" Barış Akarsu " (I Miss You So Much..)

Thread: " Barış Akarsu " (I Miss You So Much..)

Tags: None

Rock Star said:

Default " Barış Akarsu " (I Miss You So Much..)

Location = Turkey
    Age = 28 years
    Date of Birth = 29/06/1979
    Date of Death = 04/07/2007

BARIŞ AKARSU says:
    '' DO NOT LET LOVE GO AWAY FROM YOUR HEARTS.
    LOVE IS THE KEY OF EVERYTHING and IT INCREASES BY SHARING. ''

BARIŞ AKARSU was born on the 29th of June 1979 in Zonguldak from the happy marriage of his mother Hatice Akarsu with his father Selahattin Akarsu. He has a sister named Nesrin. Akarsu family named him BARIŞ which means PEACE and in his father's own words : ''He had this name to bring peace to the country and to the whole world, which is more and more needed''. He and his sister, Nesrin, grew up in Amasra, Turkey, where the family moved soon after his birth. Akarsu’s parents still live in Amasra.
    BARIS completed his elementary, secondary and high-school educations in Amasra.
    When he was in high-school, he was a fond of sailing and he decided to do this sport professionally in Amasra Sailing Club.

His interest in music was started in the early ages of his short life that was full-of-love and breadth.
    He used to point out that he remembered himself walking on the streets of Amasra with the block-flute in his hand when he was in the elementary school.
    However, his real acquaintance with music was with the influence of the musicians who used to come to Amasra for live performances and this is when he started to play the guitar and the harmonica.
    Cem Karaca, Ruhi Su were the artists who were continuosly listened in the home of Akarsu Family.
    Starting from those days, BARIS AKARSU continues to listen the rock, hard-rock and heavy-metal groups of the 70s and 80s and he has continued to do so until the end of his short life.

Amasra is well-known with it's beaches and natural settings.
    Beaches of Amasra were the first places where he learned to play guitar with his friends and made his first stage debut also took place on the same venue.

After graduating from high school, BARIS also worked as an animator and as a musician in Antalya. Later he performed at clubs/bars, local televisions and radios in “Ankara” and “Karadeniz Ereğlisi” for a period of 4 years. Then, he decided to go back to Amasra.

It was this period of time when BARIS AKARSU returned to Amasra and when several of his friends encouraged him to participate in the 2004 debut of the reality television program called Akademi Türkiye (The contestants are selected through auditions nation-wide. They stayed in a house called “Akademi” and spend their whole time practicing songs, acting and other activities that are related to perform music.)
    BARIS decided to apply because he saw an opportunity to get trained by professional trainers. In July 2004 BARIS won the highly publicized “Akademi Turkiye = Academy Turkey” and together with this, he fell into the hearts of the millions in Turkey not only as a musician, singer and performer, but also with his wonderful character and always-friendly behaviours for every one he met.

Soon after winning Akademi Turkiye, BARIS released his first album “Islak Islak” and on August 2006, he released his second album “Düşmeden Bulutlarda Koşmam Gerek” both produced by “Seyhan Music”. He has music videos for his songs “Islak Islak”, “Kimdir O”, “Mavi” and “Amasra” from his first album.
    He also has music videos for his songs “Vurdum En Dibine Kadar” and “Yaz Demedim” from his second album.
    “Ben” and “Yeter Be” from his second album were written and composed by him.

During 2006, BARIS was the lead-role actor in the television serial named “Yalanci Yarim” (which was broadcasted all year long and continued during 2007 until we lost him with one of the most unfortunate car accidents took place in Bodrum) and at the same time he gave many live concerts in several parts of the country and with every day passing, he added thousands of fans from all age groups. He also gave many charity concerts for the children of leukemia for whom BARIS cared so much and tried to provide them the best he could.

He has a lot of fans whom called themselves BAG ( Barışı Anlayanlar Grubu = The Ones Who Understand BARIS). They have supported him since he joined the “Akademi Türkiye”. BARIS called them : ''My big loving family''.

It is still hard to believe that we have lost him... We have lost a wonderful musician, performer and we lost the future number-one rock star... but above all, we lost a great man, a wonderful person, a benevolent, breadth human-being !
    We lost the person with a personality that is very rare to find and impossible to be replaced and his absence will always be felt.

We lost him on 4th of July 2007 after 5 days of deep coma in Private Bodrum Hospital which he was brought after having a car accident on the same day he was born (on his birthday) and on the way to his 29th birthday party in Bodrum.
    Millions prayed for him to survive while he was in coma in the hospital for five days after the car-accident.
    But we lost him !
    We lost him while he was getting ready for his third album and when he was planning to make his place certain on the top !

Thousands of people attended his funeral in Amasra ... thousands of people cried after him while millions of people were sharing the same feelings while watching his funeral on the Television.

Rest in Peace BARIS !
    Maybe you lived a very short life and maybe there were many things you planned to do.
    However, you have showed to everyone all of the ethical values which people seemed to forget.

You have been the best sample for everyone !

Thank you for all you have done and thank you for the values you have showed and added to our lives.

We will never forget you BARIS !

We will always remember you with your smiling face !

THE PRIZES OF BARIS AKARSU
    •Akademi Türkiye Music Contest First Prize Winner: June 2004
    •Olay FM : The Best Runner-ups of 2005 : The Best Runner-Up
    Rock Star
    •Survey of Future Magazine: The Best Loved Rock Star of 2005
    •Turuncu Media Group Organization GOLDEN NOTE MUSIC
    AWARDS : The Best Rock Star.
    •Istanbul University Informatics Awards Ceremony: Cem Karaca
    Special Prize
    •USDER (International Health, Education and Social Services
    Association) : 1st Prize Winner in music branch in the Survey of
    'The Bests of the Year'
    •CEM KARACA SPECIAL PRIZE : Expo Channel (April 1st, 2007)
    •13th Kral TV Video Music Awards : 1st Prize Winner in the branch of 'The Best ROCK STAR' (09.05.2007)
    Last edited by Rock Star; 02-09-2009 at 04:28 AM.
    <<<< ♥ BARIŞ AKARSU ♥ AVRIL LAVIGNE ♥ THE CRANBERRIES ♥ DOLORES O'RIORDAN ♥ EVANESCENCE ♥ AMY LEE ♥ WITHIN TEMPTATION ♥ ALEXANDER RYBAK ♥ YOHANNA ♥ LiNZi STOPPARD ♥ VANESSA MAE ♥ ŞEBNEM FERAH >>>>

Rock Star said:

<<<< ♥ BARIŞ AKARSU ♥ AVRIL LAVIGNE ♥ THE CRANBERRIES ♥ DOLORES O'RIORDAN ♥ EVANESCENCE ♥ AMY LEE ♥ WITHIN TEMPTATION ♥ ALEXANDER RYBAK ♥ YOHANNA ♥ LiNZi STOPPARD ♥ VANESSA MAE ♥ ŞEBNEM FERAH >>>>

Rock Star said:

Rock Star said:

Rock Star said:

Rock Star said:

Rock Star said:

Rest in Peace BARIŞ !!! (like your name..)

Rock Star said:

Search this on youtube: “ barış akarsu baby can I hold you tonight mükemmel yorum "
    He sang this song very good.

And you can listen there all of his songs.
    Last edited by Rock Star; 02-10-2009 at 12:18 AM.

Rock Star said:

Rock Star said:

Rock Star said:

Rest in Peace BARIŞ !!! (like your name..)

Beso said:

really i adore baris acctually i didn't knew him b4 his death n i was amazed how all this ppl like him n this make me want to know more n more bout him n with every day i adore him more n i wish i knew him b4
    really he was a great person i like him n all i can say now rest in peace baris inshallah
    Her sabah bir dev masalında ..uyanınca
    Hep çocuk kalmak kurtulmak

Rock Star said:

Yes, he is a great person.. I love him so much..He will always be my “Rock Star”.

Did you watch his series “Yalancı Yarim” ??

Beso said:

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Star View Post
    Yes, he is a great person.. I love him so much..He will always be my “Rock Star”.

Did you watch his series “Yalancı Yarim” ??
    yes i really think he is so great person n yes he also my rock star too
    yes i watched yalanci yarim although i don't understand turkish very well some words from here n others from there n searched to know what this series talk bout
    but really this series i like soooo much n i wished he was still here to know what will happened next

Rock Star said:

Yes, I love soooo much Yalancı Yarim too..it is great a series.

Are U one of the member of his official web site..??
    www.baris-akarsu.com

And also U can register in this forum..There r so many Barış fans there:

http://www.dizifilm.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75571

I can help U when U need the help.

Beso said:

yes i'm already member in baris offical web site not active member :$
    n i'll register in the second fourm now

Rock Star said:

Ok

Frankie Jasmine said:

I, too, learned about BARIS AKARSU after his untimely death. What a wonderful singer and person! His singing stole my heart, although I understood no words of his songs. Then, I too, started watching "YALANCI YARIM," in which he starred. How many times I've watched that series!!

My favorite singer: BARIS AKARSU
    My favorite TV series: YALANCI YARIM.

I've gotten permission from one of the mods to open a thread on the "Artists" thread for "YALANCI YARIM SONGS - BARIS AKARSU." I'd like to post them in the order they appeared on the series. Hopefully, that will be possible.

I am glad there are others out there who love BARIS as I do. I, too, am a member of www.baris-akarsu.com, the Official Website. There, in the English section, I posted descriptions in English of the first 10 Episodes of "YALANCI YARIM." For the most part it is OK, though there could be some mistakes since I understand so very little Turkish/ (Might as well say "none"!)

So nice to meet the two of you. I see Rock Star is still an active member here on ATL.

Beso said:

i really feel happy when i find ppl like him too
    cause he really was a wonderful person Allah rest his soul

Frankie Jasmine said:

Beso and Rock Star,

I had made a decision not to promote my own works on ATL because it is in bad taste--and it is, indeed. However, since you are lovers of BARIS AKARSU, I posted some poems & prose written in his honor on the following thread [#11 and #13-18]:

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/po...-proverbs.html

Only if you're interested, my friends. And not for my sake, but only if you choose to because of your BARIS love . . .
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 05-30-2012 at 11:17 PM.