New Jukebox Playlist! (Nov 2008 - current)

Thread: New Jukebox Playlist! (Nov 2008 - current)

Tags: None
  1. igolifornia said:

Smile New songs at hco :D

theere is a new playlist, which i think it sucks but still its new i was tired of the old one.. please put the names of the new playlist and i like the way you put the songs all organized
  2. dudenoway said:

Yep. New playlist as of Friday, Feb 6th.

They just added about 10 new songs and removed all the old ones.

it is good to have a change.
    I know they play
    Drops Of Jupiter - Train (Why? I have no clue lol)
    Some song by a band called The Cat Empire
    A song by Matchbox 20

And then a bunch of randoms
  3. escho422 said:

i worked tonight. and these are some of the songs:

5 years time by noah and the whale
    if you're gone by matchbox twenty
    drops of jupiter by train
    as tall as cliffs by margot & the nuclear so and so's

they play some song that says something about... gonna get the girl? get it get it? i forgot the artist..

there's also that song thats like do do do on the way... with kind of an african sound. but i think it's a cover and i don't know the band on that either.

there's one song i think it's the cat empire one that is incredibly annoying. it's really long and whiny... i hate it.

Hco471Model said:

Yeah, we've got a brand new playlist. I'll try to compile the list soon. They're really taking us back this time!

It's like middle school (and high school) all over again!
  5. ImpctHol said:

the whiny song is:
    the cat empire - Saltwater
  6. blb110 said:

Did anyone figure out the song with the african beat?
  7. MUSIC<3 said:

Default hollister playlist

i went into to work and there was all this new music playing. now, you don't know how excited i was. i thought i was going to have to listen to tahiti 80 for the 500th time.

anyway, some songs i already knew and others i got from the jukebox.
    they are:
    5 years time by noah and the whale
    as tall as cliffs by margot and the nuclear so and so's
    the game of love by santana
    drops of jupiter-train
    send me on my way-rusted root (this one had an african beat, im not sure if the person who person before me was referring to this one)

there was one with a sort of spanish beat that i didn't get the chance to see because i was up in bettys one.
    if anyone knows what that one is please let me know.
  8. blb110 said:

thank you MUSIC<3!! The Rusted Root song was the one I heard!
  9. jwigthemodel said:

along with rusted root there is also an oldie. well kinda. its a song by fleetwood mac, which i thought was weird to be playing in hollister. are they trying to reach the older generation with this stuff? ha
    but i was a little excited to notice new music playing. i got sick of hearing "human" and "1,2,3" over and over and over again every time i worked. i now look forward to working just to listen to the new music. HA
  10. Stereofidelic said:

I cant say i know what direction hollister is trying to go to... but honestly. If they wanna update the playlist, you think they could consult with some professionals and at least get some good new music. I was actually starting to like most of the songs on the new (now old) playlist

Tahiti, Jon Mclauglin, melee, etc...

Oh yeah, theres another song by Melee thats on. *** the game of love is on here??? These are all old songs blah.
  11. jwigthemodel said:

i agree. melee is cool. i can get along with listening to that. i just miss the old stuff too. the cab was amazing. me and few buddies would keep selecting every single song off that album and weezer. music in there used to be cool, like weezer and simple plan. now it sounds jamaican. then they throw in a few oldies. i have no clue, like you said, what their aim is. i only work a few days a week, but i have noticed some good old songs from my youth, lol. like drops of jupiter by train.
  12. dudenoway said:

The rusted root is the one with the african beat. It's also in the movie Matilda

So many of our employees recognized it instantly haha.

I also am not sure what's with the weird change in their music. I did love it when the jukebox was fully functional. I'm not sure if they removed the songs to save money? (copyright fees)But nonetheless, the change is alright.

My newest favorite song on there is Gots To Get Her - Blake Lewis. (Also nobody mentioned this song, so add it to the list)
  13. escho422 said:

sick by melee
    the show by lenta
    make you crazy by brett dennen
    i'm feeling you by santana
    steal your heart away by fleetwood mac
  14. escho422 said:

i LOVE that gots to get her song
    i forgot about that one.

5 years time and that one are my favorites. saltwater makes me want to DIE. i usually go to the stockroom until it goes off...
  15. jwigthemodel said:

ha, yeah. that blake lewis song is awesome. when i first heard it though, i thought it was ricky martin... which kinda made me want to cry. but alas it isnt. hah
    and i HATE repeat HATE the song by lenka. me and a manager got into it over that very same song. she liked it, and we argued for at least a good 30 mins. i guess its too girly or something. but overall, the new songs are much appreciated over the repeated crap we had to listen to before
  16. dudenoway said:

Quote Originally Posted by jwigthemodel View Post
    ha, yeah. that blake lewis song is awesome. when i first heard it though, i thought it was ricky martin... which kinda made me want to cry. but alas it isnt. hah
    and i HATE repeat HATE the song by lenka. me and a manager got into it over that very same song. she liked it, and we argued for at least a good 30 mins. i guess its too girly or something. but overall, the new songs are much appreciated over the repeated crap we had to listen to before
    Indeed. The Blake Lewis song is quite catchy.

Hco471Model said:

Blake Lewis lost American Idol for a damn good reason... -.-

Also, idk, The Show is just a song that never seems to get old to me. It's got an anthemic structure to it.
  18. igolifornia said:

neww playlistt at hollister.. :|
  19. dudenoway said:

Yess new play list.
    And actually, the are 1000x better songs than before.

I love how Smash Mouth is on it From like 2001.

Anyway, my manager told me that they change the music each time they have a major floorset change. So we will most likely be stuck with this music until august or so.
  20. Ineedarealjob said:

I think there was one more song that was a cover.
    I can't just remember what it was.
    I had never heard the original until i was in a supermarket...
    I can't think of it. crap.
    But the one i heard at the supermarket was sung by a woman, and it was kinda jazzy and soulful.