The pearl earrings ( one more before bed )

Thread: The pearl earrings ( one more before bed )

Tags: None
  1. BRITSTA28 said:

Default The pearl earrings ( one more before bed )

Okay, not sure if this is romantic or boardering on psychotic. It is meant to be be romantic let me know what you think.. please

The Pearl Earrings

They lay on the night stand, while I sleep with him. A perfect pair, beautiful and rare.
    I try not to look, try not to think of what’s beneath the reason I still wear that perfectly beautiful pair while I lay here with him.

Morning comes and I push back the thought and memories of the two of us, it can’t be now because I have already walked down that isle. Standing there that day, all dressed in white alone in the room I put on the earrings… It’s my something old, standing on something new, and one thing is certain, it does make me blue. I am just sitting here thinking of you.

And I bet you didn’t know that I brought you down the isle
    A perfect pair, so beautiful and rare
    And I bet you didn’t know how you walked with me that day
    We were the perfect pair, beautiful and rare
    And I bet you didn’t know how I wished it was you

It’s just another year, and I am standing here with the phone in my hand. I hear your voice, we speak just minutes then a silence break in as we realize that time has brought us to an end. As I hang up the phone, the pearl slipped to the floor. I looked for it for hours but just couldn’t find the love that slipped away. And that is when I knew, I never be with you

And I bet you didn’t know how I wished it was you

It lays on the nightstand; while I lay hear with him. No longer a pair.
    I try not to think and I try not to look
    I don’t know the reason I still have the one of the pair of perfect pearls.
    But I stood there that day, and I still think of you.

And I bet you didn’t know that I still wish it would have been you.

Ultimate_Worrier said:

More poetry than lyrics... Too much going on... Kinda like a Randy Newman song.
    * Difference of opinion is not argument, only difference.
    * Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it sh*t
    * You are all individual, just like everyone else.

3. BRITSTA28 said:

Thank for the honesty.. It's probably not my cup of tea, but it was late and on my mind so I just gave it a shot. People do crazy things late at night when they are tired and should be sleeping. It's morning now, time to get back to reality.

4. BRITSTA28 said:

This was a follow up to the " million things I can't do now " it's about the pearl earings he gives the girl while they are dating .. after getting married she has a weak momment and calls him but gets scarred and hangs up, he calls her back and they talk for a little while both realizing they still miss each other but that it's too late for them. When she hangs up the phone she realizes she is missing a earing and that she was wearing the earings he had given her. She looks all over for the earing but can't find it. That's when it hits her that they were the perfect pair but they will never be together again. ( I tried to make it more dramatical by putting the fact she wore them down the isle , that isn't really the truth of the matter but she does bring him down the isle metephorically speaking just by still having feelings for the other guy.

Ultimate_Worrier said:

The plot is irrelevant, my opinion still stands

6. BRITSTA28 said:

Are you like the Simon of the All The LYrics.com ? I didn't write it to get known, I wrote it in hopes that it would be seen by someone who could write and make it into something I want the message to get out not to make money on it. I am not a idiot.. I know I can't write songs , and I know I can't sing... I know my talents.

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Quote Originally Posted by BRITSTA28 View Post
    Are you like the Simon of the All The LYrics.com ? I didn't write it to get known, I wrote it in hopes that it would be seen by someone who could write and make it into something I want the message to get out not to make money on it. I am not a idiot.. I know I can't write songs , and I know I can't sing... I know my talents.
    I'm sorry... I cannot for the life of me understand what the hell you're going on about.

1. Who's Simon?

2. I never said you couldn't write lyrics, I said there was too much going on, like a Randy Newman song - For those not in the know or still feel I'm taking the pi**... Randy Newman is an Academy Award–winning American singer/songwriter, arranger, composer, singer and pianist who is notable for his mordant (and often satirical) pop songs and for his many film scores (Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, and Monsters, Inc. also Cars for Pixar) He did James & the Giant Peach in 2006 for Tim Burton and additional scores include Avalon, Parenthood, Seabiscuit, Awakenings, The Paper, Overboard, Meet the Parents, and its sequel, Meet the Fockers.
    His score for Pleasantville was an Academy Award nominee. He also wrote the songs for Turner's Cats Don't Dance.

Sorry, seems Mr. Newman knows nothing does he.

Can I ask that, if you ask for someone's opinion and they give it you but you don't like it, you deal with it and not make up stories attmepting to get them to look stupid... It won't work.

8. BRITSTA28 said:

Seriously, I wasn't try to offend you or make you look stupid. I have never written a song in my life and you are obviously more " in the know than me".
    Simon is the guy on American Idol who always give very short, blunt, answers that can seem harsh but are usually very honest. Many people love Simon and many people hate Simon, depends totally on the character of the individual. I wasn't making up a story, I am being honest. I wouldn't write lyrics that and not copywrite them and stick them up on a message board if I wanted to make money on them. The two songs, stories, poetry, or whatever, I posted on here for the reasons I stated. Read both postings and it might make more since. What I was saying is I don't know how to do what you are advising me to do because I no musicality. I agree with your advice, I just don't know how to do it.

I really don't want you to dislike me , nor did I mean to be rude to you.. I don't even know you. I just thought it was funny, you are alot like Simon from American Idol. Pull up some youtube video's of American Idol and listen to Simon's comments on the singers, you will see what I mean.

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Simon is the guy on American Idol who always give very short, blunt, answers that can seem harsh but are usually very honest. You are alot like Simon from American Idol. Pull up some youtube video's of American Idol and listen to Simon's comments on the singers, you will see what I mean.
    His name is Simon Cowell, he's English (Brighton, East Sussex) and he's a record producer/A&R guy working with terminally successful but ultimately dull and manufactured pop acts such as Sinitta.

I personally can't stand the guy as his main concern is to make music out of people with little or no talent. He has no knowledge of real music, he just finds people he can market with the "X Factor" (ie, no talent and good looks) then find some other poor sap when the last guy's fame has faded.

I do however have a certain respect for him because yes he's "supposed" to be TV's Mr. Nasty but really, for the kind of "music" they're doing on those shows, he does know what he's talking about.
    Last edited by atmaestro; 11-10-2008 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Off topic