Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Tags: None
  1. aromafresco said:

could you help me please?

what does it mean? I don't understand very well.

"me encanta esto que compartes conmigo. Es un tesoro, es algo que me encanta... no sé... El tesoro es haberte conocido. Lo más bonito que me has enviado ha sido aquel beso mientras sonreías... Soy un experto en arte y sé apreciar el arte y la belleza que tú representas... y si no fuera experto en nada, mi sensibilidad me deja percibirte así"
  2. MaresLejanos said:

Quote Originally Posted by aromafresco View Post
    could you help me please?

what does it mean? I don't understand very well.

"me encanta esto que compartes conmigo. Es un tesoro, es algo que me encanta... no sé... El tesoro es haberte conocido. Lo más bonito que me has enviado ha sido aquel beso mientras sonreías... Soy un experto en arte y sé apreciar el arte y la belleza que tú representas... y si no fuera experto en nada, mi sensibilidad me deja percibirte así"
    I love this thing you're sharing with me. It's a treasure, it's something I like very much... I don't know.. The treasure is to have have met you. The most beautiful thing you have sent to me is that kiss while you were smiling... I'm an Art Expert, and I know how to appreciate the art and beauty that you represent... if I wasn't an expert in anything, my sensibility would let me percibe you this way.

If you don't understand, pleace tell me, I'm not quite sure about my English here.

.:BiLLiE:. said:

Mares, Zahra and Anna, thank you all for your opinions. The guy I'm with is from Mexico, and he actually explained to me that when hearing the word "amante" like Zahra said, it's assumed to be a 3rd person. However he also knows in English the word is a bit different.. He thinks it's cute because he knows me well and understands what I'm referring to!
    .:BiLLiEhDz:.

AnnaFoster said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    @Anna .. do you actually knows someone called Pancho??? coz let me tell you sweetie, that "Pancho" here in Mexico have a sexual connotation

so, the actually meaning of the sentence it can be: don't be late or you'll be "having sex" all night

Yup, I'm aware. (I won't go into detail.)

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by .:BiLLiE:. View Post
    Mares, Zahra and Anna, thank you all for your opinions. The guy I'm with is from Mexico, and he actually explained to me that when hearing the word "amante" like Zahra said, it's assumed to be a 3rd person. However he also knows in English the word is a bit different.. He thinks it's cute because he knows me well and understands what I'm referring to!
    ahh a mexican guy... see told you so ... but good that he understand you ... and if you need any help with the mexican slang.. let me know!!
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaFoster View Post
    Yup, I'm aware. (I won't go into detail.)
    of course you dont need to go into details... I just wanna let you know ...

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    ahh a mexican guy... see told you so ... but good that he understand you ... and if you need any help with the mexican slang.. let me know!!
    I'm sure I'll be taking you up on that offer Zahra! Muchas gracias!

If a man says "te quiero" would that be interpreted as "I love you" or "I want you"?
  9. MaresLejanos said:

I love you means two things in Spanish:
    - Te amo
    - Te quiero

The meaning is exactly the same, but some people use "te amo" deeper than "te quiero". And there is people who use te amo in the same way. I rather use "te amo" for a boyfriend, and "te quiero" for friends and relatives. But I know people who use "te amo" for everyone.
    I like more "te quiero" indeed...

But really, there isn't any rules, and it must be translated as "I love you" to english, not as I want you, because "I want you" has another connotation, like you desire the other person, and it's not the real meaning for "te quiero"...

I got confused!!
  10. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by MaresLejanos View Post
    I love you means two things in Spanish:
    - Te amo
    - Te quiero

The meaning is exactly the same, but some people use "te amo" deeper than "te quiero". And there is people who use te amo in the same way. I rather use "te amo" for a boyfriend, and "te quiero" for friends and relatives. But I know people who use "te amo" for everyone.
    I like more "te quiero" indeed...

But really, there isn't any rules, and it must be translated as "I love you" to english, not as I want you, because "I want you" has another connotation, like you desire the other person, and it's not the real meaning for "te quiero"...

I got confused!!
    for me, te amo means a lot a lot more. i've only meant it for 1 person in my life (my current girl). te quiero is the way most guys love their girlfriends when they first start going out imo. it's love, but not as strong as amar.

Question Phrases...

Could someone translate these for me? Thanks so much!

If you can't get someone out of you're head, maybe they're supposed to be there.

May you have the best dreams tonight, and may they begin to come true tomorrow.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Who are you to judge me, I know I'm not perfect and I don't claim to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your own hands are clean.

Life is too short to cause pain, nor endure it.

Today I will be happier than a duck with a french fry!

P.S. How would I tell my bf that I want him?

Zahra2008 said:

If you can't get someone out of you're head, maybe they're supposed to be there.
    Si nos puedes sacar a alguien de tu cabeza, tal vez se supone que deben estar allí

May you have the best dreams tonight, and may they begin to come true tomorrow.
    Puedes tener los mejores sueños ésta noche, y pueden convertirse en realidad mañana

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
    A veces las cosas buenas se desmoronan asi que mejores cosas pueden caer juntas

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
    Un día, tu vida aparecerá ante sus ojos. Asegúrate de que valga la pena ver

Who are you to judge me, I know I'm not perfect and I don't claim to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your own hands are clean.
    ¿Quién eres tú para juzgarme?, yo sé que no soy perfecta y no pretendo serlo. Pero antes de empezar a señalar con el dedo, asegúrate de que tus manos estén limpias

Life is too short to cause pain, nor endure it.
    La vida es demasiado corta como para causar dolor, ni aguantarlo/soportarlo

Today I will be happier than a duck with a french fry!
    Hoy voy a ser más feliz que un pato con una papa francésa! lol lol lol

Te quiero / Te amo / Te adoro
  13. dmoney101 said:

Want in what sense? Te quiero and te amo both mean i love you. If you mean want in a sexual way you could say te deseo (i desire you)

razvy2 said:

hey guys, this is my first post here...

I want to learn Spanish, and I have a list with some words to translate, but I think that it would be better for me to translate these words from Romanian, my mother language, because of the similarity of these Latin languages...

for the moment I just want some words translated, in the future of course I'll talk with some native Spanish for grammar lessons and so on...

I also know that usually the translations go from English to Spanish and vice-versa

what can I do? PM some of the Romanian Spanish-speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    Want in what sense? Te quiero and te amo both mean i love you. If you mean want in a sexual way you could say te deseo (i desire you)
    Thank you.. that's what I wanted to know!

Could someone please translate this letter for me? Thank you so much!

Sometimes, I'm really confused. If you don't know what I want, then let me put it clearly. I want to be with you. I love spending time with you, I love being in your arms. There is no place that I'd rather be. I don't have a boyfriend. You are the only man in my life and that's the way I want it. I want to mean as much to you as you mean to me. This started out as something different and turned into something I never expected. How can I tell you how special you are? Tell me what words you need to hear to understand that you have captivated me? It's a little scary to me because I don't want to be hurt; but if you don't take a chance you never know what could have happened. I want to be fearless and take that chance. I need to know how you feel about me too. I don't want to try to do this alone.

bedroomeyes said:

Could someone please translate this letter for me? Thank you so much!

Sometimes, I'm really confused. If you don't know what I want, then let me put it clearly. I want to be with you. I love spending time with you, I love being in your arms. There is no place that I'd rather be. I don't have a boyfriend. You are the only man in my life and that's the way I want it. I want to mean as much to you as you mean to me. This started out as something different and turned into something I never expected. How can I tell you how special you are? Tell me what words you need to hear to understand that you have captivated me? It's a little scary to me because I don't want to be hurt; but if you don't take a chance you never know what could have happened. I want to be fearless and take that chance. I need to know how you feel about me too. I don't want to try to do this alone.
    A veces me siento muy confundida. Si no sabes lo que quiero, déjame decírtelo claramente. Quiero estar contigo. Me encanta pasar el tiempo contigo, me encanta estar en tus brazos. No quiero estar en ningún otro lugar. No tengo novio. Tú eres el único hombre de mi vida y así quiero que sea. Quiero tener la misma importancia para ti que tú tienes para mí. Esto empezó como algo diferente y se convirtió en algo que nunca me esperaba. ¿Cómo decirte lo especial que eres? Dime qué palabras necesitas oír para que entiendas que me has cautivado. Me da un poquito de miedo porque no quiero terminar lastimada; pero si no te arriesgas nunca vas a saber lo que pudo ser. Quiero ser valiente y tomar ese riesgo. Necesito saber qué sientes tú por mí también. No quiero intentar esto sola.
    The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
    -Albert Einstein

Thank you so very much! It's very important to me to send this and I appreciate the fast response!

bedroomeyes said:

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.
    The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
    -Albert Einstein

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by razvy2 View Post
    hey guys, this is my first post here...

I want to learn Spanish, and I have a list with some words to translate, but I think that it would be better for me to translate these words from Romanian, my mother language, because of the similarity of these Latin languages...

for the moment I just want some words translated, in the future of course I'll talk with some native Spanish for grammar lessons and so on...

I also know that usually the translations go from English to Spanish and vice-versa

what can I do? PM some of the Romanian Spanish-speakers?
    well, if you want some Romanian ~ Spanish speakers? you can pm Kmmy, she is from your country and she speak good Spanish...