Christian Praise & Worship songs translated to English

Thread: Christian Praise & Worship songs translated to English

Tags: None
  1. Rehoboth said:

Default Christian Praise & Worship songs translated to English

Anyone know where I could find a website that translate christian worship songs into english? I am one of the worship leaders at my church and we are starting to have spanish families attend that don't know much english. I would like to be able to display the words to the songs in spanish, as well as sing some simple ones in spanish.

I would like to say thanks to those of you who have translated some songs on your threads, as far back as 4 years ago. I just stumbled upon them and they have been very helpful.

Rehoboth

damarys said:

We do that right here!
    There are hundreds of worship songs already translated here; and most of them are singable! If you can't find them in a search, just post and we will let you know where to find them or someone can translate it for you.
    We are all here to help!
    Last edited by damarys; 01-02-2009 at 01:56 PM.

w126jep said:

Anyone know where I could find a website that translate christian worship songs into english? I am one of the worship leaders at my church and we are starting to have spanish families attend that don't know much english.
    If you're looking for a website, check out the one I put together. I made it for those who come on here looking for songs in both languages. The address is alabanzaspraises.weebly.com
  4. Rehoboth said:

w126jep, nice website.

There are many songs I need that we sing regularly that I can't find on this website.

Amazed
    And that my soul knows very well
    High and exalted
    I am free
    I will boast
    The whole earth
    Joy of my desire
    sing to the king
    Turn it around
    great is the lord (i will lift my voice and sing, great is the lord.....)
    your name
    that's what we came here for (you deserve the highest praise)
    all we want is you
    your love is deep
    only you satisfy
    can't stop praising his name
    redeeming love
    everything that has breath praise the lord (he is our God, let all creation bow..)
    everything that has breath (praise him in the sanctuary .....)
    here in your presence
    i will always
    abba father (Kraus)
    thank you for loving me
    take me in
    Thou art a shield for me
    wonderful god
    your love is extravagant
    turn it around

w126jep said:

w126jep, nice website.

There are many songs I need that we sing regularly that I can't find on this website.
    Hmm, I don't know any of these songs. I only put on my website songs that I know because I screen each song to make sure the lyrics fit with the music. Are these titles to songs or to hymns? I will surf around and see if I can find you the lyrics and chords to these songs.
  6. Rehoboth said:

yhey are not hymns. you may not recognize the titles. the songs are from hillsong, darell evans, jami smith, Israel H, etc

damarys said:

Here is I am Free (I found it on this website):

"Soy Libre"

A través de Tí los ciegos verán
    a través de Tí los mudos cantarán
    a través de Tí los muertos se levantarán
    a través de Tí nuestros corazones alabarán
    a través de Tí, la oscuridad huye
    a través de Tí mi corazón grita soy libre
    soy libre.

Soy libre para correr
    (soy libre para correr)
    soy libre para bailar
    (soy libre para bailar)
    soy libre para vivir por Tí
    (soy libre para vivir por Tí)
    soy libre
    (soy libre)
    sí, soy libre
    (soy libre.)

A través de Tí los ciegos verán
    a través de Tí los mudos cantarán
    a través de Tí los muertos se levantarán
    a través de Tí nuestros corazones alabarán
    a través de Tí, la oscuridad huye
    a través de Tí mi corazón grita soy libre
    soy libre.
    ¿Eres tú libre?
    Yo soy libre.

damarys said:

I found these... I will keep looking for you!

Your name is Holy - http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ch...tml#post238299

Your Name O God - http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/en...tml#post228880

Your Love Oh Lord (Third Day) - http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/en...tml#post206280
  9. Rehoboth said:

I found a website. http://www.kovideo.net/ you do a search for the song or artist and it will translate the song into the language you choose. I found over half of the songs I listed above and more. thanks for the information for i am free. i couldn't find that one.

damarys said:

Just remember that such translations aren't always very good... they tend to be literal and they usually are not singable. It's a lot harder to translate a song than it looks.
    To try out how good a translation is, do it backwards. That is, put the translation they gave you in Spanish back into babelfish (http://babelfish.yahoo.com/?fr=avbbf-us).
    I'll keep looking for you!
  11. Rehoboth said:

i found a website that was very helpful. it is http://www.kovideo.net/. found most of the songs and more that i've been looking for. thanks damarys for i am free. couldn't find that one. all i in need for now is

the whole earth (new life worship)
    you are great (jason breland)
    all we want (darrel evans)
    high and exalted
    turn it around (Israel)
    wonderful god (hillsong)
    Abba father (klaus)
    take me into the holy of holies
    can't stop praising his name
    redeeming love(michaele neale)
    thank you for loving me (jason breland)
    here in your presence (new life worship)
    marching and moving
    praise the Lord (mary alessi)
    on mountains high (michael neale)
    overflow
  12. Rehoboth said:

damarys, i didn't know that. so how would i know what is correct?

w126jep said:

Just remember that such translations aren't always very good... they tend to be literal and they usually are not singable. It's a lot harder to translate a song than it looks.
    That's why I always screen the songs I have to make sure they fit the melody. Practically all the songs I have on my website are taken straight from CDs or artists who have sang them in Spanish. I'm a native speaker so it's easy for me to recognize when something doesn't make sense. But I take it you're not a native speaker, so you might want to find someone who is, so that they can screen the songs for you.
  14. Rehoboth said:

both of you confirmed what I've been thinking about doing. I had another friend also tell me to screen them to make sure they are correct. I also thought about ordering some cd's in spanish with the songs i'm interested in. i'll try that website above to put the lyrics in. i guess i'll have to keep the songs i listed the first time on the list until i can verify if they are correct. in the meantime, are the 2 of you okay with me showing you the translations to the songs i have. i know j said he wasn't familiar with some of the songs. they are really nice songs.
  15. Rehoboth said:

i put some of the songs I've found on the website i told you 2 about using the website i was given by damarys. the translations to some of the songs i put in doesn't make make sense like the 2 of you said. thank you so much. my pastor is spanish and bilingual and so is one of the other members. however his wife doesn't speak any english. what a mess that would have been if i had incorrect translations on the screen.

the babel website. i put in the tranlsation that i was given to i am free. it was very clear, almost like reading complete sentences in english. here is a couple of examples of songs i translated from the website i gave. i didn't like them
    this is the way the song is written
    I WILL ALWAYS

I WILL ALWAYS
    GIVE YOU THE GLORY
    WORSHIP YOU ONLY
    LORD, I WILL ALWAYS
    LOVE AND ADORE YOU
    THERE’S NO ONE BEFORE YOU
    AS LONG AS I HAVE BREATH
    LORD, I PROMISE THIS
    THAT I WILL, ALWAYS WORSHIP YOU

this is the translation i found from the website

Yo siempre le dan la gloria, el culto Sólo.
    Señor, siempre el amor y te adoro,
    no hay un antes de Usted.
    Al tiempo que tengo aliento,
    Señor, te lo prometo esto (promesa)
    que siempre Usted culto.

here is what babel translated it as

I always give the glory him, the cult Only. Sir, always the love and I adore to you, it does not have before You. While I have breath, Sir, you I promise this to it (promise) that always cultured You.

here is another
    AMAZED

You dance over me
    While I am unaware
    You sing all around
    But I never hear the sound

Lord, I’m amazed by you
    Lord, I’m amazed by you
    Lord, I’m amazed by you
    How You love me

You paint the morning sky
    With miracles in mind
    My hope will always stand
    For You hold me in Your hand

How wide
    How deep
    How great
    Is Your love for me

Usted danza sobre mí
    Si bien me ignoran
    Usted canta todo
    Pero nunca escuchará el sonido
    Señor, estoy sorprendido por Usted
    ¿Cómo me amas
    ¿Qué anchura
    ¿Qué tan profundo
    ¿Cuán grande
    Tu amor es para mí
    ¿Qué anchura, oh Señor, ¿qué amplitud
    ¿Qué tan profundo, oh Señor, cuán profunda
    ¿Cuán grande, oh cuan grande
    Tu amor es para mí
    Señor, estoy sorprendido, deslumbrado por Usted
    ¿Cómo me amas
    You dance on me Although they ignore to me You sing everything But never he will listen to the sound Sir, I am surprised by You Sir, I am surprised by You Sir, I am surprised by You How you love to me What width So deep what How great Your love is for me What width, oh Sir, what amplitude So deep what, oh Sir, how deep Great, oh how how great Your love is for me Sir, I am surprised, I dazzled by You Sir, I am surprised, I dazzled by You Sir, I am surprised, I dazzled by You How you love to me
  16. Rehoboth said:

after putting a few songs in babel, the song "amazed" doesn't seem to bad. just a few minor things. am i correct? i assume the spanish language probably uses different words from the english language to say things. how do i know when i am looking at a good translation? "i am free" was a very good translation like i stated earlier.

damarys said:

Ha, ha, ha! LOL!!! Thanks for the morning laugh. These translations are HORRIBLE! The office staff at my work place was using these online translators (without my knowledge) to send letters home to Spanish speaking customers. Some of the letters were downright offensive; most of them just didn't make any sense. The computerized translators do not have a way of understanding context so often it is just garbled stuff. Sometimes they get it right, especially if it is a simple phrase, but for a song, I would never use it. By the way.... AMAZED is not good either. Please don't use it!

If you want a straight translation, put it here at ATL and we will do one for you. Make sure you include the lyrics you want translated. If you want a song translated so that it can be sung, go ahead and state that within the body of your message and include the lyrics and/or a link to YouTube or somewhere where we can hear the melody.

There are many Christians who visit this forum who have singeable translations to some of these songs. THis part of the forum has not been very active lately so they may not be visiting. Sometimes you can send some of the most prolific posters a private message and they will get a notice in their own e-mail account. You may get a response that way.

Of course, you can always purchase CDs with the songs in them, or download individual songs... I've done that.

Well, I need to get some work done this morning. Later!

w126jep said:

I went on YouTube to check out some of the songs you had posted and I realized some of them are done by artists for their CDs. Usually these songs are more "concert-style" which means they include musical interludes or solos. Personally, I don't use many of them because they are not "congregation-friendly" as in one can't sing-along. You should also try to find some old-fashioned worship songs that their melodies are more simple and easy to follow. Especially ones with choruses that are repetitive, those seem to be a favorite at my local church. Anyway, let me know what you think

w126jep said:

I have to agree, those translations are terrible. Jaja, don't worry though, I know you're trying your best to help these members feel welcome
  20. Rehoboth said:

i thought the lyrics were funny too. so glad the 2 of you stopped me. i thought i had struck gold. i could see my pastor and brother coming to me about those lyrics. better yet, my pastor commenting about them before the congregation.

that's funny about the work letters being translated...lol

as far as the choice of songs, we don't sing them "concert style" and the solos are not sung as solos. i always hear the congregation singing along even on the solo parts. i also hear some ad-libbing on the solo parts. our congregation always find a way to participate and we always find a way to get them involved. we always try to change the style of the song from "concert style" to "congregation friendly". if we can't make it "congregation friendly" and feel the song is anointed, we find a way to get the congregation involved so they feel they are part of the worship. we also sing occasionally the ones i saw on this website. however, we sang those songs for years (literally 30+) that people were tired of hearing them (body language during songs and showing up for church after the worship was over) and we were tired of singing them (believe it or not). We are now singing some new songs. everyone has and continues to be excited about this. Occasionally, we will sing an "oldie but goodie".

I'll put a couple of songs with the lyrics I would like translated. I will also try to put the you tube link there as well. I need to prepare some songs for next Sunday and would like the spanish lyrics on the screen.

By the way, what does Jaja mean?