Reputation system questions

Thread: Reputation system questions

Tags: None

larosa said:

Default Reputation problem help please

hi dear members

i have a problem actually,members keep adding to my reputation but nothing changes,only when moderators add to my reputation it's shown,either than that the number is the same

help please

thanks in advance
    life is Super good
    (this is bull ****)
    if you seek arabic translation,PM me

velvet_sky said:

Sorry for not open new topic but I saw it's about reputation
    So I wanted to add some reputation but it said "you must spread some reputation around before giving it again" So I spreaded hehe but it still doesn't work
    Tose Proeski - The Hardest Thing --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKRrADJ7j3E
    * Agapi mou gurna pisw, Mou Leipeis... :[

Steena said:

for larosa's question: reputation only counts (marked with a green button in the user CP) when the person rating you has 20 or more points himself. If he/she doesn't have 20 points, there will be no change to your reputation.

for velvet_sky's question: you have to rate 9 other users before you can add reputation to the same person again
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

velvet_sky said:

Thanks Steena

Edit: I wanted to add reputation to you now and it says I've given too much reputation .. how much reputation I could give on day

Steena said:

I think (only think) it's 6 per day!

velvet_sky said:

aham ok thanks again

larosa said:

Quote Originally Posted by Steena View Post
    for larosa's question: reputation only counts (marked with a green button in the user CP) when the person rating you has 20 or more points himself. If he/she doesn't have 20 points, there will be no change to your reputation.

for velvet_sky's question: you have to rate 9 other users before you can add reputation to the same person again
    but people with less than 20 points used to add to my reputation and it used to be counted too,but i don't know what happened
    anyway thanks for replying and trying to help me i really appreciate it
    thanks again
    best regards
    life is Super good
    (this is bull ****)
    if you seek arabic translation,PM me

citlalli said:

Aha! I understand now... coz I had noticed the same problem like Larosa happening to me. Thanks for explaining the details to us Steena.
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

damarys said:

Wow! I guess I haven't been paying attention! I need to give some reputation points to some of you who are just fantastic!!!
    I learn so much here.

chameleon said:

Default Reputation system questions

Hi
    can you plz tell me why you have taken my reputation away ????
    ive looked at all my posts and i cant see were there was a need to do it
    When the world is on your shoulder Gotta straighten up your act and boogie down" lol

damarys said:

Quote Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
    Hi
    can you plz tell me why you have taken my reputation away ????
    ive looked at all my posts and i cant see were there was a need to do it
    Sorry to hear about your loss of reputation points. I hope you know that reputation can be given and taken away by all kinds of members.... not just moderators. The only time I have taken reputation away from someone is when they are spamming.

chameleon said:

hi can you explain plz
    whats spamming ? is that when someone is trying to sell somethink ?
    When the world is on your shoulder Gotta straighten up your act and boogie down" lol

Steena said:

Yes, that's also considered as spamming apart from very useless multiple posts I would say

Concerning rep. you can also check which post caused the bad reputation. If you go to your User CP and click on the topic where it came from (usually marked with a red button) you can check your posts in this topic by clicking on the button you'd use to give reputation. If you click on your own reputation button you will be able to see if this post has recieved any positive/negative reputation.

chameleon said:

Hi Steena
    i dont understand this ive not done any (useless multiple posts ) or (spamming)
    ive only ever put up two posts one was for some songs Grase of my heart ones,
    and the one this week and that was asking people why ?
    the ones ive got in my user cp dont call for my rep to go
    me and jandos was only chatting and everythink was ok with us

Koukla said:

Chameleon, I got a negative reputation for translating! Can you believe, someone doesnt like it and instead of correcting or warning.....gives a negative reputation. personally I find it silly but I think you shouldnt worry about these things dear

chameleon said:

Red face

Koukla..its so ease to say (you shouldnt worry about these things ) i worry about ever little thing thats just how i am ,i also jump when i shouldnt without talking frist, which i swar on my life am realy am sorry about the
    (j & f )post

Koukla said:

It's easy for me yes, now imagine...why should I worry if someone gave me negative reputation for a translation? I come here for fun

I know you are sorry about it. But as you see, for some people it created a negative atmosphere for a while. It is just internet, it's not real life. We cannot use our body language or mimicry so it's easy to get offended or to offend here. And people are braver on the Internet!

take care chameleon....and "try" not to worry much

Zvezda said:

Quote Originally Posted by Steena View Post
    Concerning rep. you can also check which post caused the bad reputation. If you go to your User CP and click on the topic where it came from (usually marked with a red button) you can check your posts in this topic by clicking on the button you'd use to give reputation. If you click on your own reputation button you will be able to see if this post has recieved any positive/negative reputation.
    Ok that is clear, but what if there is a green button instead, or a colourless button? I mean what is the difference between those two?

@Chameleon: Do not worry, as koukla said it's just for fun
    Bio je Novembar 2009 godine, zamišljao sam kako hodaš ulicom Bana Jelačića cipelama od zmijske kože..

Steena said:

Green button means positive reputation (counted) while grey button can mean both positive or negative reputation you recieved. the difference here is that this reputation was given by a person with less than 20 reputation points. to give valid reputation you need to have 20 points yourself. otherwise they just don't count so new members cannot create any damage by spreading bad reputations just for fun.

chameleon said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zvezda View Post
    Ok that is clear, but what if there is a green button instead, or a colourless button? I mean what is the difference between those two?

@Chameleon: Do not worry, as koukla said it's just for fun
    thank's to sheena i know what they are now
    red=bad
    green=good
    gray=inbetween

am going to name then Traffic light's