Slavic Forum Divided - Please Post Your Requests In Appropriate Sub-forums

Thread: Slavic Forum Divided - Please Post Your Requests In Appropriate Sub-forums

Tags: None

Spring said:

Exclamation Slavic Forum Divided - Please Post Your Requests In Appropriate Sub-forums

Heya people,
    (or should I say Good morning Slavic Section! like "someone" nicely put it once? lol)

I guess you've noticed the new sub-forums (thanks Tania ATL!) where we will eventually move all topics that are related to the specific languages

Bulgarian / Macedonian
    Czech / Slovak / Slovene
    Polish
    Russian / Belarusian / Ukrainian
    Serbian / Croatian / Bosnian

Also, now each of the sub-forums has it's Lists of translated songs though I think we will need to make some changes in the massive SR/CR/BH list..

There's still a lot of topics to be moved in appropriate places but most of it is out there and I hope things will be simpler for everyone like this!

That's it... lollipop and me were plotting this for ages so I hope everyone is as happy as we are

velvet_sky said:

Yes it's very good idea I like it
    I think now everything will be much more easier to be find :]
    Tose Proeski - The Hardest Thing --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKRrADJ7j3E
    * Agapi mou gurna pisw, Mou Leipeis... :[

pthalo said:

Awesome, thanks for all your hard work guys.
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

MayGoLoco said:

It's more organized this way.
    Great job guys!

pthalo said:

yeah, it is. And now it's easier to find the topics you can reply to right away, since they're grouped logically by similar languages
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

Spring said:

Thanks! I'm glad you think it's useful! Happy posting!

MayGoLoco said:

The 'List Of All Translated Lyrics' in the 'Serbian / Croatian / Bosnian' section is really looking nice!!!
    It's going to be easy for people to find a song this way if you don't know if it's Serbian, Croatian of Bosnian.

pthalo said:

Svaka čast, Spring your hard work is appreciated

Spring said:

Thanks again! Though.. Im very much behind with the list... meaning that i have to add lyrics that were translated in the past 2 weeks or so..

And about SR/CR/BH God knows I always have a hard time figuring out which language is it lol but there's google so I investigate
    I honestly don't know whatever gave me the stupid idea to separate them in the first place
    Yep.. many of you can tell me now "I told you so" lol Starting with Adrienne who was the first to mention the list thing btw
    So.. especially the list isn't my doing only... And all the translations required hard work in which many of you were involved .. Most importantly, it's a fact I wouldn't bother with this place at all if there wasn't for so many great people around!
    I seriously think we have something universally wonderful on this forum!

Adrienne said:

Spring you did a wonderful job, as usual! I love new sub forums
    Aconteceu
    Estava escrito assim
    Eu em você, você em mim
    Eu te encontrei
    Meu grande amor..

Da li cu ikad moci da sklopim oci a da tebe nema..?

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam!
    בועז, תתחתן איתי!

Spring said:

Thanks Adrienne! Like I said other mods helped too!

Adrienne said:

Hehe I'm sure they did. Wonderful 'moderating team' we have here
    Aconteceu
    Estava escrito assim
    Eu em você, você em mim
    Eu te encontrei
    Meu grande amor..

Da li cu ikad moci da sklopim oci a da tebe nema..?

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam!
    בועז, תתחתן איתי!

velvet_sky said:

Really wonderful work
    And the moderators are great Doing a great job Bravo!
    Tose Proeski - The Hardest Thing --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKRrADJ7j3E
    * Agapi mou gurna pisw, Mou Leipeis... :[

14. testnick said:

There's one thing which confuse me.

Czech / Slovak / Slovene
    Serbian / Croatian / Bosnian

What ex Yugoslavian rebublic Slovenia have to do in same group with ex Czecho-Slovakian republic? We don't boarder neither understand each others.

Slovenians mostly understand Serbian / Croatian / Bosnian language and even some Serbian / Croatian / Bosnian understand Slovenian language however there's not any ties between Slovenia and ex Czecho-Slovakian republic, neither we understand each others.

Don't get me wrong, but we (Serbians, Croatians, Bosnians, Slovenians..) lived so long in same country, we're neighbours, we speak similair language, we mostly understand each other, and as I see some Serbian / Croatian / Bosnian even translate Slovenian songs into english but on board still appears divided into unrelated unpapropriate groups.

Another objection against this unapropriate grouping is also because there around are plenty songs singed by as example mixed slovenian/croatian duets, etc... and same song appear in both languages. Why it should not be also in same shared subforum group?

With all respect, making sub-forums for slavic languages seems like good idea, however it's made wrong. Serbians, Croatians, Bosnians, Slovenians.. listen same bands while we have no clue about Czech / Slovakian music.
    With same (un)logic you can throw Serbia into Russian / Belarusian / Ukrainian group and Croatia lets say some random Polish group or something like that. As you see, souch dividing have no sense and it don't serve to real purpose - to join similair languages into same goup.

And really, don't get me wrong, I didn't appear here to bash subforums idea - it's cool idea, however for me, as Slovenian, it's a pleasure to browse through familiar Serbian / Croatian / Bosnian subforum, reading lyrics of songs which I know and like, and not browsing throug strange Czech / Slovakian board.
    Last edited by testnick; 09-21-2008 at 12:16 PM.

Llovpu said:

I think it would be great to replace Slovenian to other Balkan Slavic languages..And Polish to Czech-Slovakian group.. These countries are neighbours and languages are included in group of West Slavonic languages..)

Athanatos said:

I confirm, that testnick is right about the slovenian language.
    May be it's time someone with administrative privileges must move slovenian to serbian/croatian/bosnian ?!?

Spring said:

Yes I also agree that Slovenian shouldn't be in the group, especially considering the classification of Slavic languages

* East Slavic, extant: Russian, Ukrainian, Rusyn (a language or a dialect of Ukrainian), and Belarusian
    * West Slavic, which further subdivides into:
    o Czech and Slovak
    o Upper and Lower Sorbian (minority languages in Germany)
    o Lechitic languages: Polish, Pomeranian/Kashubian, Silesian, and the extinct Polabian
    * South Slavic, which further subdivides into:
    o Western subgroup composed of Slovene and Serbo-Croatian (Croatian, Bosnian, Serbian, Montenegrin).
    o Eastern subgroup composed of Bulgarian and Macedonian

However, there is not so many threads about Slovenian lyrics and they would get lost in the SR-CR subforum.
    Maybe they could be moved into a separate subforum but that would probably leave the Czech/Slovak forum with just a few threads.. I would highly appreciate if someone could make a list here of Czech/Slovak threads from the current Czech / Slovak / Slovene subforum so that we could see how many of them is there and eventually see what to do with them..

18. testnick said:

"Western subgroup composed of Slovene and Serbo-Croatian (Croatian, Bosnian, Serbian, Montenegrin)."

Yes, this is it. There are even some mixed duets among slovenian, croatian, serbian, etc... singers.

hroldar said:

I understand a little Ukrainian. Some words are not clear. They are similar to slang. Sometimes funny. Very similar to the Russian language.

Як романтично пахне ковбаса
    І помідори в банці зашарілись,
    А в пляшечці, так тихо, як роса,
    Горілочка домашня причаїлась...
    I ніжно сало зваблює кільцем,
    I хліб наставив загорілу спину,
    Якщо ти млієш слухаючи це,
    Чому ж ти *лять не любиш Україну???

I do not understand that there is-
    ти *лять?

Llovpu said:

Quote Originally Posted by hroldar View Post
    I understand a little Ukrainian. Some words are not clear. They are similar to slang. Sometimes funny. Very similar to the Russian language.

Як романтично пахне ковбаса
    І помідори в банці зашарілись,
    А в пляшечці, так тихо, як роса,
    Горілочка домашня причаїлась...
    I ніжно сало зваблює кільцем,
    I хліб наставив загорілу спину,
    Якщо ти млієш слухаючи це,
    Чому ж ти *лять не любиш Україну???

I do not understand that there is-
    ти *лять?
    hehe.. so where are you from?) do you know Russian as well? if you do, it's quite surprising that you didn't hear this expressive world in Russian, or you just kidding asking this question? ) and besides it seems to be the offtop here)