Old slavic pagan rituals prayers and songs

Thread: Old slavic pagan rituals prayers and songs

Tags: None
  1. voron said:

Default Old slavic pagan rituals prayers and songs

>>> Some really are songs so I hope this will be accepted here <<<

Please, I need this translated from English to Russian, my knowlege on slavic languages are very rusty. Can someone help me at all? It would be greatly appreciated:

Moist Mother Earth, subdue every evil and
    unclean being so that he may not cast a spell on us nor do us any harm.
    Moist Mother Earth, engulf the unclean power in thy boiling pits, in thy burning fires.
    Moist Mother Earth, calm the Winds coming from the South
    and all bad weather. Calm the moving sands and whirlwinds.
    Moist Mother Earth, calm the North Winds and the clouds, subdue the snowstorms and the cold.
    -
    Mother Earth, giving suck from bountiful breasts to countless children. When the peasants spoke of Matushka Zemlia, their eyes, usually dull and expressionless, were flooded with love, like the eyes of children who see their mother at a distance.
    -
    If you don't give us a tart - We'll take your cow by the horns.
    If you don't give us a sausage - We'll grab your pig by the head.
    If you don't give us a bliny - We'll give the host a kick.
    -
    The rooks have come.

Oh little bee, Ardent bee!
    Fly out beyond the sea.
    Get out the keys, the golden keys.
    Lock up winter, cold winter
    Unlock summer, warm summer.
    Warm summer -
    A summer fertile in grain.
    -
    Our Dear Maslenica, dear, leli, dear
    Came for a while, for a while, leli, for a while
    We thought for seven weeks, seven weeks, leli, seven weeks
    But Maslenica stayed only seven days, seven days, leli, seven days
    And Maslenica deceived us, deceived us, leli, deceived us
    To lent she offered a seat, offered a seat, leli, offered a seat
    Bitter horseradish she put out, put out, leli, put out
    And that horseradish is more bitter than xren, more bitter than xren,
    leli, more bitter than xren.
    -
    Turn out well, turn out well, my flax.
    Turn out well, my white flax.
    -
    Water of death to water of life. We infuse you with the healing light.

Let us honor the Rusalki's return from the watery otherworld. With each step of their sacred xorovods, they bring moisture and life to the fields. With their arboreal ascent, the trees burst into leaf and bud. We salute you, water women, and invite you and all other friendly spirits of water and woodland, to enter our sacred circle. Hail & Welcome.

Let us turn our thoughts to the strengthening of the Sun king, Dahzhdbog, the celestial fire, who now moves toward the apex of his glory. Let us think of Svarovich, his divine brother of the terrestrial fire, the first fruit of wisdom plucked from the flaming tree of knowledge without whom our lives would be ever dim. Let us think of the fire which rages within the belly of our great Mother Earth. And finally let us call Swarog, the divine light which shines within and about us all. Hail & Welcome.

Let us now bring our attention to the belly of our Moist mother earth, womb of all who seek entrance into this life, and when this life is done, womb of all who seek entrance to the next. May she, and the Gods of Vrij grant passage to the spirits of those we have loved who have gone before us, that they may join us in today's feasting and celebration. Hail and Welcome.

The kumits'ja ceremony was performed to ensure a life-long bond between friends. Whomever you choose to kiss through the kumits'ja wreaths while we dance to raise the energy, will be your friend for life. This is not a spell to be taken lightly, so choose carefully or not at all.

Let it be so

We invite you, Gods and Goddesses of our people, Sovereigns of the sacred realms of Nav, Prav & Yav, to join us in our feasting and celebration. We invite you, O Spirits of Nature, otherworldly creatures of forest and field. Join us in love and trust in our feasting and celebration. We invite you, ancestors and loved ones who have gone before us to pass through the gates of Vij and join in our feasting and celebration with those whom they love. Hail and Welcome.

In times of yore, our ancestors would give to the river a young girl. Her soul was said to be taken by the water women where she would join their rank. Without this offering, it was believed that the number of water women would dwindle and they would soon die off, never again to bring moisture to the vegetative world. All would wither and die.

Our offerings have changed, but not our devotion. We give you, Rusalki, this humble offering, that you may receive thanks and know that your work does not go unnoticed.

The River is Flowing

Ancestors, loved ones, those of the land of Vij, we thank you for your presence here. Hail and Farewell.

Rusalka, Nature Spirits, Protectors of the Mother, welcome back to our Realm, and thank You for Your presence here. Hail and Farewell.

Shining Ones, Gods and Goddesses, Sovereigns and Creators, thank you for your presence here. Hail and Farewell.

Moist Mother Earth, doorway to life in this world and the next, We humbly beg your forgiveness for the times we have not trod gently upon your flesh, have not felt as one with your presence. Hear us now as we give you our oath to be kinder and more responsible for your well being.

Our circle is done, our rite is over, may the Gods be your guides and the Zorya protect you.
    -
    I, a young girl, am going to the quiet meadow, the quiet meadow.
    To the quiet meadow, to a little birch.
    I, a young girl, will pick a blue cornflower,
    A little blue cornflower, a cornflower.
    I, a young girl, will weave a wreath.
    I, a young girl, will go to the river.
    I will throw the wreath down the river.
    I will think about my sweetheart
    My wreath is drowning, drowning.
    My heart is aching, aching.
    My wreath will drown.
    My sweetheart will abandon me.
    -
    Don't rejoice oak trees. Don't rejoice green ones.
    Not to you are the girls coming. Not to you, the pretty ones.
    Not to you are they bringing pies, pastries, omelettes.
    Yo, Yo Semik and Trinity!
    Rejoice birches! Rejoice green ones!
    To you the girls are coming!
    To you they are bringing pies, pastries, omelettes.
    Yo, yo Semik and Trininty.

Oh birch, so curly, curly and young,
    Under you, little birch, no poppy is blooming.
    Under you, little birch, no fire is burning -
    No poppy is blooming -
    Pretty maids are dancing a xorovod,
    about you little birch, they are singing songs.
    -
    Perkons! Father! Thy children lead this faultless victim to thy altar. Bestow, O Father, they blessing on the plough and on the corn. May golden straw with great well-filled ears rise abundantly as rushes. Drive away all black haily clouds to the great moors, forests, and large deserts, where they will not frighten mankind; and give sunshine and rain, gentle falling rain, in order that the crops may thrive!
    -
    Until dinner, it's summer. After dinner, it's autumn.
    -
    Dedushka Dobrokhot, Please come into my house and tend the flocks.

Grandfather Domovoi, help me chase away this intruder.

Leshi, Forest Lord, Come to me now; not as a grey wolf, not as a black raven, not as a flaming fir tree, but as a man.
    -
    In the ocean sea, on the island of Buyan, there live three brothers, three winds: the first Northern, the second Eastern and the third Western. Waft, O winds, bring on (_______) sorrow and dreariness so that without me s/he may not be able to spend a day nor pass an hour!
    -
    I, (________), stand still, uttering a blessing.
    I go from the room to the door, from the courtyard to the gates.
    I go out into the open field to the Eastern side. On the Eastern side stands an cottage. In the middle of the izba lies a plank, under the plank is the longing.
    The longing weeps. The longing sobs, waiting to get at the white light. The white light, the fair sun, waits, enjoys itself, and rejoices.
    So may she/he wait, longing to get to me, and having done so, may he enjoy himself and rejoice! And without me let it not be possible for him to live, nor to be, nor to eat, nor to drink; neither by the morning dawn, nor by the evening glow.
    As a fish without water, as a babe without its mother, without its mother's milk, cannot live, so may she/he, without me, not be able to live, nor to be, nor to eat, nor to drink, nor by the evening glow; neither every day, not at mid-day, nor under the many stars, nor together with the stormy winds. Neither under the sun by day, nor under the moon by night.
    Plunge thyself, O longing, gnaw thy way, O longing, into his/her breast, into his/her heart; grow and increase in all his/her veins, in all his bones, with pain and thirst for me!
    -
    Oh Virgin, unsheath your father's sacred sword.
    Take up the breastplate of your ancestors.
    Take up your powerful helmet.
    Bring forth your steed of black.
    Fly forth to the open field,
    There, where the great army with countless weapons is found.
    Oh, Virgin, cover me with your veil.
    Protect me against the power of the enemy
    Against guns and arrows, warriors and weapons;
    Weapons of wood, of bone, of copper, of iron and steel.
    -
    Dear Father, tsar fire,
    Be gentle and kind to me.
    Burn away all my aches & pains, tears & worries.
    -
    O righteous Sun! Do thou in my foes, my rivals, my opposers, in the powers that be, and public officials, and in all people of good mouth and heart, parch up evil thoughts and deeds, so that they may not rise up, may not utter words baleful for me!
    -
    As this corpse has died unrepentant, so may you too die, unrepentant.
    -
    Tatyana curiously gazes
    At the prophetic waxen mold,
    All eager in its wondrous mazes
    A wonderous future to behold.
    Then from the basin someone dredges,
    Ring after ring, the player's pledges,
    And comes her ringlet, they rehearse
    The immemorial little verse:
    "There all the serfs are wealthy yeomen,
    They shovel silver with a spade;
    To whom we sing, he shall be made
    Famous and rich!" But for ill omen
    They take this plaintive ditty's voice;
    Koshurka is the maiden's choice
    -
    The ring was rolling
    Along the velvet
    The ring rolled up
    To the ruby.
    For one who takes it out
    For her it will come true,
    She will not escape
    A Maple entwined with a birch
    It did not untwine - Lada, Lada
    Whoever takes it out
    All will be well.
    A little cat is sitting
    In a wicker basket
    She is sewing a towel.
    She will marry the tom
    For whom we are singing
    All will be well.
    -
    A rooster was digging
    on a little mound of Earth
    The rooster dug up
    A little pearl.
    For whoever gets it
    All will be well.
    A calyx is floating from somewhere beyond the sea.
    To wherever it floats, there it will blossom.
    Whoever takes it out - For her will it come true.
    She will not escape - glory!
    -
    The sleigh stands, ready to go - Glory!
    In it the cushions are all arranged - Glory!
    It stands near the forest, waiting to go for a ride - Glory!
    To whom we sing this song, all will be well.
    It will come true, she will not escape - Glory.
    -
    I sat - by a window
    I waited - for my beloved
    I could no longer wait
    I fell asleep.
    In the morning - I awoke
    I suddenly - realized
    I am a widow.
    To whom we sing, all will come true.
    -
    A dandy once took a very sharp axe - Lileju
    The dandy went out - into the wide courtyard.
    The dandy began - to hew some boards
    To nail the wood - into an oaken coffin
    Whomever this song reaches,
    For her it will come true
    She will not escape
    -
    Mother Zorya of morning and evening and midnight! as ye quietly fade away and disappear, so may both sicknesses and sorrows in me, (______), quietly fade and disappear - those of the morning, and of the evening, and of midnight!
    -
    We pass through the village, and the clouds across the sky. We go quicker, and the clouds go quicker,
    But the clouds have overtaken us and have bedewed the fields.
    We go through the village, and the clouds across the sky,
    and see, a ring drops from the clouds.
    -
    -
    Many thanks, I hope someone will have time to help.

2. WhiteRacoon said:

Do you want a literal translation or the originals of those saying/songs/poems/phrases, which were translated into english that way?

3. voron said:

All i need is an accurate translation, if you can do that it would be very helpful. Many thanks for the assistance

Alla Alcenko said:

Привет, voron. You speek Russian, don’t you? I am interested in the slavic pagan songs too. So I have done the translation with pleasure. Today is only one translation, but after some time I’ll try to help you with the other songs.

But I must ask, where is the original versions of these songs? It will be very interesting for me to study the original versions on the original languages

Oh little bee, Ardent bee!

O, маленькая пчела, Горячая (или Пылающая, или Огненная) пчела!
    Улети за море.
    Достань ключи, золотые ключи.
    Запри зиму, холодную зиму.
    Отопри лето, тёплое лето.
    Тёплое лето –
    Лето плодородное в зерне.

5. voron said:

Hi alla, thanks for the reply. I know a bit of Russian, however my sentence structure is not perfect and there are still many words for me to learn.
    Last edited by voron; 08-09-2008 at 05:51 PM.

Alla Alcenko said:

Before the translation I must say that I guess here lent means Великий Пост. Великий Пост is a very long christian lent and it starts in march.
    Before the acceptante of Christianity, Maslenica was celebrated in the day of the Spring Equinox. But after the acceptante of Christianity, Maslenica became incompatible with the Lent, so people have been compelled to celebrate a holiday much earlier, before the Lent.
    __
    I don’t know what is xren in English. I guess here is a mistake in the lyrics.
    xren could be хрен – a russian name of the horseradish, it is an edible plant. So the last sentence translation of the song is hypotetical, and I left the unknown word xren without any changings.

Наша Дорогая Масленица, дорогая, лели, дорогая.
    Пришла на некоторое время, на некоторое время, лели, некоторое время.
    Мы думали на 7 недель, 7 недель, лели, 7 недель.
    Но Масленица осталась только на 7 дней, 7 дней, лели, 7 дней.
    И Масленица обманула нас, обманула нас, лели, обманула нас,
    Великому посту уступила место, уступила место, лели, уступила.
    Горький хрен она сделала, сделала, лели, сделала.

И этот хрен более горький чем ?xren,
    более горький чем ?xren,
    лели, более горький чем ?xren.

7. voron said:

You are correct, xren is horseradish
    However, everything I have posted is pre-christian.
    Read this: "The singer laments that he is betrayed by Maslenica because she gives up her seat to Lent and gives him bitter things to eat."
    So "Lent" is clearly an entity of some kind, not christian.
    Please make the changes if you can
    Last edited by voron; 08-10-2008 at 08:59 AM.

Alla Alcenko said:

Quote Originally Posted by voron View Post
    However, everything I have posted is pre-christian.
    Wow. But it is very diffucult to find a song which is 100% pre-christian!

__

Ok, Lent here is not Великий Пост, but either I guess it is not the name of the king.
    I have found that Lent is the Old English word for spring (information from: http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/2001/0104fea1.asp and http://www.answers.com/topic/lent).

__

But if xren is horseradish, why in the song "the horseradish is more bitter than xren"??? So I type the new version of translation with the same last sentense.

Наша Дорогая Масленица, дорогая, лели, дорогая.
    Пришла на некоторое время, на некоторое время, лели, некоторое время.
    Мы думали на 7 недель, 7 недель, лели, 7 недель.
    Но Масленица осталась только на 7 дней, 7 дней, лели, 7 дней.
    И Масленица обманула нас, обманула нас, лели, обманула нас,
    Весне уступила место, уступила место, лели, уступила.

Горький хрен она сделала, сделала, лели, сделала.
    И этот хрен более горький чем ?xren,
    более горький чем ?xren,
    лели, более горький чем ?xren.

9. voron said:

Oh by the way, the name of the song is: Zemcovskij..
    And I believe xren is just a different form of horseradish, but thats all I can come up with. I can only find the songs in English, sorry. I wish there was a source that had them in their original language as well. I suspect that they are Russian songs, but I'm not completely certain. I got them from this site, tell me what you think: http://members.aol.com/hpsofsnert/holid.html

10. WhiteRacoon said:

Quote Originally Posted by Alla Alcenko View Post
    But if xren is horseradish, why in the song "the horseradish is more bitter than xren"??? So I type the new version of translation with the same last sentense
    The famous saying "хрен редьки не слаще" is used here. So хрен is not compared to хрен, it's compared to редька! =) (редьчинка - is the same thing, only the word if transformed by a suffix which is supposed to give the word some tenderness)

The original of this Maslenitsa song:
    Наша масленица дорогая,
    Немножко постояла,
    Мы думали, семь неделек,
    А масленица - семь денечков...
    А нас масленица обманула,
    На великий пост посадила,
    Горьку редьчинку подложила,
    А ты редьчинка горче хрену!

Add "лёли" and the repeating of the ending of each string - and you've got it =)

11. WhiteRacoon said:

Moist Mother Earth, subdue every evil and
    unclean being so that he may not cast a spell on us nor do us any harm.
    Moist Mother Earth, engulf the unclean power in thy boiling pits, in thy burning fires.
    Moist Mother Earth, calm the Winds coming from the South
    and all bad weather. Calm the moving sands and whirlwinds.
    Moist Mother Earth, calm the North Winds and the clouds, subdue the snowstorms and the cold.
    It's a kind of a prayer for Mother Earth to protect the field of the peasants from the evil and distruction. It is pronounced early-early in the morning, the first part is said when the one who pronounces it is turned to to East. Also some hemp oil has to be brougt to the field. "Мать сыра-земля! Уйми ты всяку гадину нечистую от приворота, оборота и лихого дела" Some oil is spilled on the fiels. Then the one turns to the West "Мать сыра-земля! Поглоти ты нечистую силу в бездны кипучия, в смолу горючую". Some more oil on the ground, then turn to the South "Мать сыра земля! Утоли ты все ветры полуденные со ненастью, уйми пески сыпучие со мятелью" . Again some oil on the ground... To the North: "Мать сыра-земля! Уйми ты ветры полуночные со тучами, содержи морозы со мятелями". And the phial (in which the oil was brought) is thrown tot he ground too.

Mother Earth, giving suck from bountiful breasts to countless children. When the peasants spoke of Matushka Zemlia, their eyes, usually dull and expressionless, were flooded with love, like the eyes of children who see their mother at a distance.
    Матушка Земля, кормящая щедрыми персями своих бесчисленных детей. Когда крестьяне говорят о Матушке Земле, их глаза, обычно тусклые и невыразительные, наполняются любовью, как глаза детей, которые видят вдалеке свою мать. - it's not the original of that phrase, just because it's not a prayer or anything, just someone's thoughts.

If you don't give us a tart - We'll take your cow by the horns.
    If you don't give us a sausage - We'll grab your pig by the head.
    If you don't give us a bliny - We'll give the host a kick.
    It's christmas коляды - funny songs, which worked actually like halloween's trick-or-treat.
    Не дашь нам пирога – Уведем корову за рога.
    Не дашь нам колбасу - возьмем за голову свинью
    (I also found "Не дашь кваску - возьмем свинку за виску" (if you don't give us kvass (almost ale), we'll grab your pig by the head))
    Не дадите блинов - надаем вам пинков
    -
    Turn out well, turn out well, my flax.
    Turn out well, my white flax.
    Ты удайся, удайся, ленок,
    Ты удайся, мой беленький ленок!
    (it's a part of a folk song "Уж я сеяла ленок" - http://www.a-pesni.golosa.info/rus/uzjasejala.htm)

Oh birch, so curly, curly and young,
    Under you, little birch, no poppy is blooming.
    Under you, little birch, no fire is burning -
    No poppy is blooming -
    Pretty maids are dancing a xorovod,
    about you little birch, they are singing songs.
    О, Берёзка, кудрявая, кудрявая да молодая!
    Под тобою, берёзонька, не мак цветёт,
    Под тобою, березонька, не огонь горит -
    Не мак цветет -
    Красные девушки в хороводе стоят.
    Про тебя, берёзонька, все песни поют.

Alla Alcenko said:

Quote Originally Posted by voron View Post
    I got them from this site, tell me what you think: http://members.aol.com/hpsofsnert/holid.html
    Voron, as you know, many things in Slavic paganism are still disputable. So every serious researcher must state many strong arguments while he is telling his opinion.

And so do I.

That's why in order to explain my opinion about the song, I must state some arguments, examples and references. So I have a lot to say. But here is not a forum about Slavic paganism. I think it would be an infringement of the forum rules if we discuss it here. So here I will post translations only. What is about the correctness of these songs and of these site, I think we shall open the new topic on some another forum dedicated to Slavic paganism or paganism. If no suitable forum exists, we could create such forum.

What do you think about http://www.blutundboden.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40 ? Is it suitable enough to discuss the correctness of these songs there?

__

WhiteRacoon, I must say you have done a great job!

Alla Alcenko said:

Don't rejoice oak trees. Don't rejoice green ones.

Не радуйтесь, дубы,
    Не радуйтесь, зелёные!
    Не к вам девушки идут,
    Не к вам красные;
    Не вам пироги несут,
    Лепёшки, яичницы.
    Ио, ио, Семик, да Троица!
    Радуйтесь, берёзы,
    Радуйтесь, зелёные!
    К вам девушки идут,
    К вам красные;
    К вам пироги несут,
    Лепёшки, яичницы.
    Ио, ио, Семик да Троица.

It is an original Russian song!

* Perhaps Троица is a Сhristian day dedicated to the Sacral Thrinity.
    Семик is Slavic pagan holyday practically in the same period as Троица. It was connected with rusalkas.

__
    Let us honor the Rusalki's return from the watery otherworld...

Почтим возвращение русалок из иного, водяного мира. С каждым шагом их священного хоровода, они приносят влагу и жизнь в поля. С их восхождением на деревья, деревья начинают растить листья и зародыши. Мы приветствуем вас, водяные женщины, и приглашаем вас и всех остальных дружественных духов воды и леса, встать в наше святое коло

* It is not an original text, it's my translation. I think here circle is a коло. Коло is a circle of the round dance (хоровод).
    Last edited by Alla Alcenko; 08-11-2008 at 11:30 AM.

Alla Alcenko said:

I sat - by a window
    I waited - for my beloved
    I could no longer wait
    I fell asleep.
    In the morning - I awoke
    I suddenly - realized
    I am a widow.
    To whom we sing, all will come true.

I know that it is an original Russian song, but I couldn't find it! So here is my translation:
    Я села - у окна.
    Я ждала - своего возлюбленного.
    Я не могла больше ждать,
    Я заснула.
    Утром - я проснулась.
    И внезапно - поняла.
    Я вдова.

Это станет правдой для того, кому поём.

Perhaps I know the original song which is very similar (but it is another song).
    The refrain of the song is:
    Засыпала молодой - просыпалася вдовой,
    Золото колечко не нашла.
    Не смотрите мои красы - опростила волосы
    Кручинная головушка
    Using this refrain the Russian etno-trance band created this song: http://www.volgamusic.ru/pages/music...ushka_edik.mp3
    __

15. voron said:

A very beautiful song, thanks for the listen , and again, for the translations. You have been a great teacher. Sorry for being ignorent about some of the songs, I still have much to learn.

Also thank you WhiteRacoon, great job!
    Last edited by voron; 08-12-2008 at 08:49 AM.

16. voron said:

Hey you guys can watch your translations be put to good use here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Jt6YdascI

My videos are a bit rushed, but they are there for educational purposes, so that is all that counts

Alla Alcenko said:

That's a nice video, Voron

If you need some more prayers in addition to those on this forum a have a lot of them, in Russian, and some in old Slavic.
    __

We invite you, Gods and Goddesses of our people, Sovereigns of the sacred realms of Nav, Prav & Yav....

Призываем вас, Боги и Богини нашего народа, Правители священных царств Нави, Прави и Яви, присоединится к нашему пиру и празднованию. Мы призываем вас, о Духи Природы, потусторонние существа лесов и полей. Присоединитесь к нам в любви и доверии на нашем пиру и празднике. Призываем вас, предки и возлюбленные, которые до нас прошли через ворота Врия, присоединится к пиру и празднованию с теми, кого вы любите.

__

Let us turn our thoughts to the strengthening of the Sun king, Dahzhdbog, the celestial fire.....

Давайте будем созерцать рост силы нашего Солнечного царя, Даждьбога, космическиго огня, который сейчас идёт к вершине своей славы.

Давайте будем созерцать Сварожича, его божественного брата - земной огонь, первый плод знаний, собранный с пылающего вещего дерева, без которого наши жизни не были бы никогда освещены.

Давайте будем созерцать огонь, который разгорается в животе нашей великой Земле Матушке. И, в завершении, давайте призовём Сварога, божественной свет, который светит в нас и о нас.

Давайте обратим внимание на живот нашей Матери Сырой Земли, матери всех, кто ищет вход в эту жизнь, а когда эта жизнь прожита, матери всех, кто ищет вход в следующий мир. Она может, и Боги Врия могут, подарить связь с духами, и с теми, кого мы любили, но кто ушёл до нас, так, чтобы они могли присоединиться к сегодняшнему пиру и празднованию.

It is again not the original text. It is a sort of reconstruction of the prayer.
    I tried to translate word for word, it is rusulted in something muddle.

I guess this prayer could be used on Kupalo. But there are more beautiful prayer and original prayers for such a day.

__

Tatyana curiously gazes...

Татьяна любопытным взором
    На воск потопленный глядит:
    Он чудно вылитым узором
    Ей что-то чудное гласит;
    Из блюда, полного водою,
    Выходят кольцы чередою;
    И вынулось колечко ей
    Под песенку старинных дней:
    «Там мужички-то всё богаты,
    Гребут лопатой серебро;
    Кому поем, тому добро
    И слава!» Но сулит утраты
    Сей песни жалостный напев;
    Милей кошурка сердцу дев

The fragment of the original novell by Alexander Pushkin.

__

18. voron said:

I plan on making a video on Kupalo and Kolyada next, so if you wish I could use some help with what prayers/ ceremonies to include (in detail).
    In my other video, sorry if some of the text seems small and blurry, when I finished the video it changed everything a bit.. Which is frustrating because now I can't even read it anymore haha. It's ok though, as I remember what most of it said anyway.
    Thanks for those other prayers, I need all the lessons I can get

Alla Alcenko said:

The kumits'ja ceremony was performed to ensure a life-long bond between friends....

Кумиться - это обряд, который устанавливает пожизненную связь между друзьями. Кого бы ты не захотел поцеловать через венок во время танца, который усиливает энергию, он (или она) станет твоим другом на всю жизнь

Voron, I'll publish information about Kupalo and Kolyada on http://slavicpaganism.blogspot.com/ .

Alla Alcenko said:

In times of yore, our ancestors would give to the river a young girl........

В былые времена, наши предки дарили реке девушку. Считалось, что её душу забирала водяная женщина там, где она должна была присоединится к их сообществу. Верили, что без этой жертвы количество водяных женщин сократится и они вымрут, никогда более не принеся влагу в растительный мир. Всё бы тогда увяло и умерло.

Наши жертвы изменились, но не наша приверженность. Мы даём вам, русалки, этот скромный подарок, так вы можете получить благодарность, и знать, что ваш труд не остался незамеченным.

It is not a song neither a prayer. It looks like a story which tells a modern pagan.