Solved: Need help identifying a Christmas song

Thread: Solved: Need help identifying a Christmas song

Tags: None
  1. cavone said:

Default Solved: Need help identifying a Christmas song

There is a Christmas song that I have been trying to find for several years. It used to be on Christmas stations a lot during the '90's and I thought it was by Amy Grant. However, I can't find it on any of her albums. It is not a traditional carol or song. The only lyric I can remember was something like "Come on ring those bells, light the Christmas tree." I know that is fairly generic but I like the song and would like to try and locate it. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by cavone; 11-12-2008 at 09:56 PM.

Stela said:

Could it be this one: Kristin Chenoweth - Come On Ring Those Bells

3. cavone said:

Stela-thank you very much. That is the song I have been trying to identify for years. Now the mystery is solved. The Chenoweth version is newer and probably not the one I heard on the radio years ago. With your help, I now have tracked down the version that I heard. It is by a singer who was popular in the late '70's and early '80's named Evie Tornquist. It is pretty much available on only cassette or LP. That explains why I haven't heard it in awhile. I probably heard it during the '80's when she was popular. As she never issued it on cd, the radio doesn't play it anymore. She apparently quit the business at the height of her popularity to raise children.

Anyway, I want to thank you very much for solving a long standing mystery. You made my day.

Stela said:

You're welcome. I'm glad I helped you.