please translate to english - busta rhymes "arab money"

Thread: please translate to english - busta rhymes "arab money"

Tags: None

ohsirus said:

Cool please translate to english - busta rhymes "arab money"

HELLO - I CAN UNDERSTAND THE CONTROVERSY W/ THE SONG "ARAB MONEY" HOWEVER I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE CHORUS MEANS. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TRANSLATE TO ENGLISH THNX... THANX IN ADVANCE

Shalai Lai Lai Halilili Hai Lo!
    Hi Li Ba Lai Hey Hi Li Bai Lo!

Ha La Shiki Hai Lili Ba La!
    Milli Ai Lai Shi Lili Ba La!
    Last edited by ohsirus; 02-10-2009 at 03:12 PM.
    .:WOn HUNeTtE:. -PontE eN M! n!veL-

ohsirus said:

I FOUND THESE WORDS AND THIS TRANSLATION ON WIKI CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF ITS ACCURATE:

Chorus: "Bismillāhi r-raḥmāni r-raḥīm. Al ḥamdu lillāhi rabbi l-'ālamīn"
    Translation: "In the name of Allah (God), most gracious most merciful. All Praise is due to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Money

citlalli said:

What u found in wiki is an accurate translation of the first couple of verses of the opening chapter of the Holy Qu'ran.

What u posted in the first message though doesn't really look like arabic to me ...
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

ohsirus said:

Any Idea What It Could Be?

citlalli said:

nope... sorry ... although I read there are two versions of this song, and in one they say the coranic verses (without any music at all, as this is forbidden), in the other they say what u wrote; what is not clarified is whether it's some other language or dialect or is just a sort of humming
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

ana1228 said:

They reason they put the part you have in the first post is because I don't think people would listen if they had "bismallah....."

The first post is for radio purposes.
    Those who mind, don't matter. Those who matter, don't mind!

The Arabic Student said:

I got asked this question before and one song I listened to said the bismallah phrase, but another one I listened to had that hai la bi stuff. It definitely wasn't Arabic. I think it was just gibberish, but people who listen to rap will buy anything, so the rappers don't really have to worry. Plus most people don't know if it's Arabic or not so they just assume it is.
    http://thearabicstudent.blogspot.com

ohsirus said:

Quote Originally Posted by The Arabic Student View Post
    I got asked this question before and one song I listened to said the bismallah phrase, but another one I listened to had that hai la bi stuff. It definitely wasn't Arabic. I think it was just gibberish, but people who listen to rap will buy anything, so the rappers don't really have to worry. Plus most people don't know if it's Arabic or not so they just assume it is.
    I DO AGREE W/ YOU THAT THIER "ARABIC" IN THIS SONG IS JUST MUMBLE JUMBLE - HOWEVER YOU CANT TELL ME THAT IT DSNT FIT W/ THE SONG. HINCE WHY PEOPLE ARE WONDERING WHAT THEY ARE SAYING. FURTHERMORE THE REASON I ASK. I DDNT ASSUME IT WAS THIS OR THAT BUT I ASKED IF ANYTHING MADE SENCE OR WAS A DEFINED SENTENCE. IN ADDITION TO THAT, I LISTEN TO RAP AND I ACTUALLY HAVENT BOUGHT A CD IN 5 YRS. . . SHOUT OUT TO LIMEWIRE. .. KEEP HOLDING ME DOWN..

9. zxpriincess said:

it IS arabic they're just not pronouncing it properly! the arab money remix is more fluent but they ARE singing DIFFERENT verses of the koran in both. wikipedia has the accurate translations for it.

the lyrics posted everywhere at the PHONETIC lyrics because obviously americans cannot read arabic so they spell it phonetically -_-

majdn said:

I'm sorry but that song is the stupidest song I've ever heard lol

and zxpriincess is right, they are just pronouncing it wrong.
    Ya reit albi yekoon 2assi 3shan ye2dar yefoot 7obak, o a3eesh zayak sa3eed nassi o la es2alshi 3ala albak.

LOUIE said:

we're getting arab money lol whatever they meant to say in arabic was NOT ARABIC it was some garbage that makes no sense. but the song is really cool especially the dance they do its freaking hilarious.
    ?? ???? ?? ????? ????? ?????? ? ??? ??????? ???? ?????

LOUIE said:

Quote Originally Posted by ohsirus View Post
    I DO AGREE W/ YOU THAT THIER "ARABIC" IN THIS SONG IS JUST MUMBLE JUMBLE - HOWEVER YOU CANT TELL ME THAT IT DSNT FIT W/ THE SONG. HINCE WHY PEOPLE ARE WONDERING WHAT THEY ARE SAYING. FURTHERMORE THE REASON I ASK. I DDNT ASSUME IT WAS THIS OR THAT BUT I ASKED IF ANYTHING MADE SENCE OR WAS A DEFINED SENTENCE. IN ADDITION TO THAT, I LISTEN TO RAP AND I ACTUALLY HAVENT BOUGHT A CD IN 5 YRS. . . SHOUT OUT TO LIMEWIRE. .. KEEP HOLDING ME DOWN..
    who in the world buy CDs these days,huh? I'm not giving away mah ARAB MONEY to busta rhymes so he go golfing in Iran or to eminem so he can spend it on drugs no way, I work hard for mah ARAB MONEY LOL

LOUIE said:

Quote Originally Posted by ohsirus View Post
    HELLO - I CAN UNDERSTAND THE CONTROVERSY W/ THE SONG "ARAB MONEY" HOWEVER I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE CHORUS MEANS. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TRANSLATE TO ENGLISH THNX... THANX IN ADVANCE

Shalai Lai Lai Halilili Hai Lo!
    Hi Li Ba Lai Hey Hi Li Bai Lo!

Ha La Shiki Hai Lili Ba La!
    Milli Ai Lai Shi Lili Ba La!
    WELL, THERES NO CONTROVERSY OVER ANYTHING DUDE. ITS JUST A SONG ALRIGHT. HE SINGS AND MAKES HIS MONEY, WE LISTEN TO IT AND HAVE GOOD TIME AND THEN COUPLE DAYS LATER THE WHOLE SONG IS FORGOTTEN so anyway what they are trying to sing was what's called "THE FATEHA " (الفاتحة) which in Islam is like "our father in heaven" in Christianity. but people making a big deal on youtube out of this for nothing its just a song its not like he was the 1st rapper to use passages from a holy book many others did it like eminen he uses a passage from the bible in his song "evil deeds " where he says "father please forgive me for i know not what i do" so its common thing to use passages from holy books such as the bible, quran, or torah.