Solved: Christmas song

Thread: Solved: Christmas song

Tags: None
  1. evilpeaches said:

Talking Solved: Christmas song

i remember hearing this song in my childhood on one of my mom's old cassettes. I've been trying to make her a new Christmas CD mix and wanted to include this song but i can't find it.
    It's by a woman, with kids singing back-ups.
    The chorus is something like "That's Christmas to me"
    "Chimes ring in the steeple
    Music fills the air
    crowds of smiling people
    greet you everywhere"

i've tried punching the lyrics into google but haven't gotten anything. any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by evilpeaches; 12-19-2008 at 11:10 AM. Reason: solved
  2. Cinnabits said:

Oh wow, I know exactly what song you are talking about, but I am not sure of the song name / artist either! In fact, I heard it just the other day...I too tried using Google to find even the tiniest bit of information about this song, but to no avail

I guess that your best bet would be to call up your local "Oldies" radio station, or whichever station seems to be airing a good variety of Christmas tunes, and ask them if they know what it is.

I'll do the same, and if I have any luck, I'll let you know!!

Merry Christmas!
  3. Sylviavs said:

Default Patti Page

I remember this album as a young girl and I just heard the song again after all of these years...it was a green album cover and we played it every year. Hope your Mom enjoys the album you put together!
  4. evilpeaches said:

so the song is "Christmas Bells" by Patti Page. thanks everyone for your help! I'm so glad to have found it.
  5. Sylviavs said:

Default Christmas Bells by Patti Page

I'm trying to find the lyrics to this song. I found the following, but I don't believe it's accurate and I have adjusted it somewhat. If anyone has a link to the song that can be listened to or a link to the actual lyrics, please let me know. Thanks!

CHRISTMAS BELLS

THE CHRISTMAS BELLS ARE RINGING,

THE HOLLY'S AT THE WINDOWPANE,

I HEAR THE CHOIR SINGING;

IT'S CHRISTMAS AGAIN.

THE FIREPLACE IS GLOWING,

THE STOCKING'S ON THE CHRISTMAS TREE,

THEN SUDDENLY IT'S SNOWING;

THAT'S CHRISTMAS TO ME.

CHIMES RING IN THE STEEPLE,

MUSIC FILLS THE AIR,

CROWDS OF SMILING PEOPLE

GREET YOU EVERYWHERE.

WHEN I AWAKE AT SEVEN,

I'LL SEE YOU AND MY HEART WILL SING.

YOU ARE MY GIFT OF HEAVEN

WHEN CHRISTMAS BELLS RING.
  6. evilpeaches said:

Wink

i just went to Amazon.com and downloaded the mp3 of the song for $.99 worth it to me to spend a buck and get to include it on the cd. you can hear a sample of it there, too, they have the christmas with patti page album there (with a green cover even!)
  7. Sylviavs said:

Default Christmas Bells

A friend of mine found it on youtube. You can view it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8J8cuXGBMY

Let me know if this works as I'm not too sure how to attach the link.

Merry Christmas!

Sylvia
  8. oldiesbutgoodies said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I remember this song from an 8-track tape a long time ago, and couldn't remember who sang it! I kept thinking it was Doris Day or Ann Margret. But Patti Page? Never would have guessed it in a million years! I love this song. Merry Christmas!!