"Gracias a la Vida" as sung by Mercedes Sosa

Thread: "Gracias a la Vida" as sung by Mercedes Sosa

Tags: None

DebraSue said:

Smile "Gracias a la Vida" as sung by Mercedes Sosa

May I please have the english translation of "Gracias a la Vida" as sung by Mercedes Sosa. Thank you!
    Debra on Cloud-9

damarys said:

Thumbs up Gracias a la Vida FOUND!

I found the lyrics translated already! Check out:

http://forum1.sewanee.edu/spanish/gracias.html

Peace!

DebraSue said:

Wink thanks

Thank you very much
    Debra on Cloud-9

Tucumana88 said:

Wow is so cool to see people from other countries asking for a lyric sing by one singer of my country, Mercedes Sosa! well the lyric was writed by a singer from Chile, Violeta Parra, and she record that song too, if you want to hear it you can find it in youtube.

DebraSue said:

Help! The link for the lyrics that damarys sent me to are NOT the lyrics as sung by Mercedes Sosa. does anyone have the version by Mercedes Sosa and the translation for her rendition of the song? Thanks again
    Debra on Cloud-9

Tucumana88 said:

In youtube is the video of Mercedes Sosa singinng Gracias a la vida and there is the translation too..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyOJ-A5iv5I

damarys said:

Sorry about that! I did see them. I will look again, if you want.

DebraSue said:

thank you tucumana and damarys. I still have not found the English translation, but I'm going to do my own translation with all of my spanish books. Thanks again.
    Debra on Cloud-9

damarys said:

If we have the lyrics here we can help you. Most of us are in and out of the forum and don't have time to look for lyrics, but if you post them it is sooooo much easier to translate.

DebraSue said:

oh, i never even thought of posting them. i'll do that later tonight after work, thanks.
    Debra on Cloud-9

citlalli said:

Hello girls!

I found out that Xiurell already translated this song, and I've compared the text he translated with Mercedes Sosa's version on the youtube video and it's the same with one little difference only: the second verse is omitted in her version... other than that it's exactly the text DebraSue is looking for:

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/sp...tml#post290602
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

damarys said:

Thanks, citlalli!!! I thought I looked for it, but sometimes I forget to Search first!

citlalli said:

Hehe... I reckon it's happened to all of us here; we get so excited trying to help that we forget to search first

Saludos y abrazos
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

DebraSue said:

Everyone on this site is so helpful and so nice. thanks to all of you.
    Debra on Cloud-9