New Jukebox Playlist! (Nov 2008 - current)

Thread: New Jukebox Playlist! (Nov 2008 - current)

Tags: None

Hco471Model said:

Default New Jukebox Playlist! (Nov 2008 - current)

If you've shopped in Hollister recently, you'll have noticed some new music popping up. On Black Friday (Nov 28), Corporate wiped our Jukebox clean down to an annoying 19 songs. While incredibly annoying when working a 5+ hour shift, they're moving on from the wild pop-punk to a more mellow tone. Jukebox "select a tune" functionality has also been disabled.
    New songs continue to pop in weekly. This list will be updated.

Here's an ongoing list of our new playlist:
    Plain White T's - 1, 2, 3, 4
    High School Musical 3 - Right Here, Right Now (REMOVED)
    High School Musical 3 - Just Getting Started (REMOVED)

Donavon Frankenreiter - Life, Love and Laughter
    Goldfinger - Faith
    Melee - Built to Last
    The Killers - Human
    Newsboys - Secret Kingdom
    Howie Day - She Says
    Panic! at the Disco - That Green Gentleman (Things Have Changed)
    Jupiter One - Countdown
    Eric Hutchinson - Rock & Roll
    Last Goodnight - Stay Beautiful
    Tahiti 80 - Soul Deep
    Tahiti 80 - Heartbeat
    Katelyn Tarver - Everything
    Jon McLaughlin - You are the One
    Jon McLaughlin - Industry (This is Me)
    Rooney - When Did your Heart go Missing
    New Found Glory - The Promise (cover)
    Jason Mraz - Make it Mine
    Jesse Malin - Me and Julio Down By The Schoolyard (cover)
    Matthew Sweet - Time Capsule
    Last edited by Hco471Model; 11-29-2009 at 10:00 AM.
  2. Stereofidelic said:

I work there too, i thought it was just a bug! Dammit! I only work sundays and thursdays but i work there for the music basically, and to meet people.

But uhhh... all my favorite pop-punk bands!! UGH. I dont want sad **** and poppy crap, thats what makes Hollister different!
  3. Moose148 said:

Smile Song from State College

I was in the store in State College around 6 pm, heard a song with lyrics something like " only know 3 ways to say this to you... I Love you.. I had called the store and they said it was Time capsule by Matthew Sweet. WHen I listened to that song I didnt think it was the same one.. Its a California beat male singer.. not really my cup of tea.. but the song and lyrics really got my ear and attention.. Id love help to find the name of this song and who sings it..

Than you in advance and Merry Christmas..

Hco471Model said:

Quote Originally Posted by Moose148 View Post
    I was in the store in State College around 6 pm, heard a song with lyrics something like " only know 3 ways to say this to you... I Love you.. I had called the store and they said it was Time capsule by Matthew Sweet. WHen I listened to that song I didnt think it was the same one.. Its a California beat male singer.. not really my cup of tea.. but the song and lyrics really got my ear and attention.. Id love help to find the name of this song and who sings it..

Than you in advance and Merry Christmas..
    That would be the PWT's "1, 2, 3, 4" on the top of the list.
  5. Moose148 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Hco471Model View Post

I'll check it out.. Thank you
  6. Moose148 said:

Thumbs up

Hco47..... U sooo F******* rock. I was picking my head... that is soo it.. thanks again
  7. Stereofidelic said:

Adding new songs daily? HA i think not... we should at least be able to choose from these 19 songs. I want the old music back!!!!

Hco471Model said:

Quote Originally Posted by Stereofidelic View Post
    Adding new songs daily? HA i think not... we should at least be able to choose from these 19 songs. I want the old music back!!!!
    At the time I wrote it, they were. I swapped it to weekly. Hopefully after they fill it back up, they will let us pick the music.
  9. dudenoway said:

I work there also, and our store manager and I got an idea, and we've been doing it.

I made 2 CD's, with music from the previous playlist. Basically all the old music, and she pops them in the CD player in the back, and we just listen to them, and whenever they both finish we just take them out and listen to the annoying 19 songs on the Jukebox.

Better than nothing, I might say
  10. Stereofidelic said:

Sweeet good plan! Although we plug the ipod into the back, i dunno im not so so close with my managers but i bet i can get a good playlist on my ipod of Hollister music, plus the Donnas and Veronicas which BELONG there haha my chance!

Lets all keep in touch when the stupid playlist updates, errrgh
  11. dudenoway said:

Yeah I just got off work.

From 10am-3pm.

We played the CD's all day long. We now have 3 CD's.

From what I know, we don't have a ipod plugin. If we do I'll be sure to bring my ipod with a playlist of basically all the songs that originally played.

Hollister needs to fix the music, because it's very aggravating.
  12. Stereofidelic said:

yeah it blows, what hollister do you work at?? Im in Burlington vt
  13. dudenoway said:

I think it's store 576. But it's in San Antonio, Texas

But it's a new Hollister. It just opened back in February. It's kinda small, as opposed to most Hollisters in San Antonio.

The ones at the malls are pretty big. It kinda sucks because not many people know that we are there. Plus people like going to Hollister to chillax, and hang with friends. We're in this shopping center like a mall, but it's not the same. And it's new, so with that most people would rather go to the original malls to walk around and such.
  14. Moose148 said:

Default Solved

Thank you hco
  15. dudenoway said:

I really would like Hollister to fix their music juke box.

I liked it, and it's annoying now
  16. DPFI said:

The new list is retarded and sucks for the employees, of course the high-maintenance dbags at corporate couldn't give the employees a second thought....

Hco471Model said:

It's been like this at Abercrombie & Fitch all along. We had the luxury Jukebox at Hollister for much longer than they had it at A&F (never). It's really sad that Hollister is stripping everything that made it unique. First ClubCali () and now the Jukebox. =(

Also, if your DM or RM catches your store playing the old music, your Hollister will get into serious trouble. The company takes their equal Store Experience policies very seriously. We play all the old songs after close with someone's iPod (we're all dorks and have the identical old playlist) hooked into the system.
  18. dudenoway said:

It's been like this at Abercrombie & Fitch all along. We had the luxury Jukebox at Hollister for much longer than they had it at A&F (never). It's really sad that Hollister is stripping everything that made it unique. First ClubCali () and now the Jukebox. =(

Also, if your DM or RM catches your store playing the old music, your Hollister will get into serious trouble. The company takes their equal Store Experience policies very seriously. We play all the old songs after close with someone's iPod (we're all dorks and have the identical old playlist) hooked into the system.
    I guess our RM is nice. Cause she comes in the store about once a week, on a Tuesday most often, and we play the CD's we have sometimes.
  19. Stereofidelic said:

That playlist should be updated, theres only 20 songs playing, ever since november. I havent even heard heartbeat by Tahiti.

I only work sundays right now but i love

Built to Last
    She Says
    and as always, the Countdown.

Its frusterating because i discovered alot of my favorite songs from the old juke.

Poison IV - A Kiss Could Be Deadly

So why did the juke get the shaft again?
  20. dudenoway said:

Really?
    I haven't worked since saturday.. but saturday the jukebox was still shitty.

Touch screen disabled, and it has the same like 10 songs playing over, and over.