Thread: Learning Macedonian language - учиме македонскиот јазик

Tags: None
  1. jfilipov said:

Zdravo na site Fala sto mi uchish...mi e zhal....my spelling is terrible

i'm little one said:

Quote Originally Posted by macorules94 View Post
    haha yes one day I'll come to Russia
    hahah ,Russia cant wait

Jovanca,dont worry,in the beginin its hard a little,but after some time ull be professional in it

tedinkyyy said:

Здравейте,македонци! Мисля,че ще ме разберете,ако ви пиша на български
    Чудя се ,дали някой от вас може да ми каже какво значи на английски "vredam"? От песента на Каролина"Знаеш колку вредам" Само това не мога да разбера от цялата песен,пък гледам,че няма превод на нея във форума.А за една дума няма смисъл да искам цялата песен да ми се превежда.
    Eins.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Zwei..hier kommt die Sonne
    Drei.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

velvet_sky said:

Vredi - to be worth; worthy; to be of use

Tose Proeski - The Hardest Thing --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKRrADJ7j3E
    * Agapi mou gurna pisw, Mou Leipeis... :[

5. Zoka said:

Hey folks

I just joined this forum yesterday but was visiting it a few times before when I was looking for some translated Tose song lyriks. Great place by the way, I am glad to be here and many thanks for the nice and polite people here that are willing to help and sacrifice their time with answering and helping!!!

I woudl like to learn Macedonian, I am able to read chirilic (sounds like I am in primary school by doing this hehe) but still

I completly understand (or at least i think so hehe) the "eh, da sum zlato" song. I downloaded the first album from Tose "Nekade von Nokta" and have printed all translations out. A big thanks to Lidija as some of the translations should be Your work And as well to all others that are involved in this translation thing here!

My first question now is how can I typing macedonian letters with my keyboard, do I have to download somthing like a "macedonian language pack"? Thanks in advance for updating me!

Golem pozdrav site!

6. Zoka said:

Okey, checkd my language packs installed on my computer but no Macedonian included
    I have created a key board layout with "Keyboard Layout Creator" but have no idea where Windows 2000 is stored its langauge packs so I have no clue where to save/paste it in. But okey at least I can now write macedonian within testing my layout in "Keyboard Layout Creator" and have to copy and paste it.

Hope somone can tell me an easier way how to include it in Windows.

Here are my first words written in chirilyc:

добар ден.
    Jас се викам зока роџен сум во хрватска и живим во немалчки.
    сакам да учим македонски јазик

Lydia_the angel said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zoka View Post
    Okey, checkd my language packs installed on my computer but no Macedonian included : (
    I have created a key board layout with "Keyboard Layout Creator" but have no idea where Windows 2000 is stored its langauge packs so I have no clue where to save/paste it in. But okey at least I can now write macedonian within testing my layout in "Keyboard Layout Creator" and have to copy and paste it.

добар ден.
    сакам да учим македонски јазик : )
    Hello there Zoka Warm welcome from me and in the name of all of the members of this thread It's a great pleasure to have you with us here and wish you to have nice stay:-)
    Btw, you're welcome about the translations of Tose's songs and honestly it's an enormous pleasure and happiness for me to know that they are helpful for you:-) It's also very nice to know you like Tose's songs and have downloaded this great album you mentioned, that's awesome, hope you can also check his other albums and enjoy in his divine songs, always
    I'm not so good with computers and as Macedonian keyboard was automatically installed on my pc, I've never checked those stuff, but I found something which I think it might be helpful for you;-) Here's a link to it:
    http://www.xmlblueprint.com/macedonian-xml-editor.htm
    Also greetings for your attempt and desire to learn Macedonian That's glad to hear and whenever you need some help we are here:-)
    You've written very well for a beginner, keep up with the good job Just small corrections in order for you to learn better, hope you don't mind
    Jас се викам Зока, роден сум во Хрватска и живеам во Германија. Сакам да го учам македонскиот јазик.

Поздрав
    The icon lamp has brighten the sky
    white aureole are knitting the angels for you
    your star extinguished, as soon as I found you, you left
    ***TOŠE FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS***

8. nickname778 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zoka View Post
    Okey, checkd my language packs installed on my computer but no Macedonian included

добар ден.
    сакам да учим македонски јазик
    Hmm in Windows XP it's FYRO Macedonian, maybe you can find it with this name.

9. Zoka said:

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome! Like You said, "Nekade vo nokta" is a great album, even after listening to it a few weeks it doesn't get any boring. I will also listen to his other albums after vocabulary of this album is done.
    Thank You very much for the link! Its weired as I even can't find russian on my computer, only languages like french, spanish, some scandinavian... but not one chirilic language.
    Of course I don't mind if You correct my macedonian, I am happy that You're willing to do that. Thank You very much!

I still have to read a few more sites here in this thread, so to prevent to ask questions that are allready asked and discused.

A few questions considering vocabulary and synonyms:

Is ther a noun for сакат like љубов? It is used to say want and love right?

Are this synonyms:
    пристигнеш = дојдеш or does the 1st means arriving and the 2nd coming?
    бакат = љубат

You corrected my sentens this way:
    Сакам да го учам македонскиот јазик.

How would You translate го ? Would it be correct if I would have wrote it this way?:
    Сакам да учам македонски.

Last question, is гордана a macedonian name, as the word горда is not used (at least I don't know from) in serbo-croatian.

Thats all for now

Thanks in advance!

10. Zoka said:

Quote Originally Posted by nickname778 View Post
    Hmm in Windows XP it's FYRO Macedonian, maybe you can find it with this name.
    Thanks for the hint, I also checked it this way but without success...

pthalo said:

"go" means "it" or "him" and it's the short form of nego. It's like "ga" in Croatian. In Macedonian there is double accusative, you say "I want to learn it Macedonian language" when in English you would just say "I want to learn Macedonian". You use "go" (and "ja" for her) whenever you use the definite article. go učam jazikot (I'm learning the language). učam jazik (I'm learning a language). So yes, your sentence "sakam da učam makedonski" is correct too.

also, in Macedonian whenever you have a verb in first personal singular present tense, the vowel is always "a". Učam, učiš, uči, učime, učite, učat. mislam, misliš, misli, mislime, mislite, mislat.

I don't know the other answers to your questions... but Windows 2000 is really old! You may have to download a language pack from Microsoft's website, if they still have them for Windows 2000.
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

12. Zoka said:

Hello phtalo, thank You very much for Your answers!

I thought that it means "go" but wasn't sure as I didn't know that in Macedonian is double accusative used, so it sounded a bit weired when I have translated it as "it/him" so I asked

Okey, so You ment if the noun is feminin we using "ja" instead of "go"?
    Sorry, maybe a stupid question but where is here the definite article? Because You said "You use "go" (and "ja" for her) whenever you use the definite article." So the OT-ending in Makedonskiot is the definite article?

Okey, got the verb-thing

And yes, w2000 is old, but so far I didn't get the feeling that I am missing somthing with it, till now...

Thanks again! Puno ti hvala!
    Pozdrav

Måneblomst said:

Question

I have a question that doesn't concern song lyrics, I didn't know where to post it, so I'm posting it here, I hope there's no problem

how do you say happy birthday in Macedonian?
    and "hope that you have a nice day?" or something like that?

thanks
    Twój świat kręci się wokół mnie
    En pige danser i flammernes skær
    Måneblomst hun danser som den varme vind og ulvene hyler i nat ★

pthalo said:

@Zoka: yeah, the -ot ending is the definite article (masculine). and yes, ja is like je in Croatian. "Ja sakam pesnata" = I like the song. In Croatian you either say "Volim je" or "Volim tu pjesmu" but in Macedonian you say it like "Volim je pjesmu" And the word order is different: in Croatian you can't start a sentence with "ga" or "je" but in Macedonian you do.

Definite articles in Macedonian:

masculine:
    jazik = jezik
    jazikot = taj jezik (the language, I know taj isn't the same as "the" but you don't have definite article in Croatian)
    jazikov = ovaj jezik
    jazikon = onaj jezik

feminine:
    pesna = pjesma
    pesnata = ta pjesma
    pesnava = ova pjesma
    pesnana = ona pjesma

neutral:
    srce = srce
    srceto = to srce
    srcevo = ovo srce
    srceno = ono srce

pozzz ))

@Maneblomst: happy birthday is Среќен роденден (Srekjen rodenden).

Have a nice day can be „Имај убав ден!“ (Have a beautiful day) or „Се надевам дека ќе имаш прекрасен ден“ (I hope you will have a beautiful day).
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

15. Zoka said:

Thumbs up

Thank You so much pthalo!!!

Great explaination, and thanks for the examples in croatian, this helps very much for understanding

I'll have to build some sentence out of it, to practie it a bit what You have teached me, hope I find the time somwhere later today... will post it when job is done.

благодарам што ме учаш

Take care!

pthalo said:

Uvijek

Lakše je da naučiš jezik ako tražiš sličnosti između hrvatskog i makedonskog...ima mnogo stvari koji su slični, sa sitnim razlikama. Naravno ima neke stvari koji su potpuno drugačije, kao i ovaj određeni član, i mnogo riječi, ali ipak nije kao učiti japanski.

Sretno!

Måneblomst said:

Quote Originally Posted by pthalo View Post

@Maneblomst: happy birthday is Среќен роденден (Srekjen rodenden).

Have a nice day can be „Имај убав ден!“ (Have a beautiful day) or „Се надевам дека ќе имаш прекрасен ден“ (I hope you will have a beautiful day).
    Thanks a lot
    Twój świat kręci się wokół mnie
    En pige danser i flammernes skær
    Måneblomst hun danser som den varme vind og ulvene hyler i nat ★

pthalo said:

нема на што - you're welcome

i'm little one said:

Здраво како сте?jас не бев тука долго време но гледам што имате нови вести и нов човек тукаМислам скоро сега светот ке знае и ке зборува исклучиво по македонски Мило ми е ако ке биде онака

First i want to say welcome to Zokabelieve me after this thread Macedonian ll be clear for u day after day(and night after night))as long as im learnin it i noticed that its not hard language just u must speak in it and then ull learn it so easy,so wish u good luck

голем поздрав

pthalo said:

хеј, здраво Малечко! Што правиш?

Во право си, македонски не е тежок јазик, посебно ако веќе знаеш некој славенски јазик. Мислам дека е вториот најлесен јазик кој имам научено. (Јазикот на глувонеми беше полесно)