Genre???

Thread: Genre???

Tags: None

karlsanada10 said:

Default Genre???

How can I know what type of Genre is the song???

This is always bothering me...
  2. Ultimate DJ said:

Hello,
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner. But usually you can tell what Genre it is by the Drumkit.
    Take the different Genres you like and listen to the Drums in it. And you will usually hear a similiar drumkit through out the genre with of course some variation in the patter ...etc
    Of course the instruments as well tell you the genre. Like Rock has all Live Instruments meaning actually people are playing them so mainly Electric Guitars and a bass sometimes piano...etc
    with Hip Hop its all usually done with a Keyboard or Synths or Electronically done. So all the sounds are very Synthesized. and you can hear it.
    Trance music is the same but the drum is way faster and not the same patterns at all.
    Country style has plenty of Violins in it and Banjos Acoustic Guitars and the drums are similiar to rock.

but also remember like if an Artist is established in a Certain Genre and he Crosses Over to a different one it is sometimes still considered to be in his Original Genre.
    Like take Lil' Wayne all along he did hip Hip but when he Collaborated with on Let It Rock that song is Rock but its in a way considered hip hop. if you see what I mean.

does that help any?

puravida
    DJ

karlsanada10 said:

^Yup, it helped me a lot!

How about alternative? I saw an alternative rock... what does it mean?
  4. Ultimate DJ said:

Quote Originally Posted by karlsanada10 View Post
    ^Yup, it helped me a lot!

How about alternative? I saw an alternative rock... what does it mean?
    Well I'm not into that Genre. But to my knowledge its a subgenre to rock.
    But I believe it to be harder than Rock but not as hard as Metal.
    Heres an excerpt from Wiki;
    Alternative rock (also called alternative music, alt-rock or simply alternative; known primarily in the UK as indie) is a genre of rock music that emerged in the 1980s and became widely popular in the 1990s. Alternative rock consists of various subgenres that have emerged from the independent music scene since the 1980s, such as grunge, Britpop, gothic rock, and indie pop. These genres are unified by their collective debt to the style and/or ethos of punk rock, which laid the groundwork for alternative music in the 1970s.[1] At times alternative rock has been used as a catch-all phrase for rock music from underground artists in the 1980s, and all music descended from punk rock (including punk itself, New Wave, and post-punk).

Heres a list of artist that are considered Alternative.
    Red hot Chili Peppers, Nine Inch Nails, R.E.M, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, The Smashing Pumkins, ....etc

sorry I can't help more...if Ultimate Worrier was on he'd know more..But I think he was banned!

puravida
    DJ

karlsanada10 said:

^thanks for the information!