1. aromafresco said:

"yes, they are. glad you like it and thanks for your words"

please help me. thanks

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by aromafresco View Post
    "yes, they are. glad you like it and thanks for your words"

please help me. thanks
    Sí, lo son. Me alegra que te guste y gracias por tus palabras
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!
  3. aromafresco said:

mucho gracias Zahra

xiurell said:

Quote Originally Posted by lilmami View Post
    Hola,

ok, maybe this is a dumb question, but can anyone tell what the difference is between the pretérito and Imperfect?
    When do I use what? Thanks for any help.
    Spanish has two past tenses: preterite (pretérito perfecto) and imperfect (pretérito imperfecto).

the preterite is used for actions in the past that are seen as completed. Use of the preterite tense implies that the past action had a definite beginning and definite end (ej. El presidente habló a la nación)

the imperfect is used for actions in the past that are not seen as completed at least we don't know if this action is still happening and it emphasize the length of the action like a continous past (ej. "el presidente hablaba a la multitud" or you can say too "el presidente estaba hablando a la multitud")

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Translation !!

Esque un dia estube biniendo x la 97 y 37 I unos mexicanos de poka madre me dieron una palisa.....xeso tragi mis webos centra ellos
    x3.:EsCaRliN:.x3
  6. lilmami said:

Quote Originally Posted by xiurell View Post
    Spanish has two past tenses: preterite (pretérito perfecto) and imperfect (pretérito imperfecto).

the preterite is used for actions in the past that are seen as completed. Use of the preterite tense implies that the past action had a definite beginning and definite end (ej. El presidente habló a la nación)

the imperfect is used for actions in the past that are not seen as completed at least we don't know if this action is still happening and it emphasize the length of the action like a continous past (ej. "el presidente hablaba a la multitud" or you can say too "el presidente estaba hablando a la multitud")

Muchas gracias. Still a bit confusing, but I understand it better now.
  7. lilmami said:

Default correct sentence

which one of these sentences is correct when I want to ask "how was your day today?"

Como estaba, estuvo, estuviste or estabas tu dia hoy???

thanks for any help

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by lilmami View Post
    which one of these sentences is correct when I want to ask "how was your day today?"

Como estaba, estuvo, estuviste or estabas tu dia hoy???

thanks for any help
    ¿Cómo estuvo tu día (hoy)?
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.
  9. lilmami said:

[QUOTE=citlalli;718515]¿Cómo estuvo tu día (hoy)?[/QUOTm

gracias

citlalli said:

De nada (keine Ursache )
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

AnnaFoster said:

Default A great time

What's the best way to say "we'll have a great time!"

¡Nos la pasaremos muy bien!

Bien never feels like it's good enough to mean "great"...

AnnaFoster said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    Sí, lo son. Me alegra que te guste y gracias por tus palabras
    Ok... question. Why is it "te guste" and not "te gusta" ?

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaFoster View Post
    What's the best way to say "we'll have a great time!"

¡Nos la pasaremos muy bien!

Bien never feels like it's good enough to mean "great"...
    well, you can also say:

Nos la pasaremos super bien
    Nos la pasaremos genial

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaFoster View Post
    Ok... question. Why is it "te guste" and not "te gusta" ?
    mmm I translated as guste, coz I dont know what you are talking about...

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Translations!!

my handsome nephew i hope your doing everything that your told to do and that your being a good boy in school because you need to do your work so that you will get a job in the future

so what's new in your life have you gotten yourself a girlfriend yet or what tell me how's everything going? do you live close to your uncle because i am supposed to be seeing him tonight or sometime this week we should all go out perhaps i can hook you up with someone

Zahra2008 said:

my handsome nephew i hope your doing everything that your told to do and that your being a good boy in school because you need to do your work so that you will get a job in the future

mi sobrino hermoso espero que estes haciendo todo lo que dijiste que harias y que tu seas un buen chico en la escuela porque tienes que hacer tu trabajo para que asi puedas conseguir un trabajo en el futuro

so what's new in your life have you gotten yourself a girlfriend yet or what tell me how's everything going? do you live close to your uncle because i am supposed to be seeing him tonight or sometime this week we should all go out perhaps i can hook you up with someone

¿y qué hay de nuevo en tu vida, ya tienes una novia o que me dices cómo va todo? ¿Vives cerca de su tío porque se supone que debo verlo esta noche o en algún momento esta semana todos debemos salir quizás yo pueda salir con alguien

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Translation!!

can you do me a favor and call the other girls tell them to meet us at almaya's house because we are going to pick up the food so we can cook it and the guys are bringing the other things because they are making the desserts so don't worry everything is covered

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by x0babiigirlx0 View Post
    Translation!!

can you do me a favor and call the other girls tell them to meet us at almaya's house because we are going to pick up the food so we can cook it and the guys are bringing the other things because they are making the desserts so don't worry everything is covered
    ¿Me puedes hacer un favor y llamar a las otras chicas? diles que nos vemos en la casa de almaya porque vamos a recoger la comida, así que podemos cocinar y los chicos traeran las otras cosas porque están haciendo los postres así que no te preocupes, todo está cubierto

x0babiigirlx0 said:

shut up because your making me mad don't say things before you know because you always say things before i can tell you the truth that's what i hated about you it's like you never listen listen me and my boyfriend are having problems and we had a little fight but we are trying to work it out and he's going through a dificult time with his family he's in ecuador having problems in his family so i can't even see him alot anymore i don't know what will happen

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by x0babiigirlx0 View Post
    shut up because your making me mad don't say things before you know because you always say things before i can tell you the truth that's what i hated about you it's like you never listen listen me and my boyfriend are having problems and we had a little fight but we are trying to work it out and he's going through a dificult time with his family he's in ecuador having problems in his family so i can't even see him alot anymore i don't know what will happen
    Callate porque me estás haciendo enojar, no digas las cosas sin antes saber, siempres dices las cosas antes de que pueda decirte la verdad, y eso es lo que odiaba de ti. Es como si nunca me escucharas, mi novio y yo estamos teniendo problemas y tuvimos una pequeña riña, pero estamos tratando de solucionarlo; además él está pasando por una etapa dificil con su familia, ahorita está en Ecuador y tiene problemas cons su familia, por eso ni siquiera puedo verlo mucho ultimamente y no sé que sucederá.