y duermen los ramajes de las frondas ocultas. Y yo me siento hueco de pasión y de música. Loco reloj que canta muertas horas antiguas. Yo pronuncio tu nombre en esta noche oscura, y tu nombre me suena más lejano que nunca. Más lejano que todas las estrellas y más doliente que la mansa lluvia. ¿Te querré como entonces alguna vez? ¿Qué culpa tiene mi corazón? Si la niebla se esfuma, ¿qué otra pasión me espera? ¿Será tranquila y pura? ¡¡Si mis dedos pudieran deshojar la luna!! "

"Quiero que sepas que yo nunca te haré daño, porque me importas. No sé si entiendes estas palabras o si las leerás algún día y no borras mis mensajes. Da igual, yo seguiré aquí tras de tí hasta que un día ya no pueda más. Entonces estaré triste porque por un error informático pensaste que me reía de tí.

por qué me das todo y ahora me lo quitas?

me dejas triste y yo me quedo mal "

Zahra2008 said:

"SI MIS MANOS PUDIERAN DESHOJAR
    if my hands would pluck/defoliate

Yo pronuncio tu nombre en las noches oscuras, cuando vienen los astros a beber la luna y duermen los ramajes de las frondas ocultas. Y yo me siento hueco de pasión y de música. Loco reloj que canta muertas horas antiguas. Yo pronuncio tu nombre en esta noche oscura, y tu nombre me suena más lejano que nunca. Más lejano que todas las estrellas y más doliente que la mansa lluvia. ¿Te querré como entonces alguna vez? ¿Qué culpa tiene mi corazón? Si la niebla se esfuma, ¿qué otra pasión me espera? ¿Será tranquila y pura? ¡¡Si mis dedos pudieran deshojar la luna!! "

I pronounce your name in the dark nights, when the stars come to drink the moon and the branches sleeps of the hidden fronds. And I am hollow of passion and music. Crazy clock that sings old dead hours. I pronounce your name in this dark night, and your name sounds more distant than ever. Farther than all the stars and more painful than the gentle rain. I shall love you as ever then? What fault does my heart? If the fog disappears, what other passion waits for me? It will be quiet and pure? If my fingers would pluck the moon!

"Quiero que sepas que yo nunca te haré daño, porque me importas. No sé si entiendes estas palabras o si las leerás algún día y no borras mis mensajes. Da igual, yo seguiré aquí tras de tí hasta que un día ya no pueda más. Entonces estaré triste porque por un error informático pensaste que me reía de tí.

I want you to know that I never gonna hurt you, because I care about you. I do not know if you understand these words or if you will read some day and do not delete my messages. Anyway, I'll be here behind you until one day I can not anymore . Then I will be sad because a computer error you thought that I was laughing at you

por qué me das todo y ahora me lo quitas?
    why you give me everything and now you take it away?

me dejas triste y yo me quedo mal
    you leave me sad and I'm (stay) bad
  11. aromafresco said:

thank you Zahra!

razvy2 said:

Quote Originally Posted by xiurell View Post

great feedback, thanks xiurell

Anubisu said:

And we say "che", which doesn't mean a thing but it's great for calling somebody's attention or giving enphasis (informal only).

Che, ¿qué vas a hacer hoy?

Qué lindo día, che.
    ~Ichi to sen toki boku ga okite iru yume mita shizuka ni naiteta~

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by aromafresco View Post
    thank you Zahra!
    you're welcome!

algebra said:

Olá Amigos, please I am feeling confused about these coloured lines in Spanish from a song of Tamara "Sonar contigo", can someone pass it to English and explain these verbs, please

Dejame que te espere aunque no vuelvas
    Dejame que te deje tenerme pena

Si algún día diera con la manera de hacerte mio
    Siempre yo te amaría como si fuera siempre ese día

Tenerme pena = Tener pena de mí???
    diera con = encontrase ??

Gracias
    O coração da gente chega lateja
    A gente só deseja passar bem
    Com você meu bem
    No xenhenhém
    No xenhenhém
    No xenhenhém

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by algebra View Post
    Olá Amigos, please I am feeling confused about these coloured lines in Spanish from a song of Tamara "Sonar contigo", can someone pass it to English and explain these verbs, please

Tenerme pena = Tener pena de mí =yes you are right!!
    diera con = encontrase =yes you are right again!!

Gracias
    Let me wait for you even you don't come back

Let me (allow you / to let you) to have (to feel) sorry for me

If some day I found the way to how to make you mine

I always love you as if were always that day

algebra said:

Muchas gracias, Zahra querida \o/
    O coração da gente chega lateja
    A gente só deseja passar bem
    Com você meu bem
    No xenhenhém
    No xenhenhém
    No xenhenhém

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by algebra View Post
    Muchas gracias, Zahra querida \o/
    de nada ...

.:BiLLiE:. said:

Smile

Could someone please translate these phrases for me? Thank you so much!

I love the way I can be having the worst day of my life and simply talking to
    you completely changes my mood!
    Just when I thought nothing good was going to happen, you came into my
    life.
    It hurts to wake up in the morning and not find you by my side...
    This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days. Smiles when sadness
    intrudes. Rainbows to follow the clouds. Laughter to kiss your lips. Hugs
    when spirits sag. Sunsets to warm your heart. Friendships to brighten
    your being. Beauty for your eyes to see. Faith so that you can believe.
    Confidence for when you doubt. Patience to accept the truth. Courage to
    know yourself. Love to complete your life.
    Sometimes you just need to be with the person that makes you smile.
    I want you to know that I find you EXTREMELY attractive. So next time
    you're feeling down- remember I think you're hot!
    I would really like to cuddle with you tonight.
    .:BiLLiEhDz:.

Zahra2008 said:

I love the way I can be having the worst day of my life and simply talking to
    you completely changes my mood!
    Me encanta la manera en que puedo estar teniendo el peor día de mi vida y simplemente hablando contigo cambia completamente mi estado de ánimo!
    Just when I thought nothing good was going to happen, you came into my
    life.
    Justo cuando pensaba que nada bueno iba a suceder, llegaste a mi
    vida

It hurts to wake up in the morning and not find you by my side...
    Me duele despertar en la mañana y no encontrarte a mi lado ...
    This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days. Smiles when sadness
    intrudes. Rainbows to follow the clouds. Laughter to kiss your lips. Hugs
    when spirits sag. Sunsets to warm your heart. Friendships to brighten
    your being. Beauty for your eyes to see. Faith so that you can believe.
    Confidence for when you doubt. Patience to accept the truth. Courage to
    know yourself. Love to complete your life.
    Este es mi deseo para ti: Confort/Alivio/Consuelo en los días difíciles. Sonrisas cuando la tristeza se entromete. Arcoiris para seguir las nubes. Risas para besar tus labios. Abrazos cuando el espíritu se unde. Puestas de sol para calentar el corazón. Amistades para iluminar tu ser. Belleza para que tus ojos vean. Fe para que puedas creer. Confianza para cuando dudes. Paciencia para aceptar la verdad. Valor para conocerte a ti mismo. Amor para completar tu vida
    Sometimes you just need to be with the person that makes you smile.
    A veces sólo tienes que estar con la persona que te hace sonreír
    I want you to know that I find you EXTREMELY attractive. So next time
    you're feeling down- remember I think you're hot!
    Quiero que sepas que te encuentro sumamente atractivo. Así que la próxima que te sientas deprimido recuerda que creo que eres guapisimo!
    I would really like to cuddle with you tonight
    Realmente me gustaría abrazarme / acurrucarme* contigo esta noche

*in particular I like this word in Spanish to express to cuddle