Help With Chorus

Thread: Help With Chorus

Tags: None
  1. dmoney101 said:

Default Help With Chorus

Can anyone help me with the chorus to this song?
    http://www.imeem.com/drbabyboy/music...iraera_pa_joa/
    i got
    "donde donde tu ta palomo k no te veo"
    "efe, tiene miedo, tiene miedo...????? palomo k tiene miedo"
    what's the ??? part?
    Last edited by dmoney101; 01-22-2009 at 10:02 PM.

2. beautiful said:

I beleive this chorus was written by some " who used the short "words used now in modern days , I hope I can be clear..:

"donde donde tu ta paloma //where, where are you dove
    " ta = short word for "estas"
    "efe" , not sure about this but I think is wrote incorrect apart from using short word " EFE = Es que // is because

tiene miedo, tiene miedo // you are afraid, you are afraid ?

(I hope it helped you)..

3. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by beautiful View Post
    I beleive this chorus was written by some " who used the short "words used now in modern days , I hope I can be clear..:

"donde donde tu ta paloma //where, where are you dove
    " ta = short word for "estas"
    "efe" , not sure about this but I think is wrote incorrect apart from using short word " EFE = Es que // is because

tiene miedo, tiene miedo // you are afraid, you are afraid ?

(I hope it helped you)..
    oh, i understand everything fine. palomo is a word that's like a b*tch. efe is just short for jefe. i just wanna know what he's saying in the part where i put question marks

EDIT: sorry, i just realized i didn't post a link to the song. i gotta stop smokin so much jajaja

4. beautiful said:

I would need to know the complete song, so I can make sure that the meanings are well translated.., or reffer to it as you say. ( its possible)

EFE.., hmm, not quite sure this is meaning for JEFE, or ( boss),.,
    maybe some people will "pronounce " ES QUE, like..,ehh ke,,, or " ehke" = es que,. but for JEFE ?? hmm never heard it before in this way.

As for " dove".., its a bird. beautiful white bird.., so. not sure if the song reffers to it as "***** or woman"., never heard "paloma" reffering it as a *****..,

Usually when PALOMA is used in songs.. , its usually beautiful woman., but .who knows nowadays what exactly some songs reffer too exactly.

5. dmoney101 said:

I would need to know the complete song, so I can make sure that the meanings are well translated.., or reffer to it as you say. ( its possible)

EFE.., hmm, not quite sure this is meaning for JEFE, or ( boss),.,
    maybe some people will "pronounce " ES QUE, like..,ehh ke,,, or " ehke" = es que,. but for JEFE ?? hmm never heard it before in this way.

As for " dove".., its a bird. beautiful white bird.., so. not sure if the song reffers to it as "***** or woman"., never heard "paloma" reffering it as a *****..,

Usually when PALOMA is used in songs.. , its usually beautiful woman., but .who knows nowadays what exactly some songs reffer too exactly.
    it's just dominican slang, trust me, i know this stuff. i use the word palomo every day jaja. it's a b*tch towards a guy, you don't really use it towards women. it's a guy that has no courage, no money, can't get a girl, etc.
    that's why he says "tu tiene bagina"
    it's a diss song (tiraera) for a guy named Joa

6. beautiful said:

Smile

Oh I see, I learned Spanish in Mexico, I guess we use the word Paloma in a different way lol, this is good to know, thank you for letting me know.

7. dmoney101 said:

Oh I see, I learned Spanish in Mexico, I guess we use the word Paloma in a different way lol, this is good to know, thank you for letting me know.
    yea, i always have to explain that word when i use it

damarys said:

Hi beautiful. Welcome to the forum. Check out the "slang" thread right above this one for some interesting stuff on dialectical differences. Like you, I'm learning that the Spanish I learned as a child is nothing like the Spanish that is spoken in popular music today. dmoney is one the forum's slang experts!
    Have fun!

9. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by damarys View Post
    Hi beautiful. Welcome to the forum. Check out the "slang" thread right above this one for some interesting stuff on dialectical differences. Like you, I'm learning that the Spanish I learned as a child is nothing like the Spanish that is spoken in popular music today. dmoney is one the forum's slang experts!
    Have fun!
    expert? nah, i wouldn't go there. i just no a little bit, but i'd still be completely confused if i had to go live in DR or PR jaja

damarys said:

You are too modest. You know quite a bit and you have been a lot of help to me.

11. dmoney101 said:

You are too modest. You know quite a bit and you have been a lot of help to me.
    well you should see the slang i know from America jaja. i'm glad to have helped, but i'm sure you've helped me more than i've helped you. speaking of which, do you know what he's saying on the part i can't figure out?

damarys said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    Can anyone help me with the chorus to this song?
    http://www.imeem.com/drbabyboy/music...iraera_pa_joa/
    i got
    "donde donde tu ta palomo k no te veo"
    "efe, tiene miedo, tiene miedo...????? palomo k tiene miedo"
    what's the ??? part?
    Okay... I got it...

"efe, tiene miedo, tiene miedo, se le nota palomo que tiene miedo"

good song.... contagioso!
    Last edited by damarys; 01-22-2009 at 10:54 PM.

13. beautiful said:

Thank you everyone.

Very interesting, I was brought up in México so the slang we use is quite diffent as in any language, good to know new "slang".

I just listened to the song.. and it is quite "contagiosa". haha

14. dmoney101 said:

Okay... I got it...

"efe, tiene miedo, tiene miedo, se le nota palomo que tiene miedo"

good song.... contagioso!
    well what does that mean?
    and yea, i LOVE the beat and lyrics to the song even though it's really mean jaja

damarys said:

"se le nota" roughly means, "it is noticed" or "you can tell".... something like that.

It is a mean song, and nasty.... but it's got a great beat!

16. dmoney101 said:

"se le nota" roughly means, "it is noticed" or "you can tell".... something like that.

It is a mean song, and nasty.... but it's got a great beat!
    yea, i liked lines like "tu tiene vagina" and "tu ere maricona" lol. he really liked the guy he was talkin about :P

17. beautiful said:

I agree the beat is ok., the lyrics...not quite nice at all in my opinion, but, its only song.