Lil Wayne

Thread: Lil Wayne

Tags: None
  1. 010marcel said:

Default Lil Wayne

any comments....hardest rapper alive!!

2. thia3125 said:

Wink Lil Wayne

I dont know about you guys but Lil wayne song the lollipop is off the hook when its playing on the club. This is one cool rapper that rocks the mic when he raps and the beat is awesome. If you have not heard His song you need to listen to it.

http://www.song-list.net/lilwayne/lollipop/tracks

peace ppls

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Hardest rapper alive eh?

I reckon Chuck D, Dr Dre, Redman or Busta Rhymes would have something to say about that...

Hardest = toughest OR hardest lyrically
    * Difference of opinion is not argument, only difference.
    * Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it sh*t
    * You are all individual, just like everyone else.

Inconsolable89 said:

i like him, and spacially this song Lollipop

bebestylee said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate_Worrier View Post
    Hardest rapper alive eh?

I reckon Chuck D, Dr Dre, Redman or Busta Rhymes would have something to say about that...

Hardest = toughest OR hardest lyrically
    Lil Wayne is Commercial...Far from hard.

I don't think they would have anything to say.....They aren't hard either.
    Chuck D is Old School
    Dr Dre mostly produces
    Redman went commercial
    and Busta...well...he's Busta!

As far as Hard Rappers...I would have to say Royce the 5'9, Joe Buddens, Joell Ortiz, Cuban Link and Remy Martin.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I'm so disappointed in you new rap guys, I'm like no why did he do that why? oh, no! diggity do that though? I'm MC so and so where is my ring tone though? see that ain't going to cut it long as I'm around, that goes for every person, place or thing that describes a noun, it's J-O-E double what I never did, whoever they feel can give me my first one then set a date, I'll be there like a young Mike Jack, Hip Hop prayed and God gave PUN right back!" - Joe Buddens "The Leak(Onslaught)" [Slaughter House]
    Last edited by bebestylee; 11-07-2008 at 08:49 AM.
    Dime cosas dulces para que cuando te las tengas que tragar, no te sepan tan amargas!!!

Ultimate_Worrier said:

It's not what they rap about it their record, they still have the same integrity they always had - Especially Chuck D - that makes them "hard"

bebestylee said:

It's not what they rap about it their record, they still have the same integrity they always had - Especially Chuck D - that makes them "hard"
    Actually it's exactly what they Rap about in their records that make them hard. That was the whole point of the first post about Lil Wayne. Once a rapper goes Commercial, he's not considered hard anymore ie: Meth and Red. And you keep bringing up Chuck D. Chuck is from Roosevelt Long Island. That's not the hood. He went to Adelphi University for Graphic Design before he started rapping. It wasn't until Def Jam picked him up that he went head deep into the game.

Hardest Rapper title belonged to those from the streets who earned their name on the streets. Biggie, Shakur, Cannibus, Eminem, Pun, Old 50, the list goes on.
    Dime cosas dulces para que cuando te las tengas que tragar, no te sepan tan amargas!!!

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Quote Originally Posted by bebestylee View Post
    Actually it's exactly what they Rap about in their records that make them hard. That was the whole point of the first post about Lil Wayne. Once a rapper goes Commercial, he's not considered hard anymore ie: Meth and Red. And you keep bringing up Chuck D. Chuck is from Roosevelt Long Island. That's not the hood. He went to Adelphi University for Graphic Design before he started rapping. It wasn't until Def Jam picked him up that he went head deep into the game.
    You're right and I'm wrong... Even after over 13 years of being into hip hip I know nothing...

I know exactly that it's what they rap about that makes the difference but what you have to realise is... I'm from Manchester - not the most hardened when it comes to crime or hardship - we have violence but it's not exactly the Bronx - yet I could rap like Fiddy or Biggy or Wiggy or Jazzy or whoever if I knew what I was talking about (ie, pick a subject)...

And why are you putting Chuck D down?

Yes he might have had a degree in graphic design and yes he's not from "da hood" but Eminem's a white kid from Detroit who wouldn't be half the rapper he is is Dre didn't get involved.

Chuck (along with NWA) helped to pioneer a socially concious movement in hip hop, Public Enemy were groundbreakers in a genere that was more about partying that the hairmetal bands (not that that's bad, hell, I'm drinking as we speak and it's 4pm... But I'm just saying that commercial or no, he still got it and Chuck's not exactly Will Smith when it comes to Rap.

Yes he might have been on GTA: San Andreas but frig me, I've got tons of integrity for metal but I'D go on a GTA game if they asked me to.

bebestylee said:

You're right and I'm wrong... Even after over 13 years of being into hip hip I know nothing...

I know exactly that it's what they rap about that makes the difference but what you have to realise is... I'm from Manchester - not the most hardened when it comes to crime or hardship - we have violence but it's not exactly the Bronx - yet I could rap like Fiddy or Biggy or Wiggy or Jazzy or whoever if I knew what I was talking about (ie, pick a subject)...

And why are you putting Chuck D down?

Yes he might have had a degree in graphic design and yes he's not from "da hood" but Eminem's a white kid from Detroit who wouldn't be half the rapper he is is Dre didn't get involved.

Chuck (along with NWA) helped to pioneer a socially concious movement in hip hop, Public Enemy were groundbreakers in a genere that was more about partying that the hairmetal bands (not that that's bad, hell, I'm drinking as we speak and it's 4pm... But I'm just saying that commercial or no, he still got it and Chuck's not exactly Will Smith when it comes to Rap.

Yes he might have been on GTA: San Andreas but frig me, I've got tons of integrity for metal but I'D go on a GTA game if they asked me to.
    Alright....one...your sarcasm is f**king awesome! I love it (i'm not being sarcastic..i'm being real...I really do love it!)...I don't care how many years you've been listening to it...I lived it. It's right down the street from me. I've gone to bboy shows...and seen a lot of these rappers live. I'm not putting Chuck D down...just saying he's not exactly considered 'Hard' anymore....actually last I heard...he's in politics now. but Chuck D will forever be a pioneer...and i'm a fan homie...

Eminem a white boy from Detroit that wouldn't be half a rapper if it wasn't for Dre!?! I'm gonna tone down my response and say do your research. Eminem was discovered in the Rap Olympics. One of the judges there was a Christopher Lee Rios also known to everyone as Big Moon Dawg, Big Punisher and later Big Pun. Big Pun went on the record to say that Eminem was one of the best lyricist that he's ever seen/heard. This coming from one of the best lyricist to be alive at the time. Dre just simply saw the potential and picked him up. The same way that Fat Joe saw Pun's potential and picked him up.

But why debate with you.....you have 13 years of Hip Hop under your belt.

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Quote Originally Posted by bebestylee View Post
    Alright....one...your sarcasm is f**king awesome! I love it (i'm not being sarcastic..i'm being real...I really do love it!)
    Thanks, I honed it arguing with idiots in the internet... not you mind, you seem real and that's worth a lot of points with me.

...I don't care how many years you've been listening to it...I lived it. It's right down the street from me. I've gone to bboy shows...and seen a lot of these rappers live. I'm not putting Chuck D down...just saying he's not exactly considered 'Hard' anymore....actually last I heard...he's in politics now. but Chuck D will forever be a pioneer...and i'm a fan homie...
    Well, I like that... And for what it's worth, I won't reply to the rest of your post out of sheer respect for your reply.

Obviously Manchester has it's share of diverse music but it's not exactly Detroit or Chicago or New York State so rap isn't going to be of that sort of Calibre (for feck's sake, we gave you Gaz Sampson of Bus Stop fame... Don't thank me, we know he's sh*t)...

I never said I was an expert, I just wanted to say I knew a bit about what I know... Obviously not as much as you but hell, I can only learn.

11. lewis said:

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by 010marcel View Post
    any comments....hardest rapper alive!!
    COME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
    hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hhehehehehehhehehehehehehehehehe
    hehehehehehehheheheheheheheh ehe
    hehehehehehhehehehehehehhehehehe

dude sorry if I laughed to loud (but that was hell funny) I don't mean to offend you

I remember when they said the saying about Will smith after a couple of hits, then he got into acting and forgot about singing for a while (an soundtracks tecnically don't count, ok!!!)

I mean, the guy was a fustrated-nobody rapper just a few month ago (not saying he wasn't famous<even though that the ones who started listening to him after "lollipop" would argue the contrary> but he never got ahead before)

and now he's "THE RAPPA". Have you ever seen live?????????? cuz I have nad guess what, he didn't seen to me like the Best Rapper Alive, not now, now today, not tomorrow.

I would even have him above
    LL cool-mercial J
    Em(white-@ss)inem
    Nas
    Jay Z
    André 3000
    Will.I.am.
    Flo-rida
    Lupe Fiasco
    Baby Bash
    50 Cent
    Fat Joe
    Young Jeezy
    T.I.
    Gemini

DAMN!!!!!!!!!! even the stup' PITBULL is better than him

and dont' get me wrong I like lil wayne but he's not the best, maybe the best comercially speaking thou

"Talib Kweli
    If skills sold, Talib Kweli would have been one of the most commercially successful rappers of his time. As it was, however, the earnest MC became one of the most critically successful rappers of his time, which dawned in the late '90s when he rapped alongside Mos Def and DJ Hi-Tek as part of the group Black Star."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iiu3eViGvi8

Inconsolable89 said:

too much hehes

eternalemo said:

i like lil wayne. his raps are well...funny. i love the way his voice sounds, very unique. altho, i have to admit, he does look like a wet rat.lol.
    there are others better than him as rappers but i jus like him as an artist.
    What is the cure for Cancer, Eric? The cure for death itself. The answer is immortality. By creating a legacy, by living a life worth remembering, you become immortal.--Amanda from Saw 2!

14. starlight1589 said:

SO TALENTED! i dont care what anyone says!

eternalemo said:

Woot!
    What is the cure for Cancer, Eric? The cure for death itself. The answer is immortality. By creating a legacy, by living a life worth remembering, you become immortal.--Amanda from Saw 2!

16. bpm1992 said:

i like lil wayne, and that says a lot considering i dont listen to much rap

eternalemo said:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bpm1992 View Post
    i like lil wayne, and that says a lot considering i dont listen to much rap
    yeah neither does my fiance

Lynx said:

This man is really gangsta

19. musiclovesryan said:

i prefer old school rap way more than the stuff produced today, but lil wayne has a way of growing on you and getting stuck in your head. love the funny metaphors in his raps...he's definitely a creative lyricist.

countingstars said:

Nope.. Lil' Wayne is not the real deal. Never gonna be no matter how hard he tries to be the best rapper alive.