Tags: None

Adrienne said:

Yes guys this place is quite addicting if you ask me
    Aconteceu
    Estava escrito assim
    Eu em você, você em mim
    Eu te encontrei
    Meu grande amor..

Da li cu ikad moci da sklopim oci a da tebe nema..?

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam!
    בועז, תתחתן איתי!

jandros said:

Quote Originally Posted by Laki View Post
    ... Angelo(meaning Messenger) ...
    You do have an interesting name though? How did that come about?
    Angelo is a good name, it has its own strength

I can't explain how I thought about my alias, it just assembled itself from random ideas. But first, the "J" is actually for my real name John, from the ancient Hebrew Johannes, meaning grace.

Janus was a Roman symbol for gateways, new beginnings, looking both east and west. I like the symbology, that there can always be something new and better, or that existing things can be improved. Never perfect, but made better in a small or big way.

Andros means courage, or courageous: Courage for new beginnings or to open gateways?

All of that is a little dramatic, but I like the idea.

As for Norse mythology, my favorite comic-book hero used to be Thor, with his hammer of thunder ... Loki is the adopted brother of Thor and also his main antagonist ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_(Marvel_Comics)

I've always been interested in mythology as a hobby, but the Norse legends are my favorite. So again, that's why I thought about it when I noticed your name
    Having problems with vertigo for 2-3 days ... it's temporary, a mild case and it will pass, but for now I can't stay on the computer as much as normal :-/ ...

Laki said:

Thats a good insight to your alias name jandros,very clever if you ask me & very well thought out too!
    I enjoy Greek mythology but I might look into the Norge side of it,it sounds very interesting!
    btw Thor may have his hammer of thunder,but Zeus casts bolts of lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne View Post
    Yes guys this place is quite addicting if you ask me

It certainly is Adrienne

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Quote Originally Posted by jandros View Post
    Laki, you're Greek? But your name also resembles a name in Norse mythology, "Loki". He was a little bit of a trickster, a shape-shifter and stuff like that
    He was also Pan in the Pagan religion, stolen by the Christians as *trumpet* SATAN!!
    * Difference of opinion is not argument, only difference.
    * Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it sh*t
    * You are all individual, just like everyone else.

Koukla said:

Ah Angelo is a nice name! Lakis is the nickname of many Gr names...I thought your name would be Kleovoulos (the who has a glorious will) as I know a guy with this name.

Laki said:

Quote Originally Posted by Koukla View Post
    Ah Angelo is a nice name! Lakis is the nickname of many Gr names...I thought your name would be Kleovoulos (the one who has a glorious will) as I know a guy with this name.
    Thanks for those kind words about my name Koukla
    I asked my mum the other day in regards to how 'Laki' came about and was told that she didnt like the name Angelo[reasons with-held] and told me she just adopted Laki from Aggelaki which they called me when I was a young fella.I didnt pursue the actual reasons as I didnt want to upset her but I think it relates back to when we were in Greece[holiday'n] in '77 & my grandfather[my dads dad] beat the living hell out of my younger brother & myself when we stayed with them.Bad memories

ps Whats the english translation for Kleovoulos? Never heard that name before?

Koukla said:

"The one who has a glorious will." It's ancient. Btw I was born in 1977 sorry
    If it helps, I also had some beating myself when I was small...I was a real brat )

Ultimate_Worrier said:

I'm giving up even saying hello in here... I really am.
    * Difference of opinion is not argument, only difference.
    * Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it sh*t
    * You are all individual, just like everyone else.

Laki said:

If it helps, I also had some beating myself when I was small...I was a real brat )
    I'll understand if we were brats Koukla , but the problem was that my Grand-dad just hated us because we're Aussie-Greeks[even though I was born in Greece]. Oh well thats history now,my bro & myself are waaaay over it.Thanx for trying to cheer me up though

btw I still enjoyed my time in Greece back then & hopefully visit sometime next year

Koukla said:

I know very few Aussie Greeks and only online friends. Where in Greece are you from?

Laki said:

I know very few Aussie Greeks and only online friends. Where in Greece are you from?
    I came to Australia when I was 1yr old.My Dad is from Sparta & my Mum from Patra, both located in Peloponnesos.I gather by the name 'Koukla' you're Greek yourself,no? Where are you from?Ankara?Thessaloniki?

Koukla said:

I love Patra, been there twice. Eimai tourkala, o antras mou einai thessalonikios

My parents are from Black Sea but I was born and brought up in Ankara. I mostly live in Ankara, 3-4 months in Salonika. Almost every two weeks in Istanbul. I need one more year to settle a life and move completely to Thes/niki

Btw being Spartan must be cool :P Although they were not talking much, I guess you dont have such a problem hehe

Laki said:

I applaud you because you certainly know your greek lingo very well, your antras must be very happy/proud of you & you do get around,lovely places you reside in though. It would been teeming with tourists everyday of the year esp in summer,very popular ie.
    I'm not much of talker,always have been the quiet one of the family so I guess I have a little bit of Spartan in me
    How did you come to speak/write greek so well?

Koukla said:

I dont speak Greek well at all. I only talk or in this case here write the things that I know about. He's proud of me about many things though

Istanbul is the only touristic place. Ankara not at all, Thessaloniki is a nice city, not many tourist visit, mostly Balkans. Have you been to Thes/niki Spartan SilentKing?

Laki said:

LOL Spartan SilentKing Thats not a bad username! I like it

No,I havent been to Thes/niki.When we were there, back in '77, we[my bro & myself] spent most our time in Sparta,my parents spent alot of time with my youngest bro at a hospital in Athens[he came down with a serious mysterious illness].I havent been back since,although my parents just came back from Greece having spent 6mths over there[they usually go every 3-4yrs].I have heard that Thesa/Istan/Anka are all nice places & I also like the Thesa/niki song too

Koukla said:

Yes I like this name too.

You should definitely visit Istanbul and Thessaloniki, Ankara is surely not a must

I know a Turkish family living down under, they moved 30 yrs ago, never came back...even for visiting. Either they totally became Aussies or the distance is too far for them to handle

I always wanted to visit Australia in my childhood..even was dreaming of living there....(I was a Kylie and Jason fan, maybe that's why) but now I wanna see New Zealand more....LOTR effect

Laki said:

I'll take your word on the places you suggest to visit when I go to Greece sometime next year
    Australia is a beautiful country with great scenery but a VERY big place to get around.To see the whole of Aussie you have to spend at least 6mths here to be satisfied.Here in Australia,esp in Melbourne[where I live] reside a lot of Turkish & esp Greek people who love it here and dont want to go back[although its expensive to fly back home].Its very multicultural and depending where you are,it gets verrry hot in summer.
    I strongly recommend New Zealand.It has a very distinct beauty that has to be seen to be believed.And the locals there are very friendly too. btw LOTR is my fav fantasy movie/book

ps
    I always wanted to visit Australia in my childhood..even was dreaming of living there....(I was a Kylie and Jason fan, maybe that's why)
    LOL thats funny Actually Kylie & Jason have spent more time in the U.K than here.

Koukla said:

hey Laki, Istanbul is still Turkish....so stop by in Turkey too

-LOTR is my fave. too.
    -Yes Kylie still lives in London, innit?

I really really wanna see NZ, I will some day. In Australia Melbourne and Sydney are enough Btw I guess Melbourne is 3rd biggest Greek city, isnt it?

Laki said:

Yes,Melbourne has a huge greek population here so I guess so.Which city has the 2nd most greeks?

I know Istanbul is in Turkey but I most certainly want to visit Istanbul while I'm there anyway.

btw What time is it over your end? Surely its very late there now?

edit: I have cousins living in Sydney too.

Koukla said:

yes I was saying bye bye to my friends here...so bye bye to you too...it is 4 a.m.

2nd one is Chicago