French song?

Thread: French song?

Tags: None
  1. alee663 said:

Unhappy French song?

My French teacher a few years ago would show us music videos in order to help our pronunciation and grasp on French culture.

There was a video that everyone liked that I've been trying to track down. All I remember is that the video had a lot of ninjas in slow-motion, and either the song or the artist was "Montreal."

I know that's not a lot to go on... but any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!

2. AquariumRescueUnit said:

Talking

Malajube?
    the song is call Montreal -4 (in reference to temperature)or something like that. I'm pretty sure this is the song you're after.
    Other than that there is a band called Of Montreak, but I am pretty certain the primarily sing in english.

cheers, hope it helps. They're a great band!
    I'd offer to send the song to you but my computer went sazzy and lost ALL of my music, I'm devastated.

p.s: dunno about the ninja's...but if that is them then it's just more reason to love them as far as I am concerned!

3. Musicismyfirstlove said:

The mind is a wonderful thing...

4. alee663 said:

Thanks for the prompt responses!

I did stumble across Malajube in my searches - unfortunately, that's not the song. The music video is pretty ill, though, so I'm glad I ran across it Thanks anyways.

AquariumRescueUnit: I listen to Of Montreal! I love their music! And I'm sorry about your computer Best of luck with it!

5. Musicismyfirstlove said:

Ah , too bad but not all is lost yet , but need some info.
    You say "a few years ago " , so the song is probably from 2000 or so?
    Was it rock , folk , male /female singer?
    I'm asking 'cause there's about 20 songs called Montreal , so it's hard to choose the right one...

6. alee663 said:

Well, the class was three and a half years ago now - but I got the impression that some of the videos she showed us were a bit outdated. So yes, probably around the turn of the millennium or so.

I honestly can't remember the genre of the song (most likely it was rock or alternative), but I have the vague impression that it was an all-male band.

Also, I remember that my teacher was somewhat of a stick-in-the-mud and refused to show any videos that had explicit language (even if we didn't understand them), so maybe that could be a clue.

Thanks for all your help!

7. Musicismyfirstlove said:

No problem , I kinda like searching for songs etc.

I'm afraid to no avail this time , the only name I could come up with is "Beau Dommage ".
    No video to be found though ,so it remains a mystery.
    For good measure I link the list , it might trigger something ..

http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=17:1011240

Good luck with the search!