Need help identifying an 'Unidentified' song?

Thread: Need help identifying an 'Unidentified' song?

Tags: None

Laki said:

Default Need help identifying an 'Unidentified' song?

Hi all, I'm in a bit of a dilemma here [as you can tell from the title thread] and just wondering if anyone can assist in anyway.

I'm trying to track down a song[English] which I heard once about 6-7 maybe 8yrs ago on FM radio & again as background music at the local Mart last year(easy going music].I have been told in the past,from the very few that have heard of it,that it was frequently played on radio back then but were unable to identify it.My luck.
    Now here's where my dilemma kicks in...I dont know who sings it & I dont know any of the words to the lyrics....Yet I know how its sung[in my gibberish words] and how the music goes[singed in my brain] which is going to be an impossible feat in itself to describe here!
    The only clues I have thus far: Its a male vocalist which he sings in a softish voice,the songs pleasant to the ears & after each verse, a piano [or maybe an organ] follows with an eerie solo 'circus/carnival' like theme. Its a very softish & very odd song which wasnt very popular but did get enough radio time from what I've heard by others.I know for certainty that the band is english but whether they're from the UK,US or AUS is anyones guess.
    Any help to unravel this mysterious song would help ease the torture thats plagued me for many years and I'll be forever grateful .Cheers
    Last edited by Laki; 10-15-2008 at 02:46 AM.

2. leathergal said:

Default Unidentified Song

Try Tim Buckley's The Carnival Song

Laki said:

Quote Originally Posted by leathergal View Post
    Try Tim Buckley's The Carnival Song

Thanks for the response but unfortunately its not it. I dont think this song is related to carnivals or the circus but the keyboards when playing kinda reminds me of that but in an eerie sort of way.This song was also released back in 01/02 or there abouts.
    Anyway,heres hoping?

4. jfankhanel said:

It wouldn't be Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz??

Laki said:

Quote Originally Posted by jfankhanel View Post
    It wouldn't be Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz??
    Sorry jfankhanel but its not it thanx anyway,I appreciate it.I wish I had more nfo to go on but thats the best I can do for now. Atleast I'm getting some hits though so maybe someone out there might prevail. Cheers anyhow

atmaestro said:

I am trying to narrow it down by style of a (piano playing) artist...

Does it sound like Coldplay or Ben Folds?
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

Laki said:

Quote Originally Posted by atmaster View Post
    I am trying to narrow it down by style of a (piano playing) artist...

Does it sound like Coldplay or Ben Folds?
    Thanx atmaster but defo not those 2 as I'm very familiar with them both.But I like your suggestion that the artist maybe a pianist though as it could narrow down the search significantly! I'm also trying to figure out another vocalist who sounds like this particular artist so that might help a bit. I'll speak to my bro tonight in relation to that because hes actually heard of the song before[& assured me that he didnt like it back then when he first heard it ] & like me is clueless but might help me out.I'll mention it here if we come up with anything.
    Thanx for your input & now time to get back on utube & continue on my search:subject-pianists