turkish-english: istasyon insanlari (is it Teoman?)

Thread: turkish-english: istasyon insanlari (is it Teoman?)

Tags: None
  1. PlainChaos said:

Yeh, you're actually right. I just noticed. Instead of "plajı" he says" kumsalı", which directly translated means "sandy seashore" or simply just "beach". And second, instead of "kavuniçi" he says "turuncu", and that means "orange". And finally in the last part of the song he says "bu en çok yakandır" instead of "acınmak canımı en çok acıtandır". I don't know why they've switched some of the words *shrugs* but as you can see, it almost means the same thing (synonyms)

2. PlainChaos said:

#20 HAHA You're right, wrong choice of word I guess
    Double meaning word? Well, it means horrible, that's right, but it can also be used when telling about something that's fantastic or yeh you know what I mean... wasn't trying to tell that his lyrics were horrible or something but actually the right opposite

vuoklis said:

well if turuncu means orange, i think the switch from pink to orange melon was quite reasonable
    (i mean, if you think of a MELON - not WATERMELON - when you hear the word "melon")
    i was quite confused about that pink melon

4. PlainChaos said:

Actually "kavun" means "melon" and "iç" means "internal" or "inside".
    So, directly translated the word "kavuniçi" means "the inside of a melon" refering to the color. I didn't know what else to call that color, so I just chosed to say "melon pink". It could have been called pale orange, yellowish pink, yellowish orange etc. as well. But you're completely right, the switch from "kavuniçi" to "turuncu" seems quite reasonable, most of all because it's easier to translate and explain as it simply just means orange In Turkish "kavuniçi" sounds more poetic, though.