*** is up with newer bands?

Thread: *** is up with newer bands?

Tags: None
  1. lestat2490 said:

Angry *** is up with newer bands?

okay so i have been listening to some new bands on youtube and im noticing a trend. They all sound so similar and it is making me take a look at the appreciation i have for the older bands like acdc and metallica that have been around so long. It seems to me that todays bands( i mean it in a broad way) are just cocky, both musical speaking with their instruments and in their lyrics. Now would you blame the bands for this or the record companies since they are in charge of what you hear on the radio and tv.

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Well, if it's rock - and I mean proper rock - then it's the band's fault as proper bands don't listen to record companies for "how to walk" etc. but bands such as Towers Of London are so fake it's unreal...

Having said that, Metallica had 2 half decent albums (Load & Re-Load), one utter crap one (St. Anger) and now just going back to form with Death Magnetic.
    * Difference of opinion is not argument, only difference.
    * Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it sh*t
    * You are all individual, just like everyone else.

Inconsolable89 said:

yes -Ultimate_Worrier- true.

Ultimate_Worrier said:

I know it's true, I said it.

I get so much stick for being opinionated and insightfultowards music by people who claim I'm arrogant and pedantic... I'm not bgi headed or arrogant, I just know more and am willing to share information with others.
    * Difference of opinion is not argument, only difference.
    * Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it sh*t
    * You are all individual, just like everyone else.