Milky way commercial

Thread: Milky way commercial

Tags: None
  1. 52X Max said:

Default Milky way commercial

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can help me. It's about a song featured on a milky way ad that aired on latinamerica some ten years ago, and it was about a guy knockin' the door on a monastery because his girl left him. Perhaps it also aired in the US, but I wouldn't know.

the only piece of lyrics I can remember was "good-bye, my girl, now you're just like a dream..." while the guy was holding the girl's picture.

It had some sort of Springsteen kind of vibe, then almost at the end, it had a guitar solo with some distortion... very 90's, a-la bon jovi or guns n' roses power ballads, but the voice was neither high nor very low, but pretty clean. Then at the end there was a chorus where the singer started screaming "good-bye my girl", and he repeats it one or two more times.

As the song progresses, the guy takes a bite at his milky way bar, which cheers him up and makes him rethink his decission, so he runs away instead, and leaves the candy wrapper in an empty fountain, along with the girl's picture. Then finally a monk shows up at the door and there's nobody there, so he looks down, lifts the trash and puts it in a can, which is full of girls' pictures and milky way wrappers.

I think I should be like 13 years old, but I still remember it pretty well, and that song's been going through my head all these years, but I've never been able to track it down to this day.

Can you help me?

I just joined this forum, pretty much to see if anyone here can shine a light on this song.
    How many roads must a man walk down, before he asks for directions?

DJ Maxx said:

There's a song called "Goodbye My Girl" by Blood & Whisky

Some Lyrics

And you know in your heart in your heart you must be free
    Goodbye my girl don't you know I hate to leave you
    Goodbye my girl and I hate to see you cry
    Goodbye my girl don't you know I hate to leave you

No idea where to listen to it

3. 52X Max said:

I distinctively remember saying "now you're just like a dream", and it had a very rock and roll feel to it. Idk, maybe it was just a jingle, cause I've spent ages looking for it with no luck at all.

Thanks for trying, though
    How many roads must a man walk down, before he asks for directions?

4. Melissa Ruiz said:

Heeey! I'm from Mexico and I also remember that milky way commercial! So I was looking for the song and I ended up here! Have you found it?

5. Gerardo Melo said:

Default Is not blood and w... **** idiot! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

dj maxX is not blood and w... *F*U*C*K idiot!
    Last edited by Gerardo Melo; 10-11-2015 at 10:03 PM. Reason: FUVK

6. milkyman said:

Here it is, apparently it's not a complete song but just a jingle:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8tTTiv2w3g

7. Melissa Ruiz said:

Default Omg!

I’m so happy you found the commercial aaand kinda sad it was just a jingle, I cannot believe after 9 years you answered!! Thanks!!