Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 1467
  1. #121
    Moonderator panselinos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 219 Times in 166 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandarenee View Post
    these are on a friends profile...i am curious to know what tye say...ty in advance...

    τα λόγια σας μου κόσμος έγινε

    i ανήκει μόνο σε εσάς

    με το χαμόγελο σας έκλεψε την καρδιά μου
    στα μάτια σου την ψυχή μου παραδόθηκε
    τα λόγια σας μου κόσμος έγινε
    i αναπνέουν μόνο για εσάς, ανήκει μόνο σε εσάς
    είτε το θέλουμε είτε δεν το θέμα αυτό δεν είμαι δικός σας για πάντα δικά σας
    Errm... Written that way, it sounds odd. Your friend must have used an online translator.

  2. #122
    Junior Member Amandarenee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Lol

    I used an online translator to try to decipher it last night...i agree the wording is quite odd....i dunno
    Yes...I've eaten

  3. #123
    Moonderator panselinos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 219 Times in 166 Posts

    Well, bear in mind that online translators can't make accurate translations, and do not make difference between second person singular and second person plural pronouns. This is the reason why I assumed he used an online translator. Unless, of course, you use the formal form (which I seriously doubt).

    As written, it doesn't really make much sense.
    I presume, though this is mere guesswork on my part, that he meant to say "you stole my heart with your smile (?), I commended my soul to your eyes (?), your words became my world (?), I breath only for you (?), I belong to you only (?)..."
    Though it seems to be written by someone not quite familiar with Greek. Why don't you just ask him?

    What do you guys think of my "decipherment"? Alternative version anyone?

  4. #124
    Senior Member Fidelitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Help :)

    ΕΜΠΙΣΤΕΥΣΟΥ ΤΗΝ ΑΓΑΠΗ

    Can anyone write this is Latin characters please.

    Thanks!

  5. #125
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 12 Posts

    Default into english please...

    Please help me with the text below.I am trying to set up sth i downloaded and this is how i should do.here it is:

    Βάλτε τους νέους codes για τους Player που έχετε η πάρτε αυτόν που έχω και χρησιμοποιώ

  6. #126
    Senior Member catherini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks
    192
    Thanked 130 Times in 106 Posts

    Default Latin characters

    Quote Originally Posted by Fidelitas View Post
    ΕΜΠΙΣΤΕΥΣΟΥ ΤΗΝ ΑΓΑΠΗ

    Can anyone write this is Latin characters please.

    Thanks!
    Empisteusou tin agapi I believe it is pronounced Ebistevsou tin agapi

  7. #127
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    can i have a quick translation of this? just a short one... thanks...

    danke für alles mausii
    ich liebe diich
    abf x3

  8. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 280 Times in 159 Posts

    Translation in what language?

  9. #129
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    sorry... in english...

  10. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 280 Times in 159 Posts

    I don't think you're in the right place The text you wrote seems to be in German and this is the Greek section

    From my humble knowledge of German, the text says:

    Thank you for everything, mausii (this could be a name)
    I love you

    I have no idea what abf x3 could stand for in German.... you should address this question in the German Section of this forum

  11. #131
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    ahhhhhhhhhhhh lol... hahaha!!!... sorry...

  12. #132
    Senior Member angelxirina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 310 Times in 176 Posts

    Default help

    hello! i was wondering if someone could translate this for me in greek. i tried with a translator but it sounded odd:


    "In a kiss remained forever
    Our love sealed in a moment
    It was the light that brightened the way
    And today my lips are searching for you again."



    Thanks!

  13. #133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 214 Times in 149 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by angelxirina View Post
    hello! i was wondering if someone could translate this for me in greek. i tried with a translator but it sounded odd:


    "In a kiss remained forever
    Our love sealed in a moment
    It was the light that brightened the way
    And today my lips are searching for you again."



    Thanks!
    Hi angelxirina,
    The translation to this piece could be

    "In a kiss remained forever
    Σ' ένα φιλί παρέμεινε/παρέμεινα (?) για πάντα (the personal pronoun is missing, therefore I cannot be sure what/whom the "remained" refers to )
    Our love sealed in a moment
    η αγάπη μας σφραγίστηκε σ' ένα λεπτό
    It was the light that brightened the way
    ήταν το φως που φώτισε το δρόμο (it is not really nice to use words having the same stem (φως, φωτίζω) in the same sentence, but I cannot do otherwise here)
    And today my lips are searching for you again."
    και σήμερα τα χείλη μου ψάχνουν και πάλι για σένα

  14. #134
    Senior Member angelxirina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 310 Times in 176 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by boubou View Post
    Hi angelxirina,
    The translation to this piece could be

    "In a kiss remained forever
    Σ' ένα φιλί παρέμεινε/παρέμεινα (?) για πάντα (the personal pronoun is missing, therefore I cannot be sure what/whom the "remained" refers to )
    Our love sealed in a moment
    η αγάπη μας σφραγίστηκε σ' ένα λεπτό
    It was the light that brightened the way
    ήταν το φως που φώτισε το δρόμο (it is not really nice to use words having the same stem (φως, φωτίζω) in the same sentence, but I cannot do otherwise here)
    And today my lips are searching for you again."
    και σήμερα τα χείλη μου ψάχνουν και πάλι για σένα

    thank you!

  15. #135
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 214 Times in 149 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by angelxirina View Post
    thank you!
    You're welcome

  16. #136
    Member jms_grec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Smile help pls

    "gia to kalo mou, ospou den antexe sto telos to mialo mou. simera pirane nekro ton diplano mou, eno palevo gia na vro tn eauto mou"
    who help me? in english pls.pls.pls

  17. #137
    Moonderator panselinos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 219 Times in 166 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jms_grec View Post
    "gia to kalo mou, ospou den antexe sto telos to mialo mou. simera pirane nekro ton diplano mou, eno palevo gia na vro tn eauto mou"
    who help me? in english pls.pls.pls
    This actually is a part of a song.

    For my own good...
    Until my mind couldn't take it anymore
    Today they took away the man next to me, dead;
    While I struggle to find myself

    P.S. It's about drugs.

  18. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 214 Times in 149 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by panselinos View Post
    This actually is a part of a song.

    For my own good...
    Until my mind couldn’t take it anymore
    Today they took away the man next to me, dead;
    While I struggle to find myself
    Hi panselinos
    I think that your translation is better so I will erase mine

  19. #139
    Moonderator panselinos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 219 Times in 166 Posts

    Όχι, Μπουμπού μου, δεν θα το σβήσω. Όσο περισσότερο, τόσο το καλύτερο. :d

    Υ.Γ. ... Ε... Μα γιατί το έκανες αυτό;

  20. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 214 Times in 149 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by panselinos View Post
    Όχι, Μπουμπού μου, δεν θα το σβήσω. Όσο περισσότερο, τόσο το καλύτερο. :d

    Υ.Γ. ... Ε... Μα γιατί το έκανες αυτό;
    Εγώ έσβησα το δικό μου!
    Γιατί νομίζω ότι η μετάφρασή σου αποδίδει καλύτερα (και με λιγότερα λόγια) το σωστό νόημα.
    Το σωστό να λέγεται.
    Έχεις και ωραίο username!
    Don't worry!

Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Miscellaneous (not lyrics) SR/CR/BH <-> EN Translations
    By Spring in forum Learning Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian & Misc. translations
    Replies: 1323
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 02:36 PM
  2. Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Italian <-> English translations
    By Roberto_d in forum Learning Italian language & Misc. Translations
    Replies: 708
    Last Post: 07-01-2012, 12:31 PM
  3. I need the lyrics in english...
    By Galina in forum Spanish lyrics translation
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 12:41 AM

Posting Permissions