Hande Yener - Burdayim/ Kibir

Thread: Hande Yener - Burdayim/ Kibir

Tags: None

Robster1983 said:

Default Hande Yener - Burdayim/ Kibir

Hi, I'm looking for the translations of these two songs. I know that Kibir already is translated, but to be honest: I can't make anything out of that translation :s So if anyone can make an improvement on that translation (what is that song really about?), then I would so totally appreciate it!!

The lyrics are:

BURDAYIM

Bir nefret var
    Kontrol yok
    Yürümek varken
    Konuşan çok

Bana kızma, ben kimseye..
    Bana bakma, ben kimseye..

Kızmıyorum, gülüyorum
    Bakıyorum, geçiyorum
    Kızmıyorum, gülüyorum
    Bakıyorum, geçiyorum

Burdayım, kışkırtıyorum seni
    Biliyorum, delirtiyorum seni
    Gizlice zehirliyorum seni
    Kanındayım, dolaşıyorum seni

Ruhumla zincirliyorum seni
    Yer çekimiyim, tutuyorum seni

Her şeyin var
    İronik çok
    Büyüdüm derken
    Küçülen çok

Bana sorma, ben kimseye..
    Bana uyma, ben kimseye..

Uymuyorum, gülüyorum
    Seçiyorum, geçiyorum
    Uymuyorum, gülüyorum

KIBIR (YANMAM LAZIM)

Harcadım hırpaladım /
    Çok zarar verdim beni affet /
    İnsan tuhaf ne hoyrat /
    Ne şaheser ve nasıl ilkel hayret /

Kibir bir canavar gibi /
    Bekliyor pusuda /
    Tıpkı bir volkan gibi uykusunda /
    Kalbini kurban veriyor /

Sen aşkın talibi o galibi /
    Olmaya tutkun yok korkusuda /
    Küçük bir hayat var biliyor /

Yanmam lazım daha yol almam lazım /
    Kendimden caymam lazım zor... /

So many thnx in advance!!!!!

kibele said:

KIBIR (YANMAM LAZIM)- arrogance (i need to burn)

Harcadım hırpaladım / i have spent out, bruised (you)
    Çok zarar verdim beni affet /hurt too much, forgive me
    İnsan tuhaf ne hoyrat / human is, how weird, how boor
    Ne şaheser ve nasıl ilkel hayret / what a masterpiece and primitive, wow!

Kibir bir canavar gibi / arrogance is like a monster
    Bekliyor pusuda / lying in wait
    Tıpkı bir volkan gibi uykusunda / just like a volcano in its dream
    Kalbini kurban veriyor / sacrificing his heart

Sen aşkın talibi o galibi / you are the aspirant, it (arrogance) is the winner
    Olmaya tutkun yok korkusuda / you do not have a passion, nor it has a fear
    Küçük bir hayat var biliyor /there is a little life it knows

Yanmam lazım daha yol almam lazım / i need to burn, i need to proceed more
    Kendimden caymam lazım zor... / i need to give up myself, so hard
    Endless Climb
    I am blind
    Why can't I hear?
    Color blind
    Speaking a phrase
    Instantly grown
    I am blind
    Waiting in line

kibele said:

i know this song is meaningless because it is really meaningless don't push yourself to understand...
    BURDAYIM (here i am)

Bir nefret var- there is a hate
    Kontrol yok- no controll
    Yürümek varken- so many people talk
    Konuşan çok- instead of walk (doing)

Bana kızma, ben kimseye..- don't be mad at me, i to noone
    Bana bakma, ben kimseye..- don't look at me, i to noone

Kızmıyorum, gülüyorum- i get mad at noone, i smile
    Bakıyorum, geçiyorum- i look and pass
    Kızmıyorum, gülüyorum
    Bakıyorum, geçiyorum

Burdayım, kışkırtıyorum seni- here i am provoking you
    Biliyorum, delirtiyorum seni- i know i drive you crazy
    Gizlice zehirliyorum seni- i am poisioning you secretly
    Kanındayım, dolaşıyorum seni- in your blood, i am getting about you

Ruhumla zincirliyorum seni- i am chaining you with my soul
    Yer çekimiyim, tutuyorum seni- i am the gravity, i am holding you

Her şeyin var- you have it all
    İronik çok- so ironic
    Büyüdüm derken- as saying i am growing up
    Küçülen çok- so many people gets smaller

Bana sorma, ben kimseye..- don't ask me, i (ask) noone
    Bana uyma, ben kimseye..don't obey me, i (obey) noone

Uymuyorum, gülüyorum- not obey, i smile
    Seçiyorum, geçiyorum- i choose and i pass by
    Uymuyorum, gülüyorum
    Endless Climb
    I am blind
    Why can't I hear?
    Color blind
    Speaking a phrase
    Instantly grown
    I am blind
    Waiting in line

Robster1983 said:

Thnx SO MUCH for your help!!! I think I can make a story behind the songs now. Although I now know that it is on the beholders eye of what the songs mean, and in my opinion, "Kibir" is about love, and all the ups and downs that it has whithin it. And eventhough love hurts (a lot), the only thing you can do, is to do your best (burn/ flame/ go for it), and to surrender to it. It's all one can do.

In "Burdayım" I also recognise somehwat of a double feeling (although that song has almost a somewhat Angelina Jolie-feeling about it, it's a little bit darker than "Kibir"). From all the translations I've seen (of all the songs from her last two albums), I think that it is somewhat of a 'trademark' of Hande Yener? Almost every song can be translated as hopeful, but also as being dark, and grimm.

Well, if there is one thing I know now, then it is that I love Hande (and her music) even more! As far as I'm concerned, I think Ajda (Pekkan) and Sezen (Aksu) (although they stay great, and have created the path of Turkish musical popculture as we know it) should step down, and leave the room for the Hande Yener's of Türkiye!

Again: SO MANY THNX!!!!! Reputationpoints for you, that's for sure!!

kibele said:

actually, i really do appreciate hande yener she started with pop music but turned into elektro which has been better. it's a new thing in turkey to be such popular also...she did something first in turkey... still, her lyrics are confusing and noone can take the place of sezen aksu. she's the diva...

also, don't misregard şebnem ferah... do you listen to her... so cool a lady...
    Endless Climb
    I am blind
    Why can't I hear?
    Color blind
    Speaking a phrase
    Instantly grown
    I am blind
    Waiting in line

Robster1983 said:

Hééj, I so totally agree with you! The last two albums of Hande, as well as her Hande Maksi EP, are so much better than her albums before her electropop-sound!
    And of course all the respect to Sezen (but also Ajda) for they are (at least, that's from what I have read and heard) the two queens of Türkpop. From what I've heard, they are friends with eachother, isn't that right?

I've never heard of şebnem ferah. Buttttt............. I found some music of her, so I will listen to it. She is more into rock/ hardrock, isn't she? I'm curious about her.

Oow, have you heard Ayşe Hatun Önal? Also a little bit like Hande, only for me a little bit more depressing (that is: her music is more like slow electropop, which can sometimes be very emotional. I wouldn't know if her lyrics are the same way, for I haven't yet searched for those, except "Kalbe Ben").

And of course Demet Akalın is great also! My favourite Turkish artist, together with Hande.

kibele said:

both ayşe and demet are top models

ayşe did not make a hit here actually, we did not like it...demet rocks!!!! all her songs are great...

what you know about sezen aksu and ajda pekkan is right...

şebnem's 'can kırıkları' is so cool- the lyrics kill me

elbette ağlarım, benim can kırıklarım var
    of course i cry, i have a broken piece of soul

this is a equivoke a broken piece of glass- cam kırıkları
    a broken piece of soul- can kırıkları

listen to this song ok?
    Endless Climb
    I am blind
    Why can't I hear?
    Color blind
    Speaking a phrase
    Instantly grown
    I am blind
    Waiting in line

Robster1983 said:

That's funny; that's the first cd I found of her! So I not only will, I also can listen to that song now

It's quite heavy btw, the music of her. I think she's what Evanescense is for the US, Mando for Greece, and Within Temptation for the Netherlands. But I leave within a few hours to Den Haag/ The Hague, which takes 75 minutes by train from my home, so time enough to take in her music If I like it, I already have found a site where I can find more cd's of her

Btw, I was just listening to that song you recommended, and it hurts like hell! At least, her voice, and the music. Now I know what it means, it doesn't become that much happier. You can't call her the Turkish national bundle of happiness, can you?

kibele said:

yes but we like the pain in our songs we always have the sorrow. and we are an unhappy society about our loves i guess.. we like unanswered loves...
    but i could not understand if you liked the song or not... do you want happier songs? she does not have any... she symbolizes the difficulties women in turkey sees through.. i also like sil baştan means 'erase and rewind' something like that...

if you like demet akalın, my favourite song of her is 'afedersin' have you ever listened to that song?
    Endless Climb
    I am blind
    Why can't I hear?
    Color blind
    Speaking a phrase
    Instantly grown
    I am blind
    Waiting in line

Robster1983 said:

Hééj, sorry for the late respons, but I'm back now (so many things happened in between, hope you can forgive me for this )

First of all: I listened to Şebnem Ferah (the album "Can Kırıkları"), and I enjoyd it! But I must say that it is music not for every moment, for it's quite heavy (both in music, as well as on the heart). But I think that I will download some more albums. Dos she also have some more poplike albums? They don't need to be that very happy, just as long as the music is a little more chipper.

Second: of course I know "Afedersin"! I love it also (has a nice 'bubblingbeat' in it ). My absolute favourite is "Tatil". It sounds SO hapy, but it is about a relationship that... well, sort of ended, and that her (Demet, in this case) life is improved! Also a little bit revengefull, I think.

Third: I'be bought "Hipnoz" of Hande Yener! I downloaded it, but I wanted the original cd, and HOW COOL IS THE COVER???!!!!!!!

And fourth: I love the song "Gece Gündüz" so much, but I ouldn't find any translation. Is it alright to bother you again with a translation? I'll put it in this message, and if you don't want to do it, just say so, then I'll make sure that'd it be removed to the Turkish secion.

The lyrics are:

Hande Yener - Gece Gündüz ("Night And Day", right?)

Korkmak yerine tanıştım

Olmak yerine öldüm kaç kez

Durmak yerine koştum

Kaçmak yerine döndüm sana

Düşmanın oldum

Affettin kaç kez

Yerde buldum

Gökte buldum
    İnandım kaç kez

İnandım kaç kez

İnandım kaç kez

Dere tepe düz gelirim ardından

Seve seve yükselirim

Yankılanır adın kulağımda

Gece gündüz

Söyle, niye vazgeçeyim yanından?

Denemeyi denerim

Acılarım azalır en azından

Gece gündüz

Susmak yerine konuştum

Yanmak yerine söndüm kaç kez

Durmak yerine koştum (but this sounds more like "dinmek yorine çoştum" :s)

Kaçmak yerine döndüm sana

Aşk mı, ölüm mü

Yanıldım çok kez

Yerde buldum

Gökte buldum
    İnandım kaç kez

İnandım kaç kez

İnandım kaç kez

kibele said:

why shouldn't i translate it!!!!!i like translations...it's my job

night and day... (you're right)

Korkmak yerine tanıştım
- instead of being scared, i have met
    Olmak yerine öldüm kaç kez
- instead of being, i have died many times
    Durmak yerine koştum
- instead of stopping, i have run
    Kaçmak yerine döndüm sana- instead of escaping, i have turned back to you

Düşmanın oldum
- i have become your enemy
    Affettin kaç kez
- you have forgiven many times
    Yerde buldum
- i found it on the floor
    Gökte buldum- i found it on the sky
    İnandım kaç kez
- i have believed many times
    İnandım kaç kez

İnandım kaç kez

Dere tepe düz gelirim ardından
- i will go up hill and go up dale behind you
    Seve seve yükselirim
- i will rise gladly
    Yankılanır adın kulağımda
- your name echoes in my ear
    Gece gündüz- night and day

Söyle, niye vazgeçeyim yanından?- tell me, why shall i give up being near you?

Denemeyi denerim
- i will try to try
    Acılarım azalır en azından
- at least, my pain decreases
    Gece gündüz- night and day

Susmak yerine konuştum
- instead of being quiet, i talked
- instead of burning ,i have been defleated many times
    Durmak yerine koştum (but this sounds more like "dinmek yorine çoştum" :s)- instead of stopping, i have run (if dinmek yerine coştum--- instead of ceasing i have boiled up)

Kaçmak yerine döndüm sana- instead of running away, i have turned back to you

Aşk mı, ölüm mü- love or death?

Yanıldım çok kez
- i have been mistaken many times
    Yerde buldum*
- i found it on the floor
    Gökte buldum- i found it on the sky
    İnandım kaç kez
- i have believed many times
    İnandım kaç kez

İnandım kaç kez

*we have a saying 'gökte ararken yerde bulmak' word to word translation is: finding on the floor as looking for it in the sky, which means finding unexpectedly

1) şebnem got furious year after years, her first albums were more poplike. Her first album was 'kadın-the woman' and the best song in most people's heart is 'yağmurlar- the rain(s)'. i also like 'bu aşk fazla sana- this love is too much for you'. i recommend you to listen to this album, at least these two songs...

2) actually, demet's exbf- the famous basketballer of turket ibrahim kutluay hurt her much and almost all her previous songs were directed to him (in our opinion- she has not made such an explanation)

3) hande has a perfect body...

4) you can ask me translation anytime, i really feel pleasure... and you don't have to be ashamed to be late to respond.. i would like to see you in our games part...

5) take care of yourself... have a merry happy year and christmas...
    Endless Climb
    I am blind
    Why can't I hear?
    Color blind
    Speaking a phrase
    Instantly grown
    I am blind
    Waiting in line

Robster1983 said:

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
    Buttt.... I think I found the real lyrics of the last song of Hande, at least, the last one I asked a translation for ("Gece Gündüz")). I think the thing that I couldn't quite understand, goes like this:

"Susmak yerine konuştum

Dinmek yerine coştum

Kaçmak yerine döndüm san"

Can you do something with this, or have I misinterpreted it? :s Anhow, I've listened to that song 54 times today (at repeat, and still counting! :-)).

1). I will download some of her earlier albums. I am curous 'bout how she use o be, and see the difference with whom she she is at his moment!

2). I know! (hail to wikipedia! ) It was a nasty break-up, from what I've understood. Nevertheless: Demet rulezz! Hope she finds her happiness soon!

3). I'm so crazy about Hande, that I also ordered her "Nasıl Delirdim?"-album. They are €9,00 over here, but since the store is at Rotterdam, I pay €2,50 extra to send it to me by post (yes, I know, the Netherlands is quite a small country, but to pick the cd up in R'dam from the area around Alkmaar is relatively expensive in terms of trainticket and/ or fuel by car. ). Bu I'm SOOOO glad that this cd will fall on my doormat!! I'm a Hande-fan, I can't say otherwise! But Aida, Demet, Göksel, Nil Karaibrahimgil, Lara (Fatma Nur Ergüder, whatever you want to call her)), Ayşe Hatun Önal, and Burcu Güneş are just as cool!

You have such a rich music-scene in Türkiye! Such a pity that relatively few people in the rest of Europe/ the EU knows about them! But, for what it's worth: I spread the 'Türk-pop' around where I can! A female friend of mine loves, thanks to my two cd's of her, Sezen Aksu now! (and she is just a 'cheesehead' (a nickname for those born in the Netherlands, and especially us, for we are born in Alkmaar, THE chees city of the Netherlands, look it up on wikipedia.org if you want to ) as I am.)

4). Be aware of what you are saying! I have so many Turkish songs! And with almost all of them I want to know what it means... So in order to give you also a social live: I won't ask for too much.

5). I don't know if you celebrate christmas in İstanbul/ Türkiye, but the same to you: a very merry christmas and, in the case I won't speak to you before that: a happy, joyfull, and good new year!!!

13. bs said:

As far as I have seen, everyone translates "kibir"(arrogance) fully wrong.(Just because it is also hard to understand in Turkish because lyrics are not seperated in full sentences and the way the song is sang makes it hard to seperate the sentences.)

This is my understanding of the song and translation

Kibir(Arrogance)

I used up , ill-treated so much
    Damaged too much
    Forgive me

Human.Weird , how vulgar.
    What a masterpiece and how primitive.What a suprise!!

Arrogance is waiting like a monster in ambush
    Also its sleep is just like a volcano
    Giving its heart as a victim

You are addicted to being desirous of love and it is to being the winner.
    It has no fear since it knows there is a single life!!!

I need to burn , burn (since arrogance is a volcano and we are its victims)
    I need to proceed more
    I need to wangle out of myself,hard to do!

For turkish:
    Orada "Sen aşkın talibi , o galibi olmaya tutkun"
    "Yok korkusu da"
    diye ayrılıp çevrilmeli ama şarkı söylenirken bu cümle ayrımı belli olmuyor!!!

Robster1983 said:

bs: THNX very much!!! That's why I asked for a second translation in the first place, it seemed so strange at certain points (the old translation done on allthelyrics, not the one on this page, that was already an improvement! ).
    Your lyrics makes some more sense!

Would you also happen to know to translate the following lyrics by any chance?

"Susmak yerine konuştum

Dinmek yerine coştum

I asked kibele, but she seems to be absent since a few weeks or so. (Kibele, hope that you're alright?)

15. bs said:

Quote Originally Posted by Robster1983 View Post
    bs: THNX very much!!! That's why I asked for a second translation in the first place, it seemed so strange at certain points (the old translation done on allthelyrics, not the one on this page, that was already an improvement! ).
    Your lyrics makes some more sense!

Would you also happen to know to translate the following lyrics by any chance?

"Susmak yerine konuştum

Dinmek yerine coştum

I asked kibele, but she seems to be absent since a few weeks or so. (Kibele, hope that you're alright?)
    Of course I will translate

Susmak yerine konuştum/Instead of being silent I talked
    Yanmak yerine söndüm kaç kez/Instead of burning , I was extinguished many times
    Dinmek yerine coştum/Instead of quietening I overflowed from myself
    Kaçmak yerine döndüm sana/Instead of running away,I returned to you

Robster1983 said:

Merhaba bs, teşekkürler for your translations! Perhaps you've seen it on the top of this topic, but Hande sings something else in the second verse than she does in the first. I finally found the lyrics, but the translation was harder to find, so teşekkürler again!

kibele said:

Quote Originally Posted by bs View Post
    As far as I have seen, everyone translates "kibir"(arrogance) fully wrong.(Just because it is also hard to understand in Turkish because lyrics are not seperated in full sentences and the way the song is sang makes it hard to seperate the sentences.)

This is my understanding of the song and translation

Kibir(Arrogance)

I used up , ill-treated so much
    Damaged too much
    Forgive me

Human.Weird , how vulgar.
    What a masterpiece and how primitive.What a suprise!!

Arrogance is waiting like a monster in ambush
    Also its sleep is just like a volcano
    Giving its heart as a victim

You are addicted to being desirous of love and it is to being the winner.
    It has no fear since it knows there is a single life!!!

I need to burn , burn (since arrogance is a volcano and we are its victims)
    I need to proceed more
    I need to wangle out of myself,hard to do!

For turkish:
    Orada "Sen aşkın talibi , o galibi olmaya tutkun"
    "Yok korkusu da"
    diye ayrılıp çevrilmeli ama şarkı söylenirken bu cümle ayrımı belli olmuyor!!!

HİÇ BÖYLE DÜŞÜNMEMİŞTİM SAĞOL.. ben zaten teoman'ın 'bir bartaburesi üstünde' sözlerini uzun süre barta nedir ki buresi varmış, bure ne ki... die algılayan bi insanım.. onu algılayamam çok normal

and yes, honey, she does say these words at the second time...
    Endless Climb
    I am blind
    Why can't I hear?
    Color blind
    Speaking a phrase
    Instantly grown
    I am blind
    Waiting in line