Learning Macedonian language - учиме македонскиот јазик

Thread: Learning Macedonian language - учиме македонскиот јазик

Tags: None

pthalo said:

Default Learning Macedonian language - учиме македонскиот јазик

Овде можамо да учиме македонскиот јазик.

Here we can learn Macedonian, and practice writing in Macedonian and people can correct our mistakes and teach us about grammar and words and stuff.

Јас не можам да учим никој затоа што уште не зборувам македонски.

I can't teach anyone Macedonian because I don't speak it yet.

И овде ги пишам линките за учење које собиравмe:

I'll write the links we've collected so far for learning here:

http://www.utoronto.ca/slavic/macedonian/index.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedonian_language
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedonian_grammar
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedonian_pronouns
    http://mk.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%93%...B7%D0%B8%D0%BA
    http://www.idividi.com.mk/recnik/
    http://books.google.com/books?id=Rxa...ddJtqQ#PPP1,M1

alphabet:

а б в г д ѓ е ж з ѕ и ј к л љ м н њ о п р с т ќ у ф х ц ч џ ш

а - a like father
    б - b like book
    в - v like very
    г - g like girl (never like gem)
    д - d like dog
    ѓ - gj like "g" in argue?
    е - e like wet
    ж - zh like s in pleasure
    з - z like zoo
    ѕ - dz - like hea_ds_
    и - i - like we
    ј - j like yellow
    к - k like king
    л - l like like
    љ - lj lik million
    м - m like mom
    н - n like now
    њ - nj like kenya
    о - o like coat
    п - p like pizza
    р - r like road, rolled like in most slavic languages
    с - s like see
    т - t like talk
    ќ - kj like cute
    у - u like moon
    ф - f like fairy
    х - h like hot
    ц - c like stree_ts_
    ч - č like church
    џ - dž like judge
    ш - š like ship
    Last edited by pthalo; 08-14-2008 at 05:08 PM.
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

Nur_Demir said:

give it time!! listen to Toše Macedonian songs .. it will come .. I have been learning Croatian-Serbian and Turkish for a little over a year now, and it is finally taking hold .. hehe ..
    Ostani do kraj,
    cekaj go denot nov sto se budi,
    ljubi me i znaj,
    ti si se sto sakam jas.

pthalo said:

yeah, i've been listening. Also I really like Јован Јованов, especially the song Во Право Си that I found on youtube. I downloaded a bunch of Тоше's songs that have nice lyrics (well they're all nice, but certain ones resonate with me more than others). And a friend linked me to a site with lots of Macedonian songs. Downloaded a bunch of love songs.

Songs:

http://www.radiomk.com/Mp3_Download_..._1_5_ewrrwasd/
    Last edited by pthalo; 08-15-2008 at 12:07 PM.
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

Sochko said:

Aaaaaaaah, so you have opened the threaaaaaaaaaad. I'm so proud of you folks! Prekrasni ste! By the way, pthalo, your Macedonian is so far sooo good. =) One question: Would you bother if I corrected your little mistakes, just to help you learning it more properly? Thanks. =)

P.S. Учиме македонски (not: македонскиот) јазик. We have a double object represented by a short form of the object pronoun and the suitable suffix, depending on the gender. It would be either: Учиме македонски јазик, or Го учиме македонскиот јазик. In the first case we can talk about an indefinite object, while in the latter about a definite object.

But I really don't want to confuse you with tones of information from the beginning, I'll leave a space for you to accommodate a bit to the language. =)

By the way, have you mastered the Macedonian alphabet already? If you wonder how particular letters are pronounced, check this site out: http://macedoniadirect.com/azbuka.htm

You just click on the letter and there you go-a pronunciation. =)

If any doubts, let me know. You can also PM me for anything you need.
    'I have a cane and I know how to use it.'

pthalo said:

Ањесо -- silly keyboard--, awesome, thanks for the corrections. I really need them because otherwise I won't know what I'm doing wrong, so it's really appreciated, please do correct me when you have time.

And yeah, I'm still having problems with definite articles, when I write longer things, instead of writing "твојата мачка" i'll write "твоета мачка" (remembering gender for the член but forgetting for rest of the word) or "твојата мачката" (putting the член in both places). Or I forget the double object. I'll get it though.

I think I'm getting the alphabet down, but I still read slowly in cyrillic because it's not my native alphabet. I read Serbian cyrillic like a 2nd grader in elementary school, but I'm getting better. And going from Serbian to Macedonian cyrillic isn't too hard because there's only a few new letters to learn.

Is ѓ pronounced like Serbian ђ or is it a slightly different sound? i haven't been able to figure that out by hearing yet. I know ќ is different from ћ and I'm glad because I can't pronounce ћ yet.

If I don't know a word and write the Serbian word instead, will Macedonians understand me?
    Last edited by pthalo; 08-14-2008 at 05:03 PM.

Sochko said:

Quote Originally Posted by pthalo View Post
    Ањесо -- silly keyboard--, awesome, thanks for the corrections. I really need them because otherwise I won't know what I'm doing wrong, so it's really appreciated, please do correct me when you have time.
    ok then, I will =)

And yeah, I'm still having problems with definite articles, when I write longer things, instead of writing "твојата мачка" i'll write "твоета мачка" (remembering gender for the член but forgetting for rest of the word) or "твојата мачката" (putting the член in both places). Or I forget the double object. I'll get it though.
    You will get it, in time you will... =)

Is ѓ pronounced like Serbian ђ or is it a slightly different sound? i haven't been able to figure that out by hearing yet. I know ќ is different from ћ and I'm glad because I can't pronounce ћ yet.
    Actually, NO. Our ѓ is not pronounced like Serbian ђ. Our ѓ is more retracted in the mouth, closer to the glottis (Sorry I'm going too much into professionalism :P). I wanted to tell you, actually, that on the page I linked you the ќ isn't properly pronounced. It sounds more like the Serbian one. Unfortunately, that is the only link I could find where a sound files were given.

If I don't know a word and write the Serbian word instead, will Macedonians understand me?
    They will, don't worry.

pthalo said:

сјајно, фала.

кои се ваши омилени песни на македонски?

Сега мои се:
    Јован Јованов - Во право си
    Мизар - во мојот сон
    Тоше - Соба за тага, Лошо ти стои, илузија, студена, во коси да ти спијам...
    Тања Ангелова - Само тебе те сакам
    Архангел - Радост
    Игор Узунов - Ми требаш како молитва

Vlada said:

Here you are
    It will be nice if someone shows some basics and grammar because I understand everything that you said but I want to speak some Macedonian.
    And it will be great if it would be on serbian becuse everybody here knows it and it will be nice to see differences and similarity...
    Bla bla, my tongue hurts of speaking

pthalo said:

i meni zanima, da li ima (besplatan) srpsko-makedonski rečnik na internetu negde? i da li ima nešto websajt gde popisuje razlici između srpskog i makedonskog? već sam primetila mnogo stvari, ali sam još vrlo u početku (učim makedonski od 4 avgusta, i srpski od 10 marta). i da li neko zna gde se može skidati pravopis za fajrfoks za makedonski jezik? jer bi bilo lakše pisati da vidim kada nešto loše pišem (na primer, ako pišem кажем umesto кажам).

и јас сум заинтересирна, дали има бесплатан српски-македонски речник на интернет некаде? И дали има нешто вебсајт каде ги попишуваат разликите помеѓу српски и македонски јазики? Веќе наоѓав многу работи, а сум уште навистина многу на почекотот. (Учим македонски од 4 август и српски од 10 март). Дали некој знае каде се може download спелчекер за фајрфакс за македонски јазик? затоаа што ќе пишав полесно, ќе видам кога лошо пишам. (например, ако пишам "кажем" наместо кажам).

(I think that's the most complicated thing I've ever tried to write in Macedonian)

Sochko said:

Here you are my dear:

* Здраво = Hello
    * Добар ден = Good day
    * Добро утро = Good morning
    * Добра вечер = Good evening
    * Добродојде / добродојдовте = Welcome
    * Чао = Bye

* Како си / сте? = How are you?
    * Како е? = What's up?
    * Добар(male)/добра(female) сум, како си ти / сте вие? = I'm good, how are you?
    * Добро сум, благодарам = I'm fine, thank you
    * Јас сум добар(male)/добра(female), а ти / вие? = I am good, and you?

* Јас се викам Х/Моето име е Х = My name is X
    * Како се викаш / викате? = What is your name?
    * Мило ми е што те / ве запознав = Nice to meet you
    * Од каде си / сте? = Where are you from?
    * Јас сум од Скопје= I am from Skopje

Notes:

* Macedonian makes a distinction between singular you and plural you, and, as with many European languages, the plural is used to show respect to someone who you don't know/haven't met, i.e. when you want to be polite. Ex., Како си? = Second person singular/The informal way; Како сте? = Second person plural/The formal, polite way.

* The stress of each word is placed on the antepenultimate (third to last) syllable, with few exceptions(international words, borrowings mainly)

For example, добрoдојдовте is pronounced dobrodóidofte; здраво is pronounced zdravo.

Sochko said:

i meni zanima, da li ima (besplatan) srpsko-makedonski rečnik na internetu negde? i da li ima nešto websajt gde popisuje razlici između srpskog i makedonskog? već sam primetila mnogo stvari, ali sam još vrlo u početku (učim makedonski od 4 avgusta, i srpski od 10 marta). i da li neko zna gde se može skidati pravopis za fajrfoks za makedonski jezik? jer bi bilo lakše pisati da vidim kada nešto loše pišem (na primer, ako pišem кажем umesto кажам).

и јас сум заинтересирна, дали има бесплатен српско-македонски речник на интернет некаде? И дали има нешто вебсајт каде ги пишуваат разликите помеѓу српскиот и македонскиот јазик? Веќе наоѓав многу работи, а сум уште навистина многу на почекотот. (Учам македонски од 4 август и српски од 10 март). Дали некој знае каде може да се најде download спелчекер за фајрфакс за македонски јазик? затоаа што ќе пишував полесно, ќе видам кога лошо пишувам. (на пример, ако пишам "кажем" наместо кажам).
    Никогаш не сум слушнала за спелчекер за македонски, но ќе се обидам да се распрашам и ќе ти кажам.

(I think that's the most complicated thing I've ever tried to write in Macedonian)
    И супер беше, со оглед на тоа дека учиш од 4 август! Вчудоневидена сум! Одлично. =)

Edit: Ти ги исправам грешките со bold.

Sochko said:

I'll be posting other phrases and grammar basics as well, I can't do it all in one post. =)

Sochko said:

Prepositions:

Без = without
    близу = near
    додека, до = to, until
    долж = along
    под = under
    пред = in front of
    зад = behind
    помеѓу = between
    над = on top of, above, over
    вон = outside of, beyond
    кон = toward
    кај = at
    покрај = by, beside, near, alongside
    накрај = at the end of
    низ = through
    меѓу = among, between
    на = on, at
    наместо/место = instead of, in place of
    наспроти, спроти = opposite
    низ = downwards
    за = about
    од = from, since
    околу = around, about
    освен = except
    по = per, by
    после, по = after
    преку = above, over, beyond
    при = at, over, by
    против = against
    поради = because of, for the sake of
    со = with, by
    слично = similar, like
    сред = midst, in the middle
    дури = even, while
    во = in
    наспроти = in defiance of
    внатре = inside, within
    за = for, after
    заради = because of, due to
    зашто = because, since

Sochko said:

сјајно, фала.

кои се ваши омилени песни на македонски?
    Моментално оваа:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssmoC9TIIrM

Vlada said:

This is great!
    I da li se stvarno kaže ПИШАМ и ПОПИШУВАТ

Lydia_the angel said:

Wow I'm glad to see you have opened the thread we spoke about:-) Bravo!!!
    That's really nice You have also started with lessons, even better
    Well, I want you to know that I'm here as well if you need some guide and
    help in learning Macedonian and of course feel free to ask about anything you have doubts about:-)
    I just came for a brief moment, next time I will post my favorite Macedonian songs as well

P.S. Dear Vlada, пишам ( пишувам is more literary)- means "I'm writing", and попишува means "to note down, to enrol " etc :-)
    The icon lamp has brighten the sky
    white aureole are knitting the angels for you
    your star extinguished, as soon as I found you, you left
    ***TOŠE FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS***

pthalo said:

фала лепо за исправка и охрабруванње! Пописот од предлози е многу корисен. Воопшто дали се користат предлози како и на српски? например „во„ = „у„, „со„ = „са„, „помеѓу„ = „између„ итн?

Сочко, ти омилената песна е убава

Hvala lepo za ispravku i ohrabrenje! Ovaj popis predloga je mnogo koristan. Uopšte da li se koriste predlozi kako i na srpskom? Na primer "vo" = "u", "so" = "sa", "pomegju" = "između", itd?

Sočko, tvoja omiljena pesma je lepa

Sochko said:

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia_the angel View Post

P.S. Dear Vlada, пишам ( пишувам is more literary)- means "I'm writing", and попишува means "to note down, to enrol " etc :-)
    Всушност не сум сигурна дека зборот „попишува“ постои како таков. Ако постои, тогаш мене ми изгледа дека значи „прави попис“ (во продавница, на пример), а глаголот "note down" e „запишува“, не „попишува“. ;-)

Sochko said:

Многу фала за исправката и охрабрувањето! Листата на предлози е многу корисна. Дали воопшто се користат предлози и на српски? на пример „во„ = „у„, „со„ = „са„, „помеѓу„ = „између„ итн?

Доста често се користи „у“ наместо „во“, но не е литературно. Сепак, доста се употребува. „Измеѓу“ исто така се користи. „Са“ не.

Sochko said:

Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    This is great!
    I da li se stvarno kaže ПИШАМ и ПОПИШУВАТ
    Ha-ha. Very funny. :P

„Попишуват“ не постои.

„ПИШАМ“ (1 л. еднина) е од глаголот „ПИШУВАМ“, којшто е несвршен глагол. (свршениот е „напишa“).

Претпоставувам колку смешно ти звучи тебе... ;Р