Can anyone translate Saban Sazic Sale-Lovac na Novac

Thread: Can anyone translate Saban Sazic Sale-Lovac na Novac

Tags: None
  1. bUlGaRiAnGuRlViLiLofKoCe said:

Talking Can anyone translate Saban Sazic Sale-Lovac na Novac

Wow I really like this song and it's Serbian!
    It's a great song as you know the name is Lovac na Novac and I really would like to ask who could actually translate that for me please!!!

MayGoLoco said:

Smile Saban Sazic Sale - Lovac na Novac ~ Golddigger

Saban Sazic Sale - Lovac na Novac ~ Golddigger

Volio tebe sam ludo
    I loved you like crazy
    za druge bio sam slijep
    For others I was blind (did not look at other woman)
    a ti do bola zaljubljena
    But you're so in love, that it hurts (very in much in love)
    na prvi pogled u moj dzep
    At first sight on my pocket (my money)

Za moje srce, za moju dusu
    For my heart, for my soul
    brige te bilo nije
    You did not care
    i sada bas te briga
    And now you really don't care
    sto mi se narod smije
    That people laugh at me

Ref.
    Ti nisi zena, za sva vremena
    You're not a woman, for all time (forever)
    obican ti si lovac na novac
    You're just an ordinary golddigger
    odlazi, neka za tobom tugujem
    Leave, let me grief over you
    bolje je nego ljubav da kupujem
    That's better, than for me to buy love

Volio tebe sam ludo
    I loved you like crazy
    voljela nisi me ti
    You didn't love me
    Bolje da ljubav nikada nemam
    It's better that I never have love
    ako je moram kupiti
    If I have to buy it

Za moje srce, za moju dusu
    For my heart, for my soul
    brige te bilo nije
    You did not care
    i sada bas te briga
    And now you really don't care
    sto mi se narod smije
    That people laugh at me

Ref.

*** Lovac na novac = A hunter for money

3. Sazic85 said:

Wink Wow

This aint a "SERBIAN SONG" or "SERBIAN LANGUAGE" It's a "BOSNIAN SONG"

4. bUlGaRiAnGuRlViLiLofKoCe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sazic85 View Post
    This aint a "SERBIAN SONG" or "SERBIAN LANGUAGE" It's a "BOSNIAN SONG"
    oohh i am soooooo sorrry!!!!!!!!!
    I LOVE THE SONG!!!
    I am really sorry thought I didn't mean in anyway to discriminate Bosnia!!!!!
    I LOVE www.impulse.bg/user/Palaviq_Montior

MayGoLoco said:

No big deal bUlGaRiAnGuRlViLiLofKoCe, you couldn't have known that (it's all alike).
    But I think there was NO NEED FOR CAPS, haha

Adrienne said:

I think the same, there was no need for caps, and bUlGaRiAnGuRlViLiLofKoCe there is no need to say sorry. There is no such a difference. You could have mixed it with serbian dialect used in Montenegro - ijekavian, so it's not such a sin! After all, Bosnian language is what was made out of serbo-croatian language, so you couldn't have known.

Best regards,

Adrienne.
    Aconteceu
    Estava escrito assim
    Eu em você, você em mim
    Eu te encontrei
    Meu grande amor..

Da li cu ikad moci da sklopim oci a da tebe nema..?

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam!
    בועז, תתחתן איתי!

Acrylic said:

I think "Sazic85" may have been a little sarcastic.

All the countries may have a difference in dialect, but it's all the same language. I even catch myself calling it Yugoslavian a lot. Why should I call it differently?

Adrienne said:

The most important thing is that we understand each other
    Aconteceu
    Estava escrito assim
    Eu em você, você em mim
    Eu te encontrei
    Meu grande amor..

בועז, תתחתן איתי!

MayGoLoco said:

I guess it's easier for people to call it Yugoslavian, they don't know/hear the exact differences.
    Maybe Sazic85 didn't mean it like that, but the caps does come of as offensive. It could have been written down in another way.

pthalo said:

Could someone point out what the clues are in this song that it's Bosnian and not Croatian or ijekavski srpski? I can see that it's not ekavski srpski, but that's the only thing that's obvious to me after learning Serbian for six months. Beyond that...I understand all the words without having studied Bosnian specifically. Is it a certain word or phrase that's exclusive to Bosnian? How do you just look at it and know?

*radoznala* (Zanima mi razlike između vaših jezika)
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

MayGoLoco said:

I guess you could say by looking at the text, that it could either be Croatian or Bosnian (slijep, smije - slep, smeje in Serbian).
    There aren't specific/typical words in this song that suggest which language it is (Croatian or Bosnian).
    But if you listen to the song, you hear that the guy has a Bosnian accent.

pthalo said:

ah, cool, thanks. I haven't heard the song, and I'd need to hear the languages more to hear the differences in accent. I've mostly been exposed to the language in text format (and music).
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

MayGoLoco said:

You're welcome

14. bUlGaRiAnGuRlViLiLofKoCe said:

I guess you guys didn't understand.
    I did the caps thing just to show that I really like the song.
    I did not realize it would be such a big deal I mean its just a caps typed text.
    Well I'm happy that you guys took my apology. And ,yes, there wasn't a way for me to know because first I speak only a little Serbian and I don't speak the other languages like Yugoslavian or any of the sort. I am actually Bulgarian as you can tell by my name!!!!
    I LOVE www.impulse.bg/user/Palaviq_Montior

15. Sazic85 said:

Talking Haha

Somethink like that... There is a lil difference like... "LIJEPO" "LEPO" n "LIPO" don't you guys think... Oh well same thing! :-) It's just that i sometimes don't understand serbians when they speak... :-) Why is every1 gettin so upset, come on i was born in SERBIA, my father is CROATIAN n im 50% BOSNIAN :-) *muwaaah* love u guys

pthalo said:

Yes, but they say Lijepo in Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia and Montenegro, Lipo in Dalmatia (right? anywhere else?) and Lepo in Serbia. So if you hear "lepo", it's Serbian (or Slovene! But it's much easier to recognise Slovene because it's so different from the others), but if you just hear "lijepo" it's hard to know which it is.

Adrienne said:

Quote Originally Posted by bUlGaRiAnGuRlViLiLofKoCe View Post
    I guess you guys didn't understand.
    I did the caps thing just to show that I really like the song.
    I did not realize it would be such a big deal I mean its just a caps typed text.
    Well I'm happy that you guys took my apology. And ,yes, there wasn't a way for me to know because first I speak only a little Serbian and I don't speak the other languages like Yugoslavian or any of the sort. I am actually Bulgarian as you can tell by my name!!!!
    We weren't referring to you when we mentioned the caps thing. You misunderstood us now. And there is no Yugoslavian language :P

@Sazic - LIJEPO also exists in Serbian language (dialect, spoken in Montenegro and SOME areas in Serbia) so it's uite similair to Bosnian. There is a difference in some words of course, but not as much as to misunderstand each other.. We werent getting upset, but you could have said it in a nice way, right? greetings from Serbia
    Aconteceu
    Estava escrito assim
    Eu em você, você em mim
    Eu te encontrei
    Meu grande amor..

בועז, תתחתן איתי!

MayGoLoco said:

@ bUlGaRiAnGuRlViLiLofKoCe:
    Haha you're too sweet The caps thing was not meant for you.

@ Sazic85:
    The caps 'sounds' a bit offensive and bUlGaRiAnGuRlViLiLofKoCe was apologizing for nothing, really.
    I think it's a common mistake that a lot of people make (when they don't know which language it is).
    Noone's upset, I just thought that you could have written it without the caps.
    That would have made it 'sound' a lot nicer, that's all.

Acrylic said:

Yes, still, I wouldn't call them different languages, just different dialects. Though, its easier to call it srpski when speaking to Serbians, or bosanski when speaking to Bosnians, etc.

Interesting thing though, I was in Bar this July, and I saw Jelena Rozga perform by Dvorac Kralja Nikole. She must have been from Dalmacija because she said some really different stuff, like "Hvala lipo" and "Veliki pjesak" and stuff. ??

Adrienne said:

^ Oh I was at the same concert in Bar lol.. though for short time, didnt like it much :P
    Nisam obratila paznju na to, mislila sam da nije iz Dalmacije doduse...
    Aconteceu
    Estava escrito assim
    Eu em você, você em mim
    Eu te encontrei
    Meu grande amor..

בועז, תתחתן איתי!