Alkinoos Ioannidis - Vosporos

Thread: Alkinoos Ioannidis - Vosporos

Tags: None

herr_mannelig said:

Default Alkinoos Ioannidis - Vosporos

This song's turkish translation?

muge said:

if someone makes it into english, i can translate it to turkish.

Zvezda said:

The song has been translated here
    http://www.stixoi.info/stixoi.php?in...ails&t_id=1473 in English. The flags on top indicate that it has also been translated into German, Italian, and Hebrew, (just click on them) so if somebody speaks either of those languages and Turkish please help
    Bio je Novembar 2009 godine, zamišljao sam kako hodaš ulicom Bana Jelačića cipelama od zmijske kože..

herr_mannelig said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zvezda View Post
    The song has been translated here
    http://www.stixoi.info/stixoi.php?in...ails&t_id=1473 in English. The flags on top indicate that it has also been translated into German, Italian, and Hebrew, (just click on them) so if somebody speaks either of those languages and Turkish please help
    ooh,perfect thank you Zvezda

muge said:

i will do it today sometime

muge said:

The spirits come back at nights - ruhlar geceleri geri geliyor
    -little lights of unredeemed souls- (günahlarından arınmamış sönük ışıklı ruhlar)
    and if you look up the embrasures - ve eğer mazgallara bakacak olursan
    you'll see morphs looking at you – köklerin sana baktığını göreceksin

And then a grievance comes upon you – ve sonra efkarlanırsın (bir dert gelir sana)
    and in the slip-roads makes u wonder. – ve bu yüzden şaşırırsın o küçük sokaklarda
    Polis is as an old beloved – İstanbul eski bir sevgili gibidir.
    whom you meet again in the arms of a stranger – bir yabancının kollarında yeniden tanıştığın

I want to drink all of the Vosporos- Tüm Boğaz’ ı içmek istiyorum
    inside me are changing the margins of the world – içimde değişiyor dünyanın sınırları.

I found her in the verses of the poems – onu şiirlerin mısralarında buldum
    living together with the heavy Hanums – o zor hanumlarla beraber yaşadığı ( hanum ne bilmiyorum)
    and i throw inside the arms' mouth – ve silahımın içinden attım
    my hollow, my half trouth - içi boş, yarım gerçeğimi

I want to drink all of the Vosporos- tüm Boğaz’ı içmek istiyorum
    inside me are changing the margins of the world – içimde değişiyor dünyanın sınırları

not: 1) bu çeviriyi yaparken ingilizcesini anlamadığım yerlerde almancasına bakıp ordan çevirdim, yani buna göre bazı yerlerde mısra kaymaları olabilir ama sonuçta anlam aynı.
    2) hanum ne demek bilmiyorum, almanca çevirisinde de hanoumisses diye geçiyor. aradım googleda ama bir yunan futbol sitesi çıktı karşıma

is there anyone who knows what hanoumisses is? i googled it and a greek football webside came across me.
    Last edited by muge; 10-17-2008 at 12:32 AM.

Zvezda said:

Quote Originally Posted by muge View Post
    is there anyone who knows what hanoumisses is?
    If I am not mistaken that is what the Greeks call the women that formed a harem

i googled it and a greek football webside came across me.
    I can't stop laughing at this, sorry, it's just a nickname for a team
    Bio je Novembar 2009 godine, zamišljao sam kako hodaš ulicom Bana Jelačića cipelama od zmijske kože..

muge said:

lol, i dont know, i looked to its english its hanum, so many things came which dont make sense, so i looked the german translation, there it was written as hanoumisses, so i dont have any idea do you mean it means odalisque?

herr_mannelig said:

Müge gerçekten çok teşekkür ederim sana çok mutlu oldum

muge said:

rica ederim ayrıca hanım türkçe'de kadın demek biliyorsun, zvezda da dedi ki haremdeki kadınlar, yani muhtemelen cariye falan demek, artık ne koymak istersen yerine

herr_mannelig said:

evet haremdeki hanım ya da cariye fark etmez

panselinos said:

You've got to be kidding me, guys! You stuck in the only Turkish word in the lyrics?

It's "hanım" we're talking about. Just... in Greek there's no ı-sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Zvezda View Post
    I can't stop laughing at this, sorry, it's just a nickname for a team
    LOL! True.
    Hanoumisses or hanoumakia (i.e. "Ladies") is what they call the football team AEK. The team was formed in Athens in 1924 by a group of Greek refugees from Istanbul (AEK = Athletic Union of Constantinople), hence the nickname.

P.S. By the way, Vosporus is Bosphorus.

karderina said:

bu şarkı gerçekten çok şahane bir şarkı,boğaz'a karşı dinlenesi bir şey. çeviri için teşekkürler

muge said:

rica ederim, ne demek ben bilmiyorum ya bu şarkıyı, bu adamın "vithos" u var, bi onu biliyorum.

well panselios, hanım and hanoumisses they dont look alike :P and yeah, we call bosphorus as İstanbul Boğazı, and shortly Boğaz

Koukla said:

Panselinos again gets admiration from me by her knowledge (you are a her, arent ya dear?)

Müge dear, hanoumi de denir And as far as I know Greeks also call a belly dancer "hanoumaki", maybe colloquially.

By the way you can also listen to Marios Frangoulis version of this song. He sings very well too!

panselinos said:

Yeah, muge, I know. I alluded to the English translation, 'cause, well, it seemed doubtful to me that an English-speaking person would recognize Bosphorus is Vosporos.

"Hanım" and "hanoumissa" don't look alike, because: a) Greek lacks an ı-sound, so it becomes "ou"; b) the feminine ending -issa (as in vasilissa, arhontissa, etc); -aki is diminutive.

Yup, Koukla mou, I'm a "she". My name is Eva. And the Kypriot mentioned above is my great musical love.

karderina said:

a great ability indeed. talking about both alkinoos and panselinos, really

18. pnar said:

Polis is as an old beloved – şehir eski bir sevgili gibidir.
    çeviri için ellerine sağlık müge, çok güzel olmuş. ama bu şehir herhangi bir şehir değil

i have been listening to a recording of this song sung by haroula all last weekend over and over when i was walking around the bosphorus, but did not even know that it was about boshorus! i did not even know it was originally sung by alkinoos iwannidis, my other beloved greek musician. thanks for the lyrics and translations!

muge said:

thank you ok şehir eski bir sevgili gibidir - İstanbul eski bir sevgili gibidir.