Learning Macedonian language - учиме македонскиот јазик

Thread: Learning Macedonian language - учиме македонскиот јазик

Tags: None

Lydia_the angel said:

You are welcome I'm glad I actually helped and more glad you have connections with our people I truly support your friendship:-)
    Btw, just in case the word "understand" is "razbira" (разбира), but if the word you looked for goes with this "understanding" thing :-) maybe it is the one I mentioned, hehe. Oh, just saw your PM, so I will reply to you right away
    The icon lamp has brighten the sky
    white aureole are knitting the angels for you
    your star extinguished, as soon as I found you, you left
    ***TOŠE FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS***

Nur_Demir said:

Lydia, thank you!! Yes i was going from serbian to macedonian. I am trying to get used to the cyrillic letters as I know when I visit the area in march it will help me to know what they are .. I am hoping to visit Tose gravesite (if I can find it) and croatia and serbia, I am thinking 11 days is enough .. but if not then I will cancel my 11 days in istanbul and just visit the 3 balkan countries instead ..
    hugssssssss

ps: is it the sounds for the words that I got wrong? was I using the wrong sounds? it will help me understand better ..
    thanks again for helping me.
    Last edited by Nur_Demir; 10-14-2008 at 07:25 PM. Reason: thought of a question.
    Ostani do kraj,
    cekaj go denot nov sto se budi,
    ljubi me i znaj,
    ti si se sto sakam jas.

Lydia_the angel said:

You are welcome dear I'm glad you are learning the languages and support you in it totally:-) Also it's great pleasure to know you will be visiting Macedonia, I wish you to have nice stay wherever you go:-)
    About our angel's graveyard, don't worry, you can't miss it. Since Krushevo is small city and also Tose's grave is visited each day by hundreds and thousands of people, so you will know the way. You just need to ask the way to the graves at all..Then you can't miss it..Because it is not an ordinary one, you will see it and feel Tose's spirit right away, the place is full with flowers, gifts, messages, it is pretty colorful one and made as a small house of love. Here's just a small part of it Think the one on the pic is the famous singer Zdravko Colic
    http://www.mmm.com.mk/WBStorage/Arti...BC2232AC67.jpg

P.S. Yes, you used different letters and sounds at all, in some cases, like ѓ instead of џ, or с instead of ш, ц instead of ч, x instead of ј and in one lj, we write only in Latin texts and in Cyrillic it is љ :-) Hope I helped :-p

Take care, xxx

Nur_Demir said:

Lydia,
    yesssssssssss .. thank you now I understand .. I was mixing up my letters and sounds .. duuuuuuuuuuuuh .. is it better to use just the sounds or just the letters? the way my brain works .. LOL .. i can get myself confused very easily .. Is it easy to drive in between the 3 countries I plan on visiting? or take a bus/train? I will need to make sure I do not need visa's etc .. LOL .. I still have plenty of time to figure it out .. hehehe ..
    Ostani do kraj,
    ljubi me i znaj,
    ti si se sto sakam jas.

Lydia_the angel said:

You are welcome;-) It is pleasure to help you:-)
    Well, in the Macedonian language for every sound there is a letter
    So you were mixing the sounds, therefor their form- the letter as well
    About the traveling, I don't know with the visa things, since first don't know where you live and if those countries where you will be going will require a visa or not. For further information you must ask the customs service there in your land. You can drive with car, but also can take bus or train to some places, but first you must get enough information about the way and the documents if necessary:-)
    Wish you good luck and let me know what will come out at the end

Nur_Demir said:

thanks again Lydia!! I live in the USA, but will be travelling on my british passport. I looked on the internet for all the countries and I can get a visa at the passport check points .. so yeaaaaaaaaaaa .. and on looking at distances it would appear that all the countries are within about a 600km radius of each other. I believe everything is in km in the balkan countries. Here in the usa we still use miles .. hehe .. so 600km is not that far .. )
    Ostani do kraj,
    ljubi me i znaj,
    ti si se sto sakam jas.

Sochko said:

Quote Originally Posted by karolinaa_pl View Post
    Thanks! Really, I thought it was supposed to be a word meaning 'understand', so i guess it was svaten
    Actually, it is sfaten. Greetings!
    'I have a cane and I know how to use it.'

8. roshel18 said:

i'm trying to find some translations for macedonian words into english, at Idividi lexikon, but on the most the unswer begins with: "nema...", which i understand as about: "there is no...". what could be the reason to it? i thought maybe it's BCS i don't write the basic right form of the word ? or what? maybe the reason conect's with regisration to this site (i thoght it's free).
    BTW i ahve about the same problem with EUDICT (Serbian online dicionary)
    could you tell me some revealing explanation or edvice about it?
    many thanks already now

Lydia_the angel said:

Hello from here as well Well, I can guess that the problem appears because maybe you write the word incorrectly, specially when you are using Latin letters.
    As you can see when you write with Latin letters on the dictionary panel they appear as you have written them with Cyrillic.
    Thus, it might be a problem because we have some letters for which we use two letters for one while written in Latin, such as lj(љ), kj(ќ), ch(ч), sh(ш), dz(џ), nj(њ) etc.
    So I would suggest you to try with Cyrillic letters, so there will be less chances for
    such problems to appear. In this case if you don't get the meaning of the word it might be because it doesn't exist in the very dictionary or it doesn't exist as such.
    You may try with this little tip and let me know what will happen, and if there are some words that you can't find feel free to post them here and I will help you gladly

Take care, xxx

10. roshel18 said:

Dear Lydia i'll try your advice and let see... many thanks

Lydia_the angel said:

No problem I will be happy if you find it helpful If you still have troubles don't hesitate to write some of the words you need here

Take care, xxx

Sochko said:

Quote Originally Posted by roshel18 View Post
    i'm trying to find some translations for macedonian words into english, at Idividi lexikon, but on the most the unswer begins with: "nema...", which i understand as about: "there is no...". what could be the reason to it? i thought maybe it's BCS i don't write the basic right form of the word ? or what? maybe the reason conect's with regisration to this site (i thoght it's free).
    BTW i ahve about the same problem with EUDICT (Serbian online dicionary)
    could you tell me some revealing explanation or edvice about it?
    many thanks already now
    The Idividi dictionary is programmed to automatically switch the letters/punctuation marks where the letters of Macedonian alphabet are set, into Cyrillic letters. However, it uses a bit older system, the newer keyboards, i.e. computers, have changed the places of the letters. For example, I used to have our ж on the ` sign, but now it is on the \ (of course, this becomes the case when you set Macedonian language on your computer). So, to get back to my point, to use the Idividi dictionary you need to know the following: њ is w, љ is q, џ is x, ш is shift + [, ѓ is shift + \, ч is shift + `, ж is `. The rest of them are the same, as transformed from Cyrillic into Latin letters, eg. г is g, ц is c, etc.
    Now,for instance, if you want to look for the word "коњ" (horse), you would type "kow", or if you look for, say, "ѓон", you type "|on" on Idividi, and so on. Of course, don't forget to set the Makedonski-English option first. =)

I hope I was clear enough for you. Whatever doubt you have, don't hesitate to ask me. You can also PM me at any time. ;-)

Greetings.

13. roshel18 said:

hello sochko, thank you for trying to help me. i did as you wrought and it came out not exactly as you describe, but a little bit different. wile i asked
    "kow" - the answer was: "cognac". or wile i asked "ion" - the answer was not as expected but close to it. maybe the reason to it is that my computer is not i.e. but some else or older. (i don't know what does it mean i.e.) ???
    (i set macedomian language on my computer and did not forget to set makedonki-english). anyway, i'll try again with onother words when i'll need and thanks again.
    Last edited by roshel18; 10-26-2008 at 09:42 AM.

14. Александар said:

Hello can anyone help me to learn macedonian, i know to read and write very well but i am hopless with putting the sentence in the correct order and using the correct wording, I have trouble using the correct word in a sentence. If anyone is will to help, thankyou

Lydia_the angel said:

Quote Originally Posted by Александар View Post
    Hello can anyone help me to learn macedonian, i know to read and write very well but i am hopless with putting the sentence in the correct order and using the correct wording, I have trouble using the correct word in a sentence. If anyone is will to help, thankyou
    Hello Aleksandar Nice name you have, reminds me of Alexander the Great
    I'm willing to help you learn Macedonian and if you have some doubts or questions about something you are not sure about, feel free to post them here:-)
    I see you have written your name very well So, I'm sure you also read very well If you have some particular sentences you wish to practice with, try first yourself and if corrections are needed I will help you gladly.
    Hope to see some of your homework soon

Take care, xxx

Sochko said:

Zdravo Aleksandar!

The same that Lydia mentioned in the previous post, goes for me too!
    I am also here for any help you need. You can send me a private message whenever you need help. You can also try writing some of your posts in Macedonian, so that you could practise it better.
    Where are you from, by the way?

17. Александар said:

Red face hello

Hello,
    I am from australia.

Can you please tell me what they mean by when they say: of of aman

??

Thankyou

Здраво,
    Јас сум од Австралија.
    што е оф оф аман?

Фала
    Last edited by Александар; 11-17-2008 at 04:48 AM.

Lydia_the angel said:

Hello again and nice to meet you
    First to tell you that the sentences you've written are correct!:-)Bravo
    Regarding the question, I assume you have heard them mainly in the folk songs, and I will try to explain the meaning of the words.
    "Of" is an exclamation used in different occasions, while being in some kind of a pain, so it's analogous on the English ones (oh, ouch, dear me, oh my, etc)
    "Aman" is also an exclamation so can't be translated literally but usually these two goes together in the folk songs to exclaim groan.
    If you understand Macedonian well, next time I can write to you on it so that you can practice better

Се надевам дека малку ти помогнав, ако имаш други прашања, тука сум

Поздрав !

rsiscar said:

This is so nice, since i've been wanting to learn as much slavic languages as possible. I'm learning bulgarian and russian right now. I enjoy comparing the difference between languages.
    Last edited by rsiscar; 11-23-2008 at 03:19 PM.

Lydia_the angel said:

Quote Originally Posted by rsiscar View Post
    This is so nice, since i've been wanting to learn as much slavic languages as possible. I'm learning bulgarian and russian right now. I enjoy comparing the difference between languages.
    Hello rsiscar and welcome to the Macedonian forum I'm glad you like it, and hope this thread will be helpful for you If you have some questions you can freely post them here. It will be our pleasure to help you

Greetings, xxx