I will marry the person who can tell me the name of this song, used in gossip girl...

Thread: I will marry the person who can tell me the name of this song, used in gossip girl...

Tags: None
  1. karlfarl said:

Smile I will marry the person who can tell me the name of this song, used in gossip girl...

Hello there, all...

I've been having trouble finding this one song used in the background in gossip girl. it's featured in the first episode of season 2, and unlike every other song used in the series, it's not named anywhere in any of the song lists.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fWZlO6...eature=related
    (or for those of you outside the UK - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWZlO...eature=related)

it starts at 0.36 seconds in and plays in the background, and goes on until 1.18 or thereabouts. i would have done a quick lyric seach on google but it's very difficult to hear what's being sung over the dialogue! And i know it sounds ridiculously like Gimme More by Britney but i assure you - it's not!

It's been driving me crazy, and any help is greatly appreciated...

Cheers in advance,

Karl

2. mari_a_b said:

Lady GaGa - Paparazzi I think!!

3. DaeR said:

Its Paparazzi for sure

4. karlfarl said:

Default Er.. actually..

Thankyou but I should have said it's the song used AFTER Lady gaga...

after the kiss and in the background when Serena (the blonde character) is chasing after Dan (the dark-haired guy)...

Any other suggestions?

x

5. Ultimate DJ said:

will u marry me even if i dnt no? cause I aint got a clue!

puravida
    DJ

6. mari_a_b said:

It sounds like Britney Spears...

7. karlfarl said:

it's not.

DJ Maxx said:

It's definatly not Brittany, but I can't give you my opinion till I see a photo in your profile.

And.......If your name is Karl, the deals off entirely.

9. karlfarl said:

Default 'fraid so...

the name is karl..

and maxx if you know who it is and do not tell me that's tantamount to torture. it's against my human rights...

any ideas, sir?

Steena said:

Do you know what's strange? Sites over sites provide the music for the episode and everybody agrees! Nobody says that there's a title missing ... take this one for example, I found it yesterday and was all happy because it has such a detailed version of the songs.
    http://www.gossipgirl.tv/news/latest...-premiere.html
    According to this page it should be Jem - Crazy if I get all the names of the persons right -- but if you go to Youtube to listen to Jem's track, that's clearly not it why does nobody protest about the missing song?
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

11. karlfarl said:

Quote Originally Posted by Steena View Post
    Do you know what's strange? Sites over sites provide the music for the episode and everybody agrees! Nobody says that there's a title missing ... take this one for example, I found it yesterday and was all happy because it has such a detailed version of the songs.
    http://www.gossipgirl.tv/news/latest...-premiere.html
    According to this page it should be Jem - Crazy if I get all the names of the persons right -- but if you go to Youtube to listen to Jem's track, that's clearly not it why does nobody protest about the missing song?
    i know - i feel like i'm actually going insane. but thankyou for finding me that site, it's great.

i'm not giving up, ladies and gentlemen! any ideas?

DJ Maxx said:

No Karl........I thought it was Rihanna at first, but probably not.

Sorry man....

So do you get many dates this way....I'll have to try offering myself up for answers one of these days.

13. troutfish said:

slightly off topic,
    but I have read on other forums that the Networks that originally air the programs have to change the music that plays on the internet to avoid having to pay licensing fees.
    That is why there are discrepancies in the descriptions of shows that aired and shows that are online.

14. karlfarl said:

Unhappy oh sweet jesus....

well this has been a wholly unsuccessful endeavour.

no-one knows the song. i didn't get a marriage proposal. nor even a date.

wow.

and as for the tip on music, troutfish...thanks.

DJ Maxx said:

Hey Karl

Don't give up ...........Never give up.

I think the biggest problem is that no one can hear it. It's not that they don't know it. We need some professional help. Some audio dude that can remove the talking so we can hear the song.

Where are you audio dudes... ? If they can do it on CSI, it can be done on ATL.

16. Aadilah said:

Unhappy gossip girl missing song

Hi karl i know its been 4 years lol, but did you ever find out what the song was? I recently watched that episode again and its killing me now not knowing the song, wanna find it so badly. thanks so much if its been 4 years and still no one can find this song, OMG!