Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Tags: None

ilovevictorxx said:

spanish to english

ok pero de verdad me hablas pues y no te vayas a poner como seria te quiero ver alegre

si yo quisiera volver a versarte tu te dejas

claro pero de verdad cuando te vea te voy a besar y te bas a dejar

hay que ver que pasa
    por que ni yo no se por que solo se que te quiero besar
    --->IsLam

dragonfly93 said:

ok but really then talk to me and dont act serious i want to see you happy

yes id like to go back to (versar?) you leave/remain (sorry i didn't get this)

sure but really when i see u i will kiss u and leave u

must see what happens
    bc neither do i know bc i only know i want to kiss you
    Minä olen horjunut, epäilen enemmän kuin ennen
    Mutta halusit ihmisen, sen viat, sen heikkouden

ilovevictorxx said:

english to spanish please

i'd feel this pain forever if it means you're happy

i'll always want to be with you ,i'll love you forever, until time's through

sit back and be prepared to watch your dreams die

I wouldn't trade anything for the time i spent with you, got to call you mine
    --->IsLam

.:BiLLiE:. said:

Unhappy Please Help Me With This..

I would appreciate so much a translation of this letter into Spanish. Thank you so much in advance.

You know that I love you. I believe that God has put us together for a reason, and we should not question that. You say sometimes you think it might be wrong because of things that happened in the past, but trust me, God makes no mistakes. He would not allow us to love each other this way if it were wrong. God knows that my heart is capable of so much love, and He wants you to have that love. He loves you unconditionally and He wants you to have someone on this Earth that can show you everyday how special you are. He wants me to know that I'm special too, and He knows that you make me feel that, everyday. That is one of the MANY reasons that He put us together, and it is definitely NOT a mistake. Maybe you don't love me like you say, but don't want to tell me. Maybe you have some affection for me but not real love. If that's the case, you should tell me. Don't say it's because of the past. Just tell me how you feel. Talk to me about these things. Let me know what's going on in your mind and your heart.I will talk to you too, if you want.
    .:BiLLiEhDz:.

Zahra2008 said:

Hey BiLLiE........ long time.....

Tú sabes que te amo. Creo que Dios nos juntó por una razón, y no debemos cuestionar eso. Dices que a veces piensas que podrías estar equivocado, por de las cosas que sucedieron en el pasado, pero confía en mí, Dios no comete errores. Él no nos hubiera permitido amarnos de esta manera si estuviera mal. Dios sabe que mi corazón es capaz de tanto amor, y Él quiere que tengas ese amor. Él te ama incondicionalmente y Él quiere que tengas a alguien en esta Tierra que pueda mostrarte todos los días lo especial que eres. Él quiere que yo sepa que soy especial también, y Él sabe que me haces sentir eso, todos los días. Esa es una de las muchas razones por las que Él nos juntó, y NO es definitivamente un error. Tal vez no me amas como dices, pero no quieres decirme. Tal vez tengas un poco de cariño por mí, pero no verdadero amor. Si ese es el caso, deberías decirme. No digas que es por el pasado. Sólo dime cómo te sientes. Habla conmigo de estas cosas. Déjame saber lo que pasa por tu mente y tu corazón. Hablaré también contigo, si quieres
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

Thanks for the translation Zahra! It has been a long time.. How are you?

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by .:BiLLiE:. View Post
    Thanks for the translation Zahra! It has been a long time.. How are you?
    welcome sweetie, doing fine thanxs ... and hope everything with you is doing well!!

I'm well and I'm still with the same man for over a year.. Sometimes when I get emotional about something I prefer to say it in his native language and go from there, ya know? You have always been so helpful to me and I appreciate you so much!
  9. rizzymunchy said:

hi can I have a translation for this plz

Some men make me laugh , Today some man said to me , he wanted me to be his girlfriend , I replied " Sorry your not my type of man" he then asked me why , I replied " for you to be my boyfriend I would have to be attracted to you and I am not attracted to you " He then quickly signed off !!!! ........

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by .:BiLLiE:. View Post
    I'm well and I'm still with the same man for over a year.. Sometimes when I get emotional about something I prefer to say it in his native language and go from there, ya know? You have always been so helpful to me and I appreciate you so much!
    lucky you sweetie... I've been suffering with a guy is driving me crazy for months, but nothing that I cant overcome ..

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by rizzymunchy View Post
    hi can I have a translation for this plz

Some men make me laugh , Today some man said to me , he wanted me to be his girlfriend , I replied " Sorry your not my type of man" he then asked me why , I replied " for you to be my boyfriend I would have to be attracted to you and I am not attracted to you " He then quickly signed off !!!! ........
    Algunos hombres me hacen reír, hoy un hombre me dijo que quería que yo fuera su novia, le respondí: "Lo siento, no eres mi tipo de hombre", entonces me preguntó por qué, le respondí: "para que seas mi novio me tendria que sentir atraída por ti y no me siento atraída hacia ti "Entonces rápidamente se desconecto!!

Tulin said:

Mi llamo "something"
    Soy de Irak. Yo vivo en Suecia.

Is this right?
    I want to know how to say:

- I am .... years old.
    - I want to be a civil-engineer.
    - I love Turkey & Azerbaijan very much.
    - I am learning Spanish.
    ღ لا تحزن إن الله معنا ღ

» «

"Bil ki, her kıştan sonra yine bahar gelecek, yine çiçekler açacak.."

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Tulin View Post
    Mi llamo "something"

Is this right?

- I am .... years old.
    - I am learning Spanish.
    Me llamo "XX"

or you can also say:

Mi nombre es: "XX"

- Tengo .... años
    - Yo quiero ser un ingeniero civil / Quiero ser ingeniero civil
    - Me encanta mucho Turquía y Azerbaiyán
    - Estoy aprendiendo Español

dragonfly93 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Tulin View Post
    Mi llamo "something"

Is this right?

- I am .... years old.
    - I am learning Spanish.
    I agree with Zahra's translations. As for the first two sentences...

I had no idea that they even use a K in Spanish!! I would've said Iraque or something, but apparently it's correct, according to Google...

When you say "vivo", the "yo" is understood, since each pronoun has a unique conjugation. So, what you said is correct, but it's more common to say "Vivo en Suecia." I may be mistaken, but some of these country names take an article before them (la Francia)... I'm not sure if you'd say "Suecia" or "la Suecia", though...

Also, when you say "I am learning Spanish", you can say it one of two ways.
    How Zahra posted it is the present progressive (form of the verb "to be" + gerund -ing). In Spanish, unless the action is ongoing at the exact moment, it's more common to say "Aprendo (el) español." meaning "I learn Spanish". Unlike English, Spanish emphasized the use of the present tense more than the present progressive. You will find this in most or all Romance languages
    Minä olen horjunut, epäilen enemmän kuin ennen
    Mutta halusit ihmisen, sen viat, sen heikkouden

Zahra2008 said:

it can be Irak or Iraq, both are correct in Spanish actually

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly93 View Post
    When you say "vivo", the "yo" is understood, since each pronoun has a unique conjugation. So, what you said is correct, but it's more common to say "Vivo en Suecia." I may be mistaken, but some of these country names take an article before them (la Francia)... I'm not sure if you'd say "Suecia" or "la Suecia", though...

Also, when you say "I am learning Spanish", you can say it one of two ways.
    How Zahra posted it is the present progressive (form of the verb "to be" + gerund -ing). In Spanish, unless the action is ongoing at the exact moment, it's more common to say "Aprendo (el) español." meaning "I learn Spanish". Unlike English, Spanish emphasized the use of the present tense more than the present progressive. You will find this in most or all Romance languages
    I hope u don't mind my sticking my nose in here...

Concerning the use of article with some countries, both Francia and Suecia go without it; in fact it's only a few nations that take article, such as "los Estados Unidos" (the USA), "las (islas) Malvinas (Falkland Islands) / Maldivas/ Canarias / Bahamas", "la India", "el Líbano" (Lebanon) and "los Emiratos Árabes Unidos" (UAE). {If I remember more, I'll add them here. } The rest go without it!

And regarding the "I am learning Spanish", I'd also say "estoy aprendiendo Español" (as Zahra did), the reason being that it is a regular and continuous activity, a process of learning. That's why we say "estoy estudiando Derecho" (I study law), "estoy aprendiendo a tocar el piano" (I'm learning how to play piano) or/and "estoy aprendiendo italiano" (I learn Italian). Note however that when referring to work, we use the present tense: "Trabajo en una librería" (I work in a bookshop), "trabajo como/de contador" (I work as an accountant).

Last edited by citlalli; 10-02-2010 at 11:55 AM.
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

AnnaFoster said:

Hello,

What is the best way to say "Don't give up on me, or write me off because I'm (insert adjective here)."

Not sure if "write me off" has a similar saying in spanish.

Thanks!

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaFoster View Post
    Hello,

What is the best way to say "Don't give up on me, or write me off because I'm (insert adjective here)."

Not sure if "write me off" has a similar saying in spanish.

Thanks!
    Suggestion: "No te des por vencido ni me hagas a un lado (simplemente) porque soy X".

Write off someone is hard to translate... it may be "ignorar/ excluir/ descartar" , etc.
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

red_rose said:

feliz cumpleanos mi amor

what is a translation of this in English? is it happy birthday my love?

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by red_rose View Post
    feliz cumpleanos mi amor

what is a translation of this in English? is it happy birthday my love?
    yeah, that's what it means